The beach is wonderful, and if you are looking for that, you should be happy enough.the room is good and well-kept, the swimming pools are beautiful. However, some things must be considered:
1. unlike most resorts, you can´t have nice dinners every night. for five nights in the hotel, we could eat in nice restaurants only TWO nights. that means that in the other nights we had to suffer through the buffet serving that same boring food all the time. We went to the japanese restaurant and the steak house and the food was very food.
2. cold water is a luxury. the mini bar in the room did not make drinks cold, only cool at best. I talked to other guests and they had the same complaint. in the pool bar, the water was given to you basically at room temperature. and considering that it was very hot, you can imagine how pleasant it was.
3. bars were understaffed. if you wanted to get a drink, you would not be waiting for less than 10 minutes. and drinks were barely drinkable. everything was pretty watery and boring. also, getting a smile from one of the bartenders would be a prize!!!
4. service in general is not very good, Im afraid.
5. the resort is huge so I imagine that would tire people with small kids (not our case)
6. the resort is far from evrything. for us, that was not a problem, as we had rented a car, but if you plan not to, you might spend all your vacations stuck inside the resort.
7 last but not least: 14 DOLLARS A DAY FOR INTERNET. what a joke!!!!!
all in all, I would say, if you get great rates, go for it. we paid about 200 dollars a night and thought it was just about the right price for what we got. if you have to pay more than that, look for a better option.