this was our honeymoon and first visit to the hotel, I must say when we got there and saw the room I was VERY disappointed as basic isn't the word, there was no kettle or fridge in the room, I know we stayed in a standard room but I would of thought seeing as we are going to the Caribbean in such a hot place that would be basic??? but NO you have to upgrade for that, anyway seeing as the honeymoon costs a lot to begin with we weren't going to upgrade and pay more just to have the basic things needed, but after getting over the shock of this we then went on and had a lovely time, as a room is just somewhere to lay your head, there is plenty to do around the resort so no need to worry about the room, the staff were excellent and cleaning was a big thing there, cleaners around the place night and day, food was excellent also, although we were ill for about 8 days out of 12,rep said it was nothing to do with food but we will never know, one tip I would give though, if you are ill DO NOT go to the chemist at the harbour as we got ripped off there buying meds for our upset stomachs, we did take our own but it did not work for us. We ended up paying £30 for 2 small boxes of pills, we were unsure of the money at the beginning but soon wised up after this.lol. The beach was small but had lots of lounges around the place, but you would have to put your towel out early despite it saying you cant do this as everyone does. Pools were excellent also.
Would we go here again, now that is a question...... I am afraid I would have to say No on this as I don't like the idea of being separated from others who have upgraded and have special privileged areas, it does make you feel like second glass citizens when we are all the same. Paying £2000 for a honeymoon in my opinion is enough to have the basics I think. Also where we stayed there was a lot of noise, it was a ground floor room and kitchens weren't far away, lorries coming and going all hours, and the noise from the bar went on til about mid night most nights. so try and stay away from ground floor rooms around the restaurants and pool areas if possible.
Tracy And Tony Appleby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico