We stayed at the Trop from Oct 19-26. This was out 4th trip to the Barcelo complex. Twice to the Palace and once to the Maya Beach. When we finally arrived at 4:00 p.m. on the 19th, we were told we were NOT on the Trop list nor were we on the Colonial list but had got upgraded to the Palace. That was sweet since we were repeat customers and a pleasant surprise.So..put the luggage on the shuttle and off to the Palace we went. Stood in line over 1/2 hour. The girl said we were on the list BUT we were cancelled for the upgrade. I asked why and apparently an issue with the reservation dept in the back. No other info was given so back to the Trop we went. After another 1/2 hour wait, the manager gave us a Club Premium upgrade so we could use the Palace facilities. The room was not upgraded not could we eat at the Palace restaurants. As mentioned previously, there were 3 large conventions that week so it was busy. We met a couple fron Oklahoma who had 10 in their party that DID get upgraded to the Palace..grrr. Other than that, it was a nice, relaxing week. Drink & food were great.I did send an email to Barcelo corporate nearly 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a response. I'm not asking for the world, just an answer..we'll see...
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.