My family and I (ages 36 to 63) just got back from a fabulous vacation at this resort. We abosolutely love Mexico, we found the people very friendly and felt very safe. This is my 5th time in Mexico and the 3rd time at the Barcelo's and how anyone can put down the food at this resort is beyond me. There is something for everyone and the selection of great quality fruits, deserts and food is amazing. I've been in other 5star resorts and didn't find half as much there. The only complaint is the quality of wines, it's not very good but everything else is great especially the smoothy bar in the morning. The resort is made up of 5 sections, the Tropical and the Colonial section has the better beach if you like to swim in the ocean but the pools are amazing in all of the resorts. There are great shops in the resort and there is a market area close by with vendors and shops so you will not be bothered by vendors on the beach. The rooms are a good size but the beds are a bit hard and if you want a more quite area the Veracruz section of the Tropical is better. If you want to upgrade to the premium section do it at the front desk for a better cost (negotiate with them), not through the travel agent. It's worth it, you get bigger rooms, turn down service, more towels, premium drinks and discounts on excursions and shops and more. We did two tours (the Coba and Sea Passion Catamaran and we booked it through the hotel not the tour reps, the prices were better. Don't forget that no matter where you go when you travel you need to be very careful of your belongings and your safety, lock up your documents, your money and any electronics. The resort is full of many people from all over the world so be wise (don't drink too much, you don't want to get sick or get hurt) and you will have an amazing vacation like my family and I had and don't sweat the small stuff you're on vacation. Can't wait to go back!!
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.