Stayed here the week of February 21-28th 2013. Beach is rocky and sand is more like crushed up coral than sand. Staff was hit and miss. Bartenders were nice because we tipped them but the servers payed no attention to us because we did not have the "privileged rooms." Unless you were in a privileged room, you were treated like dirt and had to pay for everything - room safe, alarm clock, extra pillows, etc. Our friends we met at the hotel had $350 stolen from their room by the house keepers!! They were on their honeymoon and the hotel did nothing for them to compensate. Resort itself was nice but the buffet food was very average at best. We ate out most of the time because the food was so bad. I will say there was a great selection for vegetarians. The Japanese a la carte was very good as well. I did like the fact the resort was smaller than most resorts Ive been too - didnt have to walk very far to get to the beach, pools or buffets. All in all we made the best of it and had a good trip, but I would not recommend this destination for anything over $900 all in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico