“I wish every dive experience was a good as this.” 5 of 5 stars

+52 877 623 2491
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquanauts Dive Shop is a family run PADI 5 Star Center located on the marina in Puerto Aventuras, about 15 minutes south of Playa del Carmen. We are a small shop providing personal service to our divers, providing long bottom times, allowing you to get the most out of each dive.
“I wish every dive experience was a good as this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I had previously dived with aquanauts on a previous trip in 2002 and had a good experience with them , so having booked a return trip to puerto aventuras I contacted aquanauts in advance via email . Jim responded to my email promptly and informed me that he and his family had taken over the dive shop about seven years ago, he said he would be happy to accommodate the diving I wanted to do, nothing seemed to be to much trouble . on arrival in Mexico I popped into the shop and organised my first dive , everything is nice and laid back with the emphasis on maximising your bottom dive which is great as I have been diving for nearly twenty years and had many a dive cut short by dive centres and come up with loads of air feeling a bit disappointed, none of that with these guys , there were five experienced divers on the boat and we were all able to dive to our own experience level meaning by the end of the dive it was just myself and Mauricio the guide left , eventually completing our dive after 67 minutes , you really get the feeling that you can have a proper dive rather than a guided tour with a preset time limit, for my second dive I booked a cenote dive at chac mool , this is a experience not to be missed and was made all the better due to me being the only person diving that day so I had a private guide tour of the cenote with again Mauricio , he is truly passionate about diving and all things related , on that day I felt like I had had a history, geography and culture lesson !!! I booked a final dive for my last day and after a spell of bad weather found myself to be the only person booked on that day , I feared the diving would be cancelled but Nick ( Jim's son ) said this was not a problem and I went out for another dive with just Mauricio and two boat handlers , another 65 minute dive followed which was a great way to finish my trip to puerto aventuras. I can give these guy's nothing but praise for the service they provided me , as has been said before the locals dive with these guy's and that really say's it at all, they are a friendly family run business and I will definitely dive with them again if I return to puerto aventuras .

Visited August 2013

NJ
9 attraction reviews
“Super Instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I got my Advanced Open Water certificate with Aquanauts. It was great dealing with a small, family owned dive shop. On my dives, I found that all the locals dive with Aquanauts -- that says something. Anyway, my instruction from Nick was excellent. He was flexible with his dates as I arrived in Puerto Aventuras very congested and we thought it was best t cancel my dives for a day. Nick was gracious in rescheduling my dives. His instruction was excellent and he was very patient with me. When the boat went out, the other divers (always a small group) went with Mauricio, the other DM. Nick went with me. I don't think I would have had the personalized instruction with any other shop. I learned so much which greatly improved my buoyancy and my diving experience was much better because of it. I highly recommend Nick and Aquanauts Dive Shop. When I return to PA, I will dive with them. I look forward to diving Mexico's cenotes with Nick next year.

Visited August 2013
“Great Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The people were very nice. The dive was great, not rushed at all. We enjoyed it more than dives we've done with hotel dive shops. We would definitely recommend them.

Visited July 2013
Brookville, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“First Class Operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just finished my rescue diver course with Aquanauts dive shop and just as the other courses I have taken with them, it was handled efficiently and professionally. Mauricio was lead instructor and we spent a full day covering the scenarios and exercises. At the end of the day I was beat, but felt great about what we had accomplished. We reviewed and retested the classroom lessons in the debriefing. I don't know how it could have been done better. One of the high points of diving with this shop and in this location is the short boat trip to the dive locations. This operation takes the work out of diving.

Visited March 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“great dive shop especially for new divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend found this dive shop online before our trip to Mexico (Puerto Adventuras). Myself and another friend had completed our classroom and pool work but needed our 4 open water dives to complete our certification. Prior to the trip I spoke with Jim (owner) on multiple occasions. He answered all of my questions. I was very nervous for the open water dives and the dive masters (Nick and Mauricio) took their time and were very thorough. This made my experience much more enjoyable and I didn't feel rushed. We also had experienced divers along on the boat and they worked with the group so that everybody got the best experience possible. Overall this was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend them. They also made sure we got the best rates possible for the dive and equipment.

Visited December 2012