I believe this is a good 41/2* resort! It is a large one but everything is close and not far away.
It has many positives like:
-excellent staff, we did encounter one problem but the manager and staff went over and above to correct it, bravo!!
-the pools are nice and clean with the white sand beach very close by with good snorkeling. Plus did not have to get up early to reserve chairs!
-the rooms nice size and clean with lots of hot water and water pressure.
- the food at the buffet good and a good selection, ala cartes ok nothing special, drinks good but no top self without extra cost.
- attractive grounds, lobby and so forth
- entertainment was actually some of best I've seen at a resort
Was surprised there was no Spanish coffee's to be had ?? and crepes with flambé fruits would have been a nice touch.
Oh yah, we did encounter a large group of high school March breakers who were loud at times but quite entertaining and very polite. Like I said earlier the resort is so large that if you did not care for this, it is so easy to move down to another area and pool. This is a big plus as we had so many choices to eat and relax and it never felt overcrowded.
Over all a nice vacation and I would defiantly recommend the Tropical and would visit again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico