“Great Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez km 266.3 | Carretera a Chetumal, Puerto Aventuras 77750, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% discount
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
New Lenox, Illinois
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Palace Deluxe. The hotel is a good 45-60 minute drive from the airport but we wanted to be away from Cancun.We were originally booked at the Colonial but they moved us to the Palace, which was fine by us. We did have to wait an hour for the room (went and ate) but the staff was very courteous and apologetic. I would advise that you have the staff make fresh food for you at the buffett (omelettes, eggs, chicken beef) Some of the food that was prepared in advance was dried out. But I think they have something for everyone; I was surprised that they had staff making smoothies out of fruits/vegetables people had chosen. We were very impressed with the Palace. It's beautiful, clean and we were very comfortable. Yes, it is hot and humid outside and in the open air lobby area. Have good walking shoes/sandals because you will walk abit to the main area for eating, but even the walkway is covered and is beautiful with columns and lights at night.We have young adult sons so we were very happy that there was an adult pool away from the active children's area. It was quiet.and relaxing. and there were never more than 15-20 people in the pool and connecting whirlpool; no problem getting a place to relax around or in the pool. The ocean was close by and the staff keeps the beach clean; there are some rocky areas by the shore you just have to maneuver around but not a big deal. Be sure to make your dinner reservations at the guest services as soon as you arrive. There are guest services by the main lobby and there was one located by our building; I am not sure if each building has one. We also did a day trip with Jungle Maya . We had a great time ziplining across the Mayan jungle and into the cenote, rappeling down into the cenote, snorkeling through the underground caves and then eating a meal in the jungle made by the Mayan people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director General at Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Mrs. Danise.

I appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments, it is a pleasure to know that your holiday with us was amazing.

It is important for us to know your feedback thanks to them makes us constantly improve

Best regards

Barcelo Maya Palace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Polish first
Hampstead, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just returned from a terrific trip to Barcelo Maya Palace. The resort was absolutely spectacular, particularly the beach. We enjoyed our meals, had great service and spent a terrific vacation in Mexico. I would definitely return to this resort.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is computer controlled. We had 2 rooms on the first floor that were very cold (act...
Dear Mr. Jenry.

On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for the time you took to write these comments.

About our facilities, we are honored to know that we could make your stay a memorable moment, and we hope you can be like came back to this hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Family of four (16-19 kids). Local travel agent recommended this location and a few others. After looking at comments we were more confused. We just returned from a week stay at the Barcelona Maya Palace Deluxe. Check in was a breeze....booked two suites with sons in their own. Staff was very helpful. Recommend a few things...first bring cash for tipping bartenders and other staff including those servicing your room. Second, consider renting a car if you are going on an excursion. Cost of rental car for the day is about $80-130 us. Rental office on premises. Almost all tours cost more and they stop at locations for you to shop or eat. We drove to Chichen Itza....2 hour each way instead of the 3 hours plus stops with tour. Driving a breeze....roads marked well. We ate at all the ala carte restaurants and enjoyed them all. Went downtown Playa Del Carmen on day....would not recommend it unless you have thick skin and can ignore all the yells from vendors. We would recommend this location without any issues. BEDS are BRICKS...only real complaint.....don't leave sliding door open or AC turns off.

Dear Mr. Gregg.

I appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments.

Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just returned from our second visit to the Barcelo Maya Palace and it was fantastic (as was our first visit 2 years ago). The rooms are all Junior Suites and are very spacious with lots of closet/drawer storage space. As for the resort, there is something for everyone here - the pool is ENORMOUS and has a huge swim up bar, there is a separate sports pool with organized games of water basketball, water polo, etc. throughout the day, and a small water park for kids 12 and under.. All are right next to each other, making it easy for the parents to be in one place and the kids in another without worrying about losing each other. The beach is gorgeous and the snorkeling right off the beach is amazing - sea turtles, sting rays, tropical fish are all right there. The staff is friendly and always ready to serve you. The food is great, many choices at the buffets and several formal restaurants to choose from for dinner. A short walk along the beach takes you to free water sports - kayaks, etc. It is almost impossible to get bored. We had a blast and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Club Premium Ocean Front Rooms offer direct views of the beach
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Family Travelers.

Thank you for contacting us through our social media.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our family of four (kids 16&17) loved this resort. We have no idea why anyone would write a negative review. Our check-in was quick and our room was clean and VERY spacious. We had the regular room (no upgrade) and could not have been happier! There were 2 double beds and 2 day beds. Great arrangement for our family.

The resort is so clean and the staff is very accommodating. The food was amazing for an all-inclusive. Our favorite places were the Rodizio and Toyko. The sushi was great! The buffets had so much variety and were maintained very well.

We recommend buying fish food at the gift shop (for $1) and take it out to the end of the pier. There are fish everywhere! The water bikes are great fun too.

We did the Swim with the Dolphins program right on-site and it was a good experience.

For those complaining about the WiFi, I can't comment because we don't worry about WiFi on vacation. We leave our phones in the safe and enjoy each other's company vs. dealing with phones/email, etc. I highly recommend it! It's great family time.

We definitely recommend this resort for families of all ages. Thanks Barcelo!

Dear Family Offour.

I have carefully read all your comments and first of all I want to thanks the time you took to write all your good experiences that you and your family lived, it is flattering to know you had a wonderful holiday.

Absolutely we have great facilities where all our guests enjoy a lot of them, like a beach more than a mile long with different areas with soft sand, rocks to snorkel and swim with great fish and turtles, large pools for adults and children with slides, a large variety of restaurants and bars, etc..

It is noteworthy that such comments greatly encourage all staff makes every effort to obtain the satisfaction of all our guests.

Thank you in advance for choosing us and I hope in the near future give us the opportunity to visit us again.

Putnam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I just go back this morning from 7 night vacation to this resort and I had the best time! I have been to Cancun before as well and stayed on a decent resort, but this was so much better.

The ride from Cancun Airport to the resort took awhile (45 min), but it was worth it. Those drivers are crazy though lol.

The wi-fi isn't free! We paid $50 for a whole week and could only be on one device at a time. It needs to be FREE. $50 is outrageous.

Barcelo Maya Palace is HUGE. There are so many things to do and see.

Room: The room was so nice. We stayed in a Junior Deluxe Suite. We did a garden view, but it wasn't bad. We got to see some animals. We didn't sit out of the balcony much. We used it mainly for drying out towels, etc. We did wish we would have been able to get sun that shined on our balcony. The room was huge. Bed area, sitting area, two big closets with shelves and draws. The bathroom was amazing. The shower head was awesome as well.

Beach: The beach is absolutely beautiful. I wish there were more white soft sand. Most of the areas were pretty hard. The rocks were a pain in some areas. I ended up hurting one of my toes by the end of the vacation by hitting a rock that was covered by sand (wasn't in the water). Just watch were you are stepping. There are multiple spots to get into where there aren't any rocks though. The water is so clear I loved it. We seen multiple sea turtles just swimming around near all of us that were in the ocean. We seen baby swordfish and a baby sting ray as well. I think we might have seen a smaller shark as well. It didn't look like anything else but a shark. That was a little scary, but you are in an ocean so of course you are going to see different fish. The snorkeling was awesome too. You were allowed to rent the snorkel gear for a hr every day. They just told us to make sure the equipment was back to them by 3pm. We went once. They offer the equipment from 9am-3pm and you either have to put down a $50 deposit or put down a credit card. You get them back once you are done. We didn't have any issues. We did walk over to the pier to check it out. We didn't get in the water there, but we seen a ton of fish, but be careful because there was a lady who had to get dragged out of the water by about 8 lifeguards. I'm not sure what happened to her.

Pool: The pool water was so warm it wasn't refreshing at all. We didn't spend much time in it since my cousin and I are more of beach goers. On the plus side, the pool was huge so we didn't feel like we were cramped up on the side of everyone else. They played music over at the pool area too; American hip-hop.

Food: I have no complaints on the buffet food. I thought there was so much to chose from and I wasn't eating the same thing day after day. We did go to the steak restaurant, seafood restaurant, and the french restaurant. I thought the steak restaurant was by far the best one. The steaks were amazing! I don't eat seafood, but at the seafood restaurant they did offer some chicken which isn't listed on the menu that you could get as well.

Nightlife: The discotheque was a very fun time. They kind of sucked at making mojitos, but that's okay. The music was good and everyone had a fun time. We did go see one show (international). It wasn't too bad. They just sang songs and danced to different music from around the world. The lobby bar was nice too. They had AC and a lot of people tended to go there at night as well.

Spa: We had the relaxing massages in the U-spa because we figured it would be way too hot outside for a massage near the beach. We had Winny and Iliana and they did a fantastic job. I know I didn't want my massage to end.

Staff: The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The manager, Alejandro, at the restaurants and the buffets knew us after our first night there as the troublemakers and called us that every time he seen us.. It was funny.

Room Tip: We were in the Oaxaca building way in the back room 8922. I would recommend upgrading to the Club Pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director General at Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Brandy.

I have carefully read all your comments and I want to first thank you for the time you took to write all your good you had during your visit.

montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We booked two rooms in the Club Premium. This was 4 women and 4 kids- under 6. Rooms were beautiful. Very clean! We over looked the pool. Nice for the person who got to sit on deck while the little ones napped:) Nice touch at the buffet for the kids.... lower section with food they liked. The water park.... they loved! Wanted to be there and play all day.
Beach is rough on the feet, but still walkable. Feeding the fish at the pier was fun.
Have to say, one of the best resort, I have stayed at.
Thanks Barceló!

Dear Mrs. Friendsun.

Thank you for contacting us through of TripAdvisor.

Barceló Maya Palace

Been to Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!