First I would like to say how much I love Mexico and it's people. It has been a while since I have been to Mexico and all the crazy rumours about unsafety etc. are unfounded and unfair. Mexico is amazing.
The resort is most impressive. It is very large which is good because the food is amazing and one needs lots of walking to counteract the calories. The beach is awesome and my sisters and I with whom I travelled spent many hours floating with the rolling waves and warm waters. There are spots along the long beach with coral but many white sandy spots and the ocean is east to get into.
The food at the resort is endless and delicious. I can honestly say as an extensive traveller that the food in Mexico is outstanding compared to other high end resorts in the islands. There is something for everyone and it is impossible to be hungry. Also, there is not a problem with the water as they supply ample bottled water at the dining tables and in your room. Service at the resort was excellent in every way - check in counter, room service, pool side, beach grills etc. Everything is on sensors at the resort so be prepared for lights to go out when you are in your room or in the lobby bathrooms if there is no movement. Quite the shock if you are alone.
Barcelo is a well oiled machine as is West Jet Vacations. All are equally highly efficient and professional and I give them full marks.
The grounds around the entire resort are beautifully lush and kept very pristine.
The Palace next door looked amazing but they didn't offer the same usage perks to all guests who were in the Club Premium Junior Suites. Too bad as we only got as far as the main lobby and surrounding halls in the Palace. I must say however, The Palace is magnificentlly luxurious and sophisticated and it warrants being an Adult Only hotel.
Would highly recommend the Cozumel excursion as it was very interesting with excellent snorkelling and we ate some of the best home made Mexican food.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.