“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Hard Scrabble Road | Joggins, Joggins, Nova Scotia, Canada
902-251-2727
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 attractions in Joggins
Type: Geologic Formations, Tourist/ Visitor Centers, Natural History Museums, Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Attraction Details
Windsor, Canada
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Joggins was a great experience ! Our kids had a blast. The cliffs were breathtaking with lots to discover. The center had lots for the kids to discover and the roundhouse cafe served up a great lunch.

Visited July 2013

La Tuque, Quebec, Canada
“Vestiges of the past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went there on a rainy day and because of the tide, I had to wait to be able to catch the next tour because when I got there, the weather wasn't nice enough for us to go on the beach. So, in the meantime I paid the museum a visit and at the end of the afternoon was able to go down on the beach with a guide. It's a good thing that I went to the museum first because then I knew a little bit more what to look for and what to expect to find on the beach. I did find fossils which they already had in large volume but I still was very excited and happy that I actually found one. So, I asked the staff to have my picture taken with the fossil in my hands before I leave it with them. So, do bring a camera, some boots and a raincoat in case it's cloudy because conditions change quickly and you do not want to let the weather ruin your visit. Overall, I really enjoyed my visit and was happy I came. In addition, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A must see attraction.

Lakeside in Eastern Ontario
35 attraction reviews
“Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Joggins Fossil Cliffs was a drive off the beaten path but well worth it. Because of the tide, we couldn't take the tour but we were still able to walk the shoreline ourselves. Great view and awe inspiring.

Well worth the drive!

Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
29 attraction reviews
“Ok but really need a tour to understand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped enroute to NB.... The tour was full so we explored on our own and saw a few cool
fossils and rocks, but we didn't really know what we were looking at. I wouldn't bother unless you are going to take a tour. Also, bring boots! The staircase down wasn't a bit deal or a long walk, but my family is all able bodied.

6 attraction reviews
“An Amazing Place - Walking through Ancient, Ancient Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Didn't quite know what to expect - but were taken aback by what we were able to see. Paid the seniors amount for the one-hour tour and museum admittance. For us, worth it. Our guide Stephanie showed us newly exposed fossils (recent extreme high tides had done their work). Fortunately, the tide and weather cooperated while we were there. The tide was just starting to come back in and the weather was sunny. I don't know how much would be seen at high tide. After the guided part of the tour, we were free to roam the beach (and collect a lot of beach glass - the only thing on the beach allowed to be removed!). On our own, after having had "a lesson" in what to look for, we found more fossils.
The museum is well done as well, but takes some reading and appreciation of "big scientific" words to get the full meaning. But for the lay person, it was still interesting.