Overall we really enjoyed the resort. There were a couple of things that could be improved but we would return. We have also been to the RIU Palace in PDC and Valentin Imperial Maya.
- Nice pool area, plenty of space for everyone
- Beach is nice, it is a little rocky in spots and in the water the rocks catch you off guard
- Service is overall very good
- Rooms were decent, I didn't have issues with the musty smell or the beds. We were on the 2nd floor.
- I loved all the little hotel bar areas, good places to sit and hangout before dinner/after pool time
- Nice that they always had food somewhere. We were with our 20 mo. old daughter and it is important we are never without food.
- Buffets were decent, didn't love the food, but it was okay
- I booked a room at the Colonial and when we arrived we were told they were full so we were moved to Tropical. I was not happy about this at all. I was told it was the same, but I don't like booking one thing and getting another. Also, I don't know for myself it is the same, I have to take their word.
Front desk service as others have mentioned is terrible. There is always a line and it takes forever. When we went to check in they went through telling us about the upgrade then when we said yes they didn't have any rooms available. They also didn't accommodate our early check in request, with a 20 mo, we needed to get in early for nap time. Finally when we did get in there was no crib. Every time we passed through the lobby the line took forever. My husband went to get a new key since ours didn't work and they made him wait in a 4 person long line to get a new one.
- The resort is big as others mentioned, I just didn't feel the level of service is there like other hotels because of the amount of people there.
- I didn't like that lunch didn't start until 12:30pm, that seems late to me, especially with a little one. The grills had food early which saved us. Also dinner didn't start until 6:30, which was also a tad late for us with the little one who goes to bed early.
Overall, very nice resort, beautiful grounds, pool and beach. Loved the kids play area!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico