“Absolutely loved it!!! It was our "Dreams" beach vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Denver, Colorado
“Absolutely loved it!!! It was our "Dreams" beach vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We so thoroughly loved this hotel and had a great vacation. It was my boyfriend and I, who are in our 40's with no children, and we were looking for a quiet, relaxing and romantic vacation and absolutely found it at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

HOTEL: Yes, the hotel and the town of Puerto Aventuras are small but that was exactly what we were looking for. We were not looking for night clubs or a party scene. We loved that the resort was not huge and it only took a day to acclimate to where everything was. It also felt secure in that you have to go through security to get into the town and there is a second security point at the entrance to the hotel.

I think because of the time of year we went, September 6-11, the hotel was not crowded nor was the beach. We had no problem getting the "perfect" spot on the beach every single day.

Although this is a family-friendly resort, we hardly ever saw any kids. In fact, one day the Explorer Club (this is where the parentscan drop their kids off for the entire day and evening) took the kids to the pool and my comment was "where did they all come from?" You just didn't know there were kids around and they certainly weren't bothersome in such small numbers. Not once were there any kids by us on the beach (see below).

The staff works very hard at keeping the resort clean.

ROOM: We had room 150 which was "gardenview." At first, before even seeing the room, I was worried...did gardenview mean "basement". When we got to our room, it was beautiful. We had a tile patio that went out into a small "yard" and then onto the pool and the ocean.

I, too, had read all the reviews about the shower and water on the floor. The shower was very large and had a rain showerhead. We tilted the showerhead towards the wall a bit only because of the reviews we had read. We had no problem with water on the floor. The bathroom sink/countertop was large, had two sinks and, as a woman, had no problem with the amount of space. The also give you full size shampoo, shower gel and lotion which, if you aren't picky, is nice and sufficient for a weeks' vacation.

The bed was so comfortable and I loved that we had a sofa and table also. I thought the decor of the room had a modern, Mexican feel.

I also read about the "musty" smell of the hotel and rooms. To us, that smell means you are in the tropics. We actually like it because it says "you're at the beach!" This is no different than the smells you encounter in the hotels down in Miami, Florida or the like.

The one complaint I had is that each room has a coffee maker but it was never stocked with coffee. I didn't ask about this but simply accepted it. Weird though that it wouldn't just be provided.

RESTAURANTS: We ate at all the restaurants except the sushi place as it was not opened during the time we were there. You get coupons for bottles of wine but we never used them as the "house" white wine was delicious - crisp and refreshing. The "house" red was not as good but palatable. We decided that if we were to get red wine again, we would buy a bottle.

Seaside Grill: We ate dinner twice there as well as lunch twice and "delivery" from the Grill to the beach. The escargot and french onion soup were delicious as well as the NY steaks. They are served with bernaise and while I think the steaks in Mexico always taste a bit "different" than America, it was still very good. Loved the club sandwiches.

The buffet: We ate breakfast every day at the buffet and thought the food was great. How can you go wrong with a mimosa and bloody mary bar? :) They had lox and bagels and a made-to-order omelet station. The fresh papaya was out of this world. The service was excellent and by the third day, we were recognized by the staff.

My only suggestions would be that the chairs could use a cleaning and it doesn't open until 7 a.m. for breakfast which feels kind of late. That said, they do offer 24 hour room service and one day I ordered just a pot of coffee - it arrived within 15 minutes.

Oceana: The ceviche was yummy. The coconut shrimp with mango relish with the best I've ever had! The mahi mahi had good flavor and presentation.

Portofino: Nice restaurant. I had a seafood pasta that was delicious.

THE BEACH: Yes, the beach is small but it is lovely and they keep it very clean. We felt like we went at a great time (September) as the hotel and beach were not crowded at all. We found our spot at the far end of the resort by the Barracuda Bar and stayed there the entire trip. It was quiet with only adults but certainly they do not prohibit kids in this area (but don't think this is an "adult" area; the other guests were mature, quiet and they do not allow "European"-style bathing). The other thing we loved is that this is where the natural pool was. It was stunning scenery and the natural pool was great to snorkel in and float. We even talked to another guest who saw an eel and an octopus in there! There are a couple big rocks next to the natural pool and there are several iguanas that call this home. Let's just say at least one of them is very friendly! I was "held hostage" by an iguana for the better part of an afternoon. It appears he just wanted to say "hi" and sit on my beach chair!!! :)

The service is also wonderful; very attentive and you can even get lunch brought to you.

We took a sea kayak out and snorkeled a few times. You really don't need water shoes for most of the beach and ocean but there are some reefs out in the lagoon. Unbeknowst to us, until we snorkeled, there are a ton of spiny sea urchins right out there. For that alone, I would highly recommend wearing water socks when you go in the ocean.

The beach is not big but you can walk the beach in that there is another hotel next door and a public beach next to that. There are some cool natural pools to be seen. It was a nice walk. I like that the snorkel area is in a lagoon as the ocean is a bit rough across the reef and rocks.

DOLPHINS: Within a 10 minute walk is the town and there is a dolphin and manatee exhibit there where people can swim with the dolphins. If anyone has seen the documentary "The Cove", you know how they get these wonderful animals and it is not pretty. I felt this exhibit was very sad and the animals did not have much space nor very clean tanks. I would not recommend supporting this at all.

OVERALL: We so enjoyed our trip, the hotel and all that went with it. After six days of vacation, I was not at all ready to go home. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples and families. It may not be the Ritz Carlton but it was excellent for the value. While I cannot wait to go back, we are excited to visit other Dreams hotels in Mexico!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Niles, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

My husband & I took our 2nd trip this year to the Riviera Maya - this was our first time staying at Dreams PA. We read all of the reviews of this resort prior to our trip so we had a pretty good idea of what to expect. We used Apple Vacations and took the non-stop USA3000 from Pit to Cun. Great flight - no problems. Apple had as part of our package the non-stop transfers from the airport to the resort - this probably saved us at least 30 min, so it took about an hour to hour and 10 min to reach Dreams.

We celebrated our anniversary and were told to bring our marriage license in order to get the anniversary package at the resort. This basically entitled us to a fruit tray, bottle of champaigne, and a really nice gourmet breakfast in our room. Our room category was run of the house deluxe. Since the resort was less than 50% capacity we thought we had a pretty good chance at getting a free upgrade to an ocean view room, but that didn't happen. They told us we were upgraded to a marina view room on the 4th floor. Actually, it was fine - the room is beautiful either way. We would've loved the ocean view and we could've paid for the upgrade but it would've cost an additional $200 and we just didn't think it was worth it to us.

The rooms are very nice. My one complaint is that the lighting isn't too good. We kept lookking for more lights to turn on but there just weren't enough - no light in the closet or near enough to it. There's a vanity table with a large mirror but the light is a decorative ball that's only about 12" off the table. The beds are comfy - probably one of the better beds we've slept in a hotel - especially in Mexico were they are generally harder than what we're used to. Not crazy about the pillows but it wasn't a big deal. The SHOWER ISSUE: so much was written about this - we just couldn't wait to see these showers, but honestly, we couldn't figure out what people were talking about. I agree with the one reviewer awhile ago who said her family tried to see just what you'd have to do to get water on the bathroom floor and they just couldn't figure out what people must be doing in the shower! It's true! The shower is so large and long that even though it only has a partial door, it's more than enough to contain all of the water in the shower. We never had so much as a small puddle of water on the floor - actually not a drop. So - we don't know what that's about. Also, the air conditioning works really well - something that's a problem in some Mexican resort hotels. We didn't notice any wierd smells or mildew that some people report smelling.

The room staff did a great job keeping the room neat and clean for us all week. We only had one night though where a towel animal was made for us. The fridge was stocked with bottled water, sodas, and beer. We stayed at the Riu PDC in March and there was a full bar in the rooms there, complete with full fifths of liquor and set-ups but there's alcohol anywhere you go at Dreams so we didn't miss all of that in our room. Oh, one other thing that was strange was the room "key" card - it didn't seem to work well all of the time. Don't know if it was the door sticking or the lock but it's not you if you have the same problem.

The Pools: We never did go into the adult pool but we did make it out there to check it out and most of the time it looked pretty clean - along with the hot tub back there. There were a couple of times though when I noticed more debris floating in there than should've been. We noticed this in the early morning so maybe it was just before they cleaned it.

The family pool and spa was nice and most of the time the pool was pretty clean. I have to say though that the large hot tub at times had bird feathers, etc. that really should've been cleaned more often. It is under a cluster of trees where a lot of birds gather so I'm sure that's the problem, but all the more reason for employees to be sweeping it more often, along with the pool. It didn't look like the water itself was dirty but just some debris floating - still it's a turn off. Most of the times it was fine, but a couple times during our stay it needed more attention.

The BEACH: it is a smaller beach but it's lovely, and perfect because it's protected by some of the really rough waves and dangerous undertoe this stretch of Mexican coastline is known for. What makes it really unique though is the fact that you can snorkel whenever you want right off the beach because of the reef there. There are so many fish it's very neat and something you'd normally have to pay to see on an excursion. There is also a natural tide pool to the right of the Baracuda Bar (which we just loved). Most of the fish in there were smaller but still a neat little protected area to snorkel.

I read where some people who loved to take those endless walks on the beach were disappointed with this one, but we walked the beach from our resort to the Catalonia next to it, and the beach continues on past that. You do have to go up a couple steps and walk a boardwalk to continue walking the beach but it doesn't just end there.

There seemed to be plenty of beach seating and shade areas too. We usually started our day in one area and moved to different seats in the PM and didn't have any problems finding seats.

We didn't need water shoes either. Unless you plan on walking over the reef and on the rocks, you won't need them either.

The bar service on the beach is fantastic and something you don't find at most resorts. The wait staff here is wonderful! They'll bring you whatever you want - even lunch. We loved Claudia - she was the best!.

At a lot of All-Inclusive resorts we've been to the entertainment teams are really visable. They work in groups and really try to get people to join in the fun and games. At first I was a little disappointed that this wasn't so much the case at Dreams. Yeh, they're there, but so that you'd notice unless you were looking for them. As the week progressed though I thought maybe this was more of a good thing than bad. We were there to relax and enjoy the beauty of the place - we didn't want to be pushed to do this or that. So, it worked for us.

DINING: All in all, we found the food to be very good to excellent at times, although my husband felt that there could've been more of a selection and variety in most restaurants and at the buffet. We ate breakfast every morning at the buffet, and usually ate outside in their dining area. The weather was outstanding the week we were there - no sense in eating inside (we'll be doing that for the next 4 months here in OH). The made-to-order omlettes, eggs, etc. were great. They also had a waffle and crepe bar so you could order those up and have the toppings of your choice. In addition to that they have all the fruit you can think of along with many other breakfast items, meats, juices, rolls, etc.

Lunch - normally we ate at the Seaside Grill or at the buffet for lunch. We loved the seafood ceviche salads and most of the other items on the menus at both places.

Portofino - loved the filet and everything else we had here. It's beautiful inside but we loved eating on the terrace, and the service was great too.

Oceana - had the coconut shrimp and crab cakes, husband had the mahi mahi. All of it was good but the crab cakes had too much "cake" and not enough crab.

El Patio - loved it here, and they wished us a happy anniversary as soon as we entered the restaurant (they must've had this info from the front desk). And they surprised us with a special appetizer and anniversary cake, along with some singing. It was very sweet and the food was great.

Seaside Grill - great food, steaks, etc. here

And don't forget the coconut ice cream - probably the best I've ever had.

Bar Service: great - you can get just about anything you want & whenever you want it. We took along our own insulated mugs but really the drinks they serve are in normal size glasses - not the Dixie cups you find in some resorts so it's not necessary to bring your own mugs. And they have a variety of top shelf liquor too. We had Bailey's after most dinners. We went to Tulum and heard about the Mayan liquor - went back to Dreams and ordered it several times. We loved the Baracuda Bar at night - so beautiful to have a drink at the beach and look at the stars. Gorgeous!

Entertainment: This resort is pretty laid back, but we love how they take advantage of the beach during the day and night. In most resorts we've visited, the beach is the hub of activity during the day, but at night - not so much. That's not the case at Dreams PA - every night there's either a movie or football game, talent show - fire/water show - something is going on - on the beach. And we LOVED that! What a treat to be out there under the stars, listening to the waves, and being entertained at the same time. It's definitely something we'll compare future resorts to.

I've read too about the bugs and mosquitos being a problem at Dreams. I brought the repellent wipes just in case - we never opened one packet. We had no problems at all with this, but it's good to be prepared to I'd bring them just in case.

Kids running amuck? Well, for most of our stay we didn't see too many kids. Lots of adults - lots of weddings there. Toward the end of the stay there were several families - most with smaller children, and most very well-behaved, with parents who really watched their kids. But I have to say that if there is a problem where some kids are concerned, the biggest problem is the parents - not the kids. We love children and don't mind it when they're having a great time - noise and all. We do have a problem with parents whose need for privacy or a good time exceed the instinct to guard and protect their kids.

For instance, on 2 separate occasions we witnessed two beautiful little blonde girls - the oldest was probably 6 and the youngest no older than 3.......the parents allow these 2 girls to leave El Patio to walk up a dark stairway - alone! to go to the bathroom!! Alone! Hello, doesn't anyone watch tv or read the papers these days? Madeline McCann sound familiar!? These same parents - 2 nights later eating at the Seaside Grill - the same 2 little girls leave the restaurant, take the dark walkway from the restaurant along the sand to the bathroom next to the beach rental hut - alone! The parents had their backs to the walkway - they weren't even watching. Another couple with 3 young children, the same night at the Seaside Grill - allow all the 3 kids, the youngest no older than 3, the oldest no more than 8 - leave the restaurant and go to watch the movie on the beach. Parents? Having a nice, romantic dinner alone - without their kids! The 3 year old wandered back over to their table a little later - without his older siblings. A little later on, we ran into the kids who were grabbing all kinds of souvieners on the market tables not within sight of the restaurant - while their parents were still at the Seaside Grill. It's really sad in this day and age - with so many child abductions, etc. going on - we still have so many selfish and clueless parents out there. So, I guess if we saw this going on during the low season with less than 50% capacity, there would be much more of it during the high season.

Parents - if you need a romantic getaway - leave your kids home with someone responsible - for God's sake, stop putting them at risk!

We took the day trip to Tulum - our 2nd time there. We booked this through the Apple agent at the resort and it was a great tour with a great guide.

We did use the business center once - it's expensive and other resorts we've stayed in have free WiFi these days so Dreams should consider this.

The SPA: you know, they give you what they say is $200 worth of coupons for the resort, but honestly we never used one of them. I thought they'd come in handy for the spa - something we always enjoy on vacation, but these prices are so unrealistic and so unusually high for a Mx resort they we never did use their spa - not even once. And they have a beautiufl ocean-side deck with the tables, etc. - the entire week we were there, we only saw it used once! So, yeh, those prices need to be reconsidered......

All in all, we had a great time on our trip. We did not get sick at all but we are always careful in Mexico not to drink tap water - even when they say it's ok. We don't eat anything at the food stands outside the resorts either. We both actually got deathly sick at a 6* resort in Maui, and also in Europe - but never have gotten sick anywhere in Mexico. We felt very safe in this resort and even walked into Puerto Aventuras to do some shopping and watch the dolphins without a problem. The shopping in this area isn't the greatest - prices aren't too cheap. We actually got some good deals at the markets in Tulum and of all places, the Cancun airport!

We said that our trip to Dreams was almost perfect. I don't know that we've ever been anywhere that's been perfect in every way, but we don't ever expect that either. We've been all over the world and we go with our eyes open, knowing that things aren't going to be perfect. They're not perfect at home ;-) But the Mexican people, at least most of them, are so very friendly and accomodating - which is why we keep going back. Even with all of the bad press Mexico is getting lately, we still enjoy our trips there. And where in the world can you find the sea that is that gorgeous turqoise color, where the culture is any richer, etc. Go with reasonable expectations and have a great time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

For the money spent, we think this place was the best! A week of All Inclusive from Dallas for only $1700 via Orbitz was not bad!! It's about an hour-and-a-half shuttle ride south of Cancun Airport (between Playa Del Carmen and Tulum).

Most importantly, the food at this resort is fantastic. I don't drink, so food is important, and we were never disappointed in the food selection. With a nice "buffet", and three extra restaurants (plus a sushi bar 3 nights a week), the food selection was plentiful. The buffet is open for full breakfast, three places to eat for lunch, and at dinner, there is always the buffet and two specialty restaurants open (they alternate). They must have hired some good chefs, because the food at the al-a-carte places was excellent. Men, pack a pair or two of long pants, because two of the nice restaurants require it, but it’s that nice and it’s worth dressing up a bit. Juan and Xiomara in the buffet were so friendly and anxious to please at breakfast and lunch. Juan and Xiomara were extra special, but everyone really seemed to want to make our stay perfect.

Positives (and there are a lot): no A/I bracelets required, no towel cards needed, no reservations needed for "specialty" restaurants, which alternate being open. Food is great. 24 hr Room Service is very nice, as well. You can walk three blocks to a “Swim with the Dolphins” place. We watched several shows and there are shops there too.

The activities are good. Nightly shows are something to do after dinner, and the Elvis show is the best (Wed). Fire and Ice show on the beach (Tues night) is also a must-see. You get 1 hour of snorkel gear use per day, 1 hour of Kayak / day, and a free 20 minute ride on the Hobi Cat (if there’s enough wind). Omar took us out on the Hobi Cat and it was a must-do. While on the kayak, we saw a sea turtle swimming below us!! A few nights a week, vendors come to the property and set up their wares around the pool, but the prices didn’t seem too good. I was told that it is a $16 cab ride to Playa Del Carmen (each way), so we didn’t go. Same type shops are at the Dolphin area. The hotel does have a daily shuttle to Cancun to the shopping mall, but we didn’t take a vacation to shop. They set up a big movie screen on the beach and play movies and Monday Night Football (with popcorn, nachos, canned beer/cokes). We had two live bands play too (One that accompanies Karaoke, and another called “El Piel” that was auditioning (Great showmanship and Mick Jagger impression). I hope Dreams hires them. They have daily activities/restaurant schedules at the Concierge desk or at the front desk in the lobby.

Negative: The beach. There IS ample beach to get wet and swim, dig your toes in the sand, and good fish to see snorkeling, BUT if you like to walk up and down beach for a ways, this is not possible at this resort. Impassible coral reefs are on either side of the resort. It appears in some spots that their sand may have been washed away during a past hurricane. They would do well to haul in a dump truck or two of sand near the Beach Volleyball area and BARracuda bar, although I didn’t get hurt playing beach volleyball. Also, Orbitz and the resort made a big deal out of giving us $200 worth of coupons to use there, but unless you wanted to spend a bunch more money on expensive wine or body massages in the Spa, they were worthless.

We went for our 5th Wedding Anniversary and they brought a bottle of champagne and put an “Anniversary” banner on our door that day. There was a wedding there each day for the first 5 days!! During Sept/ Oct, they are slow so not too many kids or drunk 20-somethings around. Easy access to beach chairs under a palapa. Waitstaff on the beach would keep the drinks coming. Fabian (accent on the last syllable) was excellent and was anxious to improve on his English. Another mentioned that they have English classes for the employees every morning. We never had any trouble communicating with anyone. I heard Bingo playing at the main pool, and we did water aerobic classes one day, but we usually sat at the beach, read, swam, snorkeled (Don’t forget to go into the natural pool; there’s the most sea life to see on the walls of it.) 9am-5pm at the beach, and it’s time to shower up for 6:30 dinner.

Our room was fantastic and we did NOT pay for an upgrade! #148, ground floor facing the pool/ beach. It smelled of mold (I hate when people write that… You’re in the tropics!) but this was worse than normal. They offered to let us change rooms to one facing the marina, but we didn’t care for the view since there was a palm tree right off the balcony. We chose to keep our original room, but when we came back that afternoon, the smell was gone!! I had suggested that they use some “Fabreze” or change out the A/C filter. I don’t know what they did, but the same room smelled as clean as a whistle for the rest of the week. Nice Beds, slept great.

The whole staff at the resort was hoping to please us. They really do want to make your stay a good one and they succeeded!!

Unity, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Went for our honeymoon and got a great deal with air miles, hard to not get your money's worth. This was my fourth trip to the Mayan and have stayed at Iberostar Lindo and the Viva Wyndham Maya - both of these have great beaches and swimming compared to hotels near them but found the Dreams to be the best. It is on a small little cove that helps keep the waves very calm - no rough waves. The sand is very clean and a wide beach. There isn't much for pools but I prefer the sand and ocean. The hotel next door has more waves so we would walk over there to swim to mix it up. The snorkeling is pretty good right off the Dreams' beach - I've never been able to snorkel at the other hotels, way too rough of waves. The rooms were really clean and nice - our hot water in our shower was pretty cool but it was so hot when we were there it was refreshing and we actually never even mentioned it to the hotel, so this isn't really a complaint. We used the room service often and they were always fast and friendly, all the staff was. We didn't do any tours, too hot, but the hotel is in a great location for many excursions. We did walk into the marketplace inside Peurto Aventuras, its ok - the shopping all starts to look the same, but they did have dolphins in the water to look at. Liked the food, liked that there was no reservations for a la carte, only faced 1 long wait all week.
I'll end by saying we are very laid back travelers, the hotel was very nice - not much for grounds to explore but in July it is too hot to walk around, stick to the beach. Were looking for a relaxing hot holiday and found it at the Dreams. Not sure if anything blew us away but everything was really good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We just returned last night from this resort, and we had a great time! We (fam of 5)travelled with another couple with 3 children too, and a second couple with 2 children, and I can safely speak on all our behalf that we really had a great experience at this hotel.

Our children, ages ranging from 18months- 11 year old, all enjoyed the pool, the Explorer's Club, the beach, the activities, the shows and even the swim up bar!!! They have learned the art of ordering "non alcolic" beverages : ) The resort was very safe, and we as parents did not feel as if they needed to be watched 24/7...we could eat lunch and they could easily sit by the pool or walk to the beach to pick seashells, and because the resort wasn't so big, they could easily be found. We saw this same comfort with other parents we met there. Security- no issues...we had a poolside family garden room and we always left our porch door open- no worries.

The staff (Joel), concierge desk (Jennifer, Jackie, Lindsay, Elvira). poolside waiter (Carlos),bartenders, spa staff (Ishmael), restaurant staff- where do we stop---ALL very friendly, courteous, patient (with 8 kids in tow!), and helpful...they even worked together to track down a forgotten photo at Xel-ha!!!

My husband and his friends, enjoyed the golf...only comment would be to update website- it said "free" and even the small print didn't show the hidden costs!

Me and my girlfriends would recommend taking advantage of the spa (wow- massages on the beach), hydrotherapy, free room service for the kids when getting ready for dinner, Explorer Club. and DVD players in the room- a great way to keep kids quiet while in the room : )

The market stalls came one night to the hotel- nice touch. Def. check out the spray painter Artist- amazing! Resort is on the marina, so walking distance to Dolphin cove. Souvenirs can be found in the marina stores, or at market night, however, we actually found some great souvenirs at reasonable prices right at the airport!

All the restaurants and buffet- yum! No complaints. Will accommodate portions and meals to children's tastes.

Rooms did get musty, but we are on the beach...so what to expect...The hotel housekeeping came by and placed a dehumidifier in the room for a few hours to eliminate the smell...so no big deal.

That's it. We would do another Dreams Resort again.

PS. Xelha- nice ...but note lazy river long and difficult with kids under 8...however snorkelling a great experience for all.
Tulum: very hot and difficult with small kids...gorgeous beach, and if we had the energy, I'm sure the ruins are phenominal....but it was too hot, and kids were complaining about the heat

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

One hour souh of Cancun and mainly catering to (middle class) americans. The hotel is a 6 story high concrete building, not very attractive from the outside. Rooms are of a decent (standard) size and have a balcony facing the marina or the sea. The seaview comes with all the noise from the people screaming in the pools and the loud music from the poolbar and other activities that take place at night. The hotel lies on a little bay, neighbouring some other resorts. Service and food (6 restaurants) could be better for the price being paid. Mainly standard american food with some mexican dishes You are expected to speak at least english here since some personnel even doesnt speak spanish.

Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

One hour after the maid / hotel staff went into my room to clean, my credit cards were stolen and were charged for closed to $4,000 at Playa del Carmen stores. They went thru our luggages and purse and took all the cash and credit cards. Security director promised investigation and result in 72 hours and it has been over 1 month and no words from them.
Be very careful with your valuables, money and credit cards. There is a small safe in each room, but since it is an insider job, it is uncomfortable to know they have access to your safe also.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
#8 of 200 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 stars 11,564 reviews
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!