Just back from the Cat (Feb 22-March 1) – Will give you a short review. As my title mentions, we chose this resort for the location. Close to Akumal, Yal-Ku, Tulum, Rio Secreto, Playa del Carmen. Resort is not too big, a la carte restaurant were very good, buffet was missing a little variety… but don’t let this upset your vacations. Staff are friendly, polite and always with a smile. We had a very standard room, no fridge but we didn’t care, we were there to sleep and shower. Had problem with the AC and we were quickly given another room. I have never been to a resort that the public washrooms are so clean! The beach at the Cat is rocky, but we were aware of this, it is great if you want to snorkel. Puerto Aventuras is a gated community with shops, restaurants and a nice marina and it is very nice to be able to go for a walk. We traveled all week with the collectivo, it is safe and does not cost much! Went to Akumal to swim with the turtles via collectivo twice during our week and it cost us 100 pesos (back and forth) from the resort. You do not have to take a tour, you will see the same turtles for less $. We also went to Rio Secreto – this is a must, very expensive $100 but worth the $. You are not allowed to take a camera in the cenotes! Even if you brought your underwater camera, pictures would not turn out nice. The photographer that was in the cenotes with us took some great pictures which cost us $50 for the CD & bottle of Xtabentum. The only minus we have is that we were only there for 1 week… will return but for 2 weeks next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico