Just back from a week March 15 - 22nd. Resort was very busy and tough to get a drink at the bars, and I must say I swear the alcohol is watered down. We bought our own liquor and kept in room and also ALWAYS purchased bottles of wine at dinner
We were in a Honeymoon Suite - although it was my daughter and I. Nice room, but if it was my honeymoon I would NOT have been overly happy - small room and terrace with tub backed on to a road and continuous construction across the road. Very NOISY everything echoed throughout the blocks of rooms. That is the only NEGATIVE thing about it
Food was very good, staff were fantastic, very accommodating to anything you requested and very quickly. Beach and swimming very nice, full of colourful fish for snorkelling. Did a couple of day trips that went off without a hitch. All of the ala carte restaurants, I was very impressed. I was expecting FAR worse from the reviews and what can I say, I have a high expectation of restaurants and am usually disappointed. Steakhouse, VERY good, Italian, very good, Mexican same. Service was wonderful at all of the restaurants and even the buffets. Maybe because I do tip continuously because I find these people work SO hard to please alot of people and some there is just no pleasing! ;-) I was extremely impressed with the food overall
Rooms and bathroom and all facilities always being cleaned and taken care of, pools the same although I did not spend much time in the pool.
I have been to many topnotch all inclusives (5* and 5+) and I must say that I was very impressed with the Catalonia - never been to one, but will definitely visit again.
I am back in Canada and freezing and missing the beautiful weather of the Riviera.
I cannot remember all of the staff but there were quite a few that went above and beyond and made every request happen smoothly.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.