This was our second stay at this resort. Both times we booked at Catolonia Yucatan but our rooms were on the Mayan Riviera side - maybe because we booked the Privilege Plus section- no matter the two are so intertwined, it really doesn't matter.
The rooms, walkways and all areas of this hotel were completely spotless - you can tell there is a lot of work put into the upkeep.
The hotel may be getting a bit old, well, that happens, but if everything is clean and the staff friendly - then it doesn't matter. Pretty much every staff member we passed gave us a greeting and a smile - very nice!
Wifi- I think it is free for everyone in the hotel now - nice feature. Sometimes you have to go to a different place to get a better signal - mine worked perfectly in our room, but hubby had to go to the internet cafe and we have the same phone.
Food - We had breakfast and lunch at the buffets - lots of choices and good service - no complaints at all. Hubby loves the beer here - always icy cold. Also - Tanqueray gin!
We had 5 a la cartes, so we never had supper at the buffet. the Steakhouse was very good - beef filet was delish. Also the Mexican was very good. We enjoyed the tapas as well. We did not try Japanese on this trip. Not too fussy on the Italian, but that's me.
Twice we went to eat in town. It is a quick 10 minute walk to the centre of town. We love the atmosphere and that is why we like to return to this area.
Very very safe - jogging in the morning or walking home at night- it is all good. The town itself is extremely well kept up too with lots of gardens. Really lovely.
Any questions - just ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico