We were staying this hotel in for a week. The hotel was very nice, clean, staff was excellent, they did try to accommodate us in every way. Food was really good, our favorite was the Spanish and Japanese restaurant, but we didn't like the Italian. Of course La Crêperie was the best.
The beach was not good at all, very rocky so bring water shoes, but be careful if big waves as big rocks under the water can hurt you.
The village is great as a gated community is very safe and stores and restaurants are open all day. The best part of the village the Delphiarium , you just walk around and see them to play with others.
I wasn't impressed of the entertainers, the shows very very good but the entertainers did not really tried to involve the guests.
It's a close taxi drive to Playa de Carmen, which you shouldn't leave out!!! Also the hotel offers numerous trips and all of them is great.
Overall we really liked it, the hotel is GREAT but we didn't like the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico