We spent a week in March 2014 at the Barcelo Maya Palace. It was our second time in Riviera Maya - In 2012 we stayed at the Iberostar Maya.
The Palace is a great hotel and the staff was really friendly and helpful. I really liked the beach and we almost spent all our times sitting there, which is unusual for us. We liked the fact that it was not crowded and that the palm trees always offered shadow somewhere - a must for me.
The greatest part was definitely the snorkeling right in front of us. We saw lots of fishes, a few stingrays and several sea turtles!
We also visited the other hotel at the Barcelo, mainly the Beach. We found it really nice and are wondering if our next trip would not be there, since it is cheaper.
The only thing we did not like: The mattresses. They were bad, which is a disappointing for a 5 star hotel.
Also, it is about 90 minutes from the airport.
If we go back to Riviera Maya, I would hesitate between the Iberostar & the Barcelo. We preferred the food and activities at the Iberostar, but the beach & snorkeling was way better at the Barcelo.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.