Had to stay here for one night since the Catalonia Royal Tulum Hotel, which we had booked, claimed they were over booked. I managed to get a Junior Suite as part of the compensation and the room was very nice and spacious. It was close to the sea and the restaurants as well. The only problem with the room was some kind of constant noise which was quite irritating during the night.
Only tried the lunch buffet at the pool and the Italian restaurant - neither of them a big experience though but OK.
The hotel has about 700 rooms so the place is pretty crowded. I stayed three nights at Catalonia Royal Tulum Hotel and would recommend this instead as it is less crowded and set more beautifully in the djungle with a superb beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico