we just stayed at this resort-july 2014. we were booked in the barcelo maya tropical and they moved us to the barcelo maya colonial. we asked the front desk why and he said they are exactly the same sister resort. the beach and resort itself was nice and clean. the room we stayed in was clean but the sink was clogged and leaked all over the floor for the entire time. the beds were hard. out of the ten the restaurants and buffet were about a seven. most of the staff were unfriendly. the beach, ocean and grounds very tropical and beautiful , pools clean, snorkelling average. they also have a doctor on call 24 hours, which was a plus for the resort just in case of an emergency. my kid ended up consulting with the doctor and he had a TERRIBLE bedside manner-didn't seem like he enjoyed his profession at all.
I think I would come back to the caribbean side and try another hotel. also some of the staff at the front desk were rude
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico