My husband and I stayed here in July for a week. We enjoyed our trip and had a good time. Loved the Royal suites section. The people that work in this section really enjoy their jobs and made our trip enjoyable. Loved the royal carts. Could not imagine staying in the other sections without those carts because this place is huge. The royal lobby is a great place to hang out and have a few drinks. Really great coffee drinks here. Loved both of our rooms, especially the hot tubs on the balcony. Overall we had a good time but it wasn't without problems.
The first night there we went to dinner and came back and our door was chained. Someone had broken into our room and locked us out. We had a bottom floor room and I know we locked the door so I think they came in from the balcony. Nothing was stolen, but all of our important stuff was locked up in the safe. Management was there and called maintance to get the chain off of our door. We met other guests that had their room broken into the same night next door to us. Management was nice to move us to another building on the top floor to make us feel more comfortable. I think this was just a fluke thing, and nothing was missing so all was good in the end.
Now to my one complaint about the resort. I loved the breakfast and most dinners but lunch just isn't good here. I got tired of the little sandwiches buy the pool and beach by day two. Every where we went for lunch wasn't good. From the snack bar to the buffet to the paella sucked. Why isn't the sports bar open for lunch? That was good. How about opening up El Jardin for lunch for the royal guests. I don't know what they can do but this is a sticking point for me. Now the beach bar for the royal guests is another matter all together. I didn't like one drink I had there. I think its because everyone uses it not just Royal guests. The lobby bar at the royal can make anything you can request and make it good.
Now this resort is beautiful and maintained well. The beach in front of the Royal section is the best for swimming. Spa is great especially the vapor room, loved that. Loved the rock show. Loved to come back to the room to candles and rose petals, great job Royal suites. All in all we had fun and thats what is most important.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Olotels, Venere, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.