“Amazing staff and superb food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siladen Resort & Spa

Bookmark
You added Siladen Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Siladen Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bunaken Marine Park | Manado, North Sulawesi, Siladen Island 95011, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Siladen Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing staff and superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are simple but the food gets a Michelin star! The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The snorkeling trips were very enjoyable and the guides come along and make you feel comfortable so you do not have to worry about strong current. I recommend dolphin watching trip, loved it!

Stayed December 2012
Danidive, General Manager at Siladen Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear XJERRY 123,
thanks a lot for the beautiful comments.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We came to Siladen for our honeymoon and advanced open water course. I have to say it exceeded our expectation and we will for sure recommend to our friends and come back.

Siladen is not a place overly polished but very homy and warm with friendly staff and owners. All the rooms include three meals with great variety and as a foodie I have to say the quality is one of the best in the resorts I have been.

Diving has never been so convenient. The resort is well integrated with access to any diving sites in 20-30 mins and divers can pick and choose how many dives they want to make a day. Dive Master Sfefan is knowledgable helpful and fun. We got a lot of help from him to improve our skills.

I also learned from the co-owner Patrick that Siladen helped integrate the local community providing employment and training for the village people. We are very impressed by the fact that 90% of the staff is from local village.

There is minor issues such as lighting for the garden view room. The owner is well aware of that and a lighting improvement is being undertaken.

Overall an excellent property and we will definitely come back.

Frankie

• Stayed December 2012
siladenresort, Owner at Siladen Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Frankie,

thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you and Emily at the Resort and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future with a whole new menu for you to try and some more critters to discover underwater :-)

All the best for 2013!

Patrick
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Summer this year, around august I went for a three nights trip to Siladen. I have dived Seribu Island and Lombok Island previously and wanted to try the famous site here. I went with my parents and was confused searching for a diving centre that suit my short schedule. The resort caught my attention the moment I stepped through the gate, as an Indonesian it exceeded my expectations. Hotel facilities such as boats and areas are well maintained, while the staffs are kind and helpful. The diving experience was satisfying as I go through the AOWD course for 2 days. The diving instructors are knowledgeable about the sites in Siladen, Bunaken, and Manado Tua and diving team are enjoyable. I even get to see pack of dolphins during the lunch break even though it was not in our schedule. I was instructed by Stefan (one of the diving instructors) in every dive, and I can say that my personal circumstances and the rest of our groups were the top priority of the diving staffs. I did night dive and deep dive for my AOWD and it became my most precious diving experience, I saw: nudibranchs, pigmy seahorse, a shark, dolphins, etc.
While I did the AOWD course alone, my parents went for the snorkelling in a separate route. They were well pleased by the journey and are eager to return.
This resort is my family’s obvious choice when I return to Siladen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeremiah K,

thanks a lot for the beautiful comments.
I am very happy that you enjoyed so much the diving and that Siladen Resort & Spa is your family choice for your future trip in the area.
Looking forward to host you again!

Aarau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Usually I don't comment on hotels but here I make an exception. After traveling Sulawesi for 3 weeks our week in Siladen was the perfect end to great holidays with many highlights. Siladen was definitely one of them as the hotel offers everything you wish for. Amazing rooms, extremely friendly staff (as always in Sulawesi), great food and last bot not least a beautiful island with great diving. Bunaken offers amazing diving opportunities which are best served from the great diving staff! Always friendly and helpful we especially want to mention Stefan and Valentina, who are running the dive base. After some great dives together with them we were very impressed not just by their friendliness but also by their high security standards and professionalism. We even decided to do our AOWD, Nitrox and deep dive speciality with them, which was a great experience. They were also very flexible in order to fulfill all our wishes which we definitely didn't take for granted! So if you are looking for a great hotel in the center of one of the nicest dive spots in the world, Siladen has to be your choice!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the beach view bungalows. Even though they are more expensive they are definitive...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fabio S,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your vacation and that we have offered you what you were wishing for.
Here in Siladen we all hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Siladen in September and we had a fantastic trip. I've been diving and taking pictures for 20 years and there are only a few places in this world I would go back to more than once; Galapagos, Palau and now Siladen. The resort was clean and well maintained and as always in Indonesia the Staff was friendly and attentive. We really we to dive though and we were not disappointed. Stefan and Valentina run the diving and they were both very knowledgeable and friendly. Valentina was especially good at locating the macro critters on our check list and Stefan was spending his time doing advanced training for our group. It was nice that we had a dive staff catering to what we wanted to see and do. The start of every dive day began with want do you want to see and how can we help. Too many times dive resorts tend to go through the motions, not at SIladen. I primarily dove with Deli and I can't say enough about his service and skills. Ok what did we see: dolphins, turtles galore, sharks, napolean wrass, baracuda, squid, octopus, cuttlefish (mating), mandarin fish, frogfish, jumbo shrimp, jacks, tuna, nudibranchs, bat fish, eagle rays, eels, pipefish, all the little crabs etc etc.

What can I say, this place was great.

Room Tip: Get a beach view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert W,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in the resort and I hope that you will come again to visit us soon.

Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Siladen.. for somebody like me, not poor, nor rich (at all), Siladen was a dream come true. When i got there, the staff was incredibly nice from the beginning!Every client is personally taken care of, with smiling, friendly people!We had a beach view room. I appreciated the privacy of the room. Though the light inside the bungalows were too dim (difficulty seeing through our drawers), the room was really well kept and cleaned. I loved the hotel body soap!!!

When my friend got bitten by a santepeed (well, we are in the jungle!), the staff and crew where really nice and took care of her all day long! The locals even got their own remedee to help her (and it really did!)

The resort is on an island with tides, so the see isn't right up on the beaches at all times. You have to be careful no to walk on the coral if you want to go for a swim. I would generally take a nap in the afternoons (when it was low tide) or go for a swim in the beautiful pool... (if I wasn't diving of course!).

The only thing that is too bad (and that isn't the resorts fault) Is the trash floating around. You can see here and there some plastic bags or bottles floating around.. the indonesians aren't very aware yet of the environmental issues... they still have things to learn. I appreciated though seeing the staff of the hotel picking what they could when they would stumble across some trash in the waters. You could see some trash floating around, but i didn't at all bother the general ambiance of the resort.

The food.. wow!!! full buffet for breakfast and lunch, with a "a la carte* menu in the evening. To not waste food, they would ask us at lunch time what we wanted to order for the evening from the menu card, i thought the way of doing was a good idea! The cocktails from the bar were beautiful!The barman so friendly!

Everybody comes here for... the diving!!! wow! i had a blast! the dive teachers were really nice and friendly!I did my advanced and nitrox class and felt really taken care of! One evening, i was the only one wanting to do a night dive. they could have cancelled it being the only person, but they didn't! I had the whole boat to myself with the most smiley and friendly people taking care of me!I really appreciated the dive teachers, they taught me a lot of thing to progress on my diving, they showed a lot of things under water all by respecting the sea and it's inhabitants. Under water, they would also pick up the trash if they saw plastic bags floating around... we were never crowded on the boats, never more than 4 divers with one guide. It was mostly reef walls, so much to see!

The spa was also really nice, with wonderful women taking care of you and making your stay that much more relaxing!

When you go to siladen, you have to keep in mind that the sodas and cocktails have to be paid for, same thing for the massages. The prices could seem expensive, but you have to keep in mind that most of the things come from the maneland, it takes a certain organisation and budget to get everything on the island. Also, the massages are more expensive than the ones I had elsewhere in indonesia, but still, very cheap compared to european prices.. (100 CHF for 4 1 hour massages!!!)

I would go back any time!I even sent a post card to my travel agency, thanking them for bringing me to this place! It is not a party time kind of resort, and i really appreciated that. You never feel overcrowded and I was really able to rest. Also, they can take care of your kids while you are diving, and have a family bungalow also!

Room Tip: beach views: really worth the cost!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valerie B,

I am extremely happy to know that you have enjoyed so much our resort and I hope that in the future you will be visiting us again.
Thank you very much for the beautiful comments!

Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visited the Siladen Resort and Spa in September. We first spent a week in Singapore and then made our way to Siladen to round out our trip. The resort had a great mix of International divers which brought much diversity and interest to the diving and dining at the resort. We enjoyed the beach front accommodations and the mix of Indonesian and Italian cuisine.

Upon our arrival at the resort, we were greeted by Valentina. She introduced us to the resort and the diving. She was thorough in understanding the diving skills and desires for our group of 4. She also introduced us to the other excursions available during our stay. The following morning we met Stefan and Delly on the dive boat. Our group of 4 spent the rest of the week diving with this trio. They did a fantastic job of showing us some wonderful diving in Siladen. They were knowledgeable about the conditions, the dive profiles and the creatures that we would encounter. They were inquisitive about the skills, abilities, and interests of everyone on the boat. The dives and the boat assignments were then coordinated to accommodate everyone. Valentina, Stefan, and Delly were just as excited as the guests about finding interesting and unique creatures on each dive. Stefan and Valentina were essential in communicating on the boats. The dive crew was very competent, but communicating in English may have otherwise been a challenge. The Dive Masters and crew were hard working, friendly, and helpful. They were creative in trouble shooting gear issues and loaning equipment to make sure no one missed out on a dive. They met the needs of the beginners as well as the most experienced on our boats.
The staff in the resort were very friendly and helpful. The spa staff (two massage therapists) left a little to be desired.
We have been diving for 15+ years and this is a resort we would recommend and return to.
The dive conditions were pleasant and easy. The reefs are in great shape with lots of life. We also went on the pilot whale/dolphin excursion and the jungle tour. Both were well worth while for a change of pace. September was a great month to visit - no mosquitos and great weather and conditions!!!!

Room Tip: Beach front for wonderful sunset and quiet solitude
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cmr,

thank you for the beautiful comments.
I hope that you will come back to visit us again soon.

Daniele

Been to Siladen Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!