This was our third visit to Barceló. It has become our favorite spot in Mexico. This resort is comprised of four hotel areas, kind of a good, better, best as you go from west to east. The beach is about a mile long and great for long walks any time of day. A couple suggestions...
1. Make restaurant reservations as soon as you check in, make the reservations for your entire stay. They fill up. The best restaurant, hands down, is the Kyoto. Its in the Tropical or Colonial hotel area, and very tough to get a reservation. Ask to sit at the tables where the Japanese chef prepares the meals right at the table. Excellent food and entertainment!
2. The beds are very firm. Ask the housekeeping staff to put on a pillow top mattress pad to help make the bed softer.
3. Check out the dolphin area. Its new as of November 2013. Our daughter swam with the dolphins and loved it. This was great that it was on the resort, clean, safe, new. Cost was reasonable. Try taking some pictures yourself because the photo packages they try selling you are very expensive.
4. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Get an omelet every morning and be sure to tip the cook!
5. Bring a wad of $1 bills for tips, you will get great service and smiles from the wait staff around the pool.
Overall, we had a fantastic time.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.