We went to the Palace in May 2012... sorry for the late review :-)
On the good side, it is very clean, staff pleasant and happy to make our stay enjoyable. Food was mostly from good to succulent, Plenty of choices for the restaurants, French was the best!!! Carlo the Manager was sooo nice, Facundo and Filiberto were our waiters both nights we went. We could not have been more pleased with them and the food was amazing!! Seafood was our least favorite, service was extremely slow. Breakfast on the patio at the Hacienda buffet with a breathtaking view of the ocean while enjoying our cappucino was a great way to start the day. Room and resort are impecable.
The resort is huge and we stayed at the end of it, so a very long walk to anywhere but we did not mind.
On the beach, If you walk down to the pier you can go snorkeling and see fish, sea turtles and even stingrays!!!
The adult only pool saved the trip for us, we love kids, but not when you want a relaxing vacation. It was quiet with a bar with a great bartender right by it, it made up for the beach we could not enjoy as much as we would have liked to.
On the not so good side... We LOVE spending our days at the beach but this one was very hard, like 5 mm of sand on top of concrete... water was clean and blue but also plenty of rocks to make it unconfortable, so you always need to wear your flip-flops. It was very disappointing for us but... at least we had the adult pool.
Drinks were... inconsistent.
The bed... oh the bed... so hard!!! After 3 days we were waking up sore... How hard?!? Flinstone style!!!
It is more of a family oriented resort, so do not expect a great night life or parties by the pool too many children around.
In conclusion, we enjoyed our vacations thanks to the staff at the adult pool, the restaurants but we are definitely adult only resort customers. We would recommend this place for family vacations, this is a great place.
Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Barcelo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.