The experience at Catalonia was average to me. The resort feels small. It would be much better if the theater was outside. Sections of the beach are rocky but it is great for snorkeling. It is really worth to get out there, the fish and reefs are spectacular. My biggest downturn is the lack of proper kids pools. There is nothing for kids 5 to 8 as the baby section is too shallow and the adult section too deep. My daughter almost drowned there as there is a huge step into the adult pool that is dangerous.This hotel is very safe as it's within a gated community and you are free to take a walk down the street. There are stores with memorabilia, as well as restaurants and even dolphins! Overall I think this resort is great for adults but not so much for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico