My boyfriend and I visited this resort for a week at the end of February. In shore, the staff was amazing, the food was great, the rooms were clean and modern and the grounds were spotless.
We booked through Noli Tours and had a Noli Plus Priviledged room. We enjoyed the priviledges such as the private beach area and Chill Out Bar. We were also given a pass to the Tapas restaurant. Our room was room 456 in Building B. It was quiet and had two double beds. We didnt need the two beds but used the space to keep us organized!! We had an in room safe and our fridge was restocked with beverages everyday. We were also given preferred seating in the restaurants. The beds were very comfortable and we had a pillow menu.
The staff always had a smile on their faces and greeted us when we passed on the pathways. We felt very safe on and off the resort in Puerto Aventures.
The food was great. We always found amazing food. I gained 5 pounds so something must be good!! Our favourites were the steak house and japanese grill. Just as the reviews say, there are no reservations but we didn't wait for longer than half an hour for a table at any of the restaurants. For the most part, we were seated right away!
The direct entry into the ocean is rocky but we spent most of our time at the lagoon where it is sandy and you can swim into the open ocean from there. I enjoyed the snorkling in the lagoon and ocean right in frount of the resort!
There are activities which you may want to join but we easily relaxed by the pools and beach with no noise.
The hotel is located inside Puerto Aventures which is a gated community. We walked to the marina and stores a couple times. We watched the dolphins and manatees from the walk ways. It is a very safe area.
We booked a snorkling tour to Akamel & Garden of Eden cenote through the dive shop in the hotel and a private tour to Coba & Tulum through Canadian Tours. Both tours took very good care of us and made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves.
We were so tired at the end of the day so we did not see the entertainment.
There are several bars in the resort including two swim up bars.
We will definately be going back.
I would recommend reading the posts about what to expect when you land in Cancun. It helped us tremendously and ensured we were not pulled into time share presentations, etc.
If you have any specific questions, please message me and I will try my best to answer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico