“Good yet could've been better...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good yet could've been better...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

We stayed at the resort to celebrate our birthdays. The room was perfect, loved the spacious bathroom, dual sinks and the shower! I've always wanted to incorporate a shower with a door or shower curtain at home so this definitely gave me some great ideas. We enjoyed the size of the resort, not too big, was able to walk and literally see where everything was while standing in the center of the resort. The resort itself is nestled in the midst of a mini town including condo rentals/for sale, a mini shopping center, restaurants, etc. The staff was extremely helpful in coordinating our own adventure outside of the resort, with planning a surprise private dinner on the beach, decorating our room for our birthdays, maintaining the cleanliness of our room and with information about the surrounding area.
What could've been better....the Mexican restaurant. We both felt it could've been more authentic. The Seaside Grill had more Mexican options than the actual "El Patio" restaurant. The food at the "World Cafe" was good for breakfast, we didn't get a chance to eat lunch or dinner there because we were either eating at their other restaurants or ordering room service. Come to find out we had a much better breakfast delivered to our room on the last day which we should've tried from the beginning! The sushi restaurant "Goshan" was also just ok. I partially blame the slight language barrier with the waiters not knowing if something was raw or cooked. The private dinner on the beach was very good, yet don't think it should've cost as much as it did. Oh, and if you plan to request decorations in the room, they will ask for an additional fee which is not worth the birthday card announcement, banner on the door and 8 small balloons. We received a birthday banner on the door during the first day, for free. Speaking to the concierge I was told that if I purchased a birthday cake then the room decorations would be included. The snorkel equipment can only be rented for ONE HOUR PER DAY, if you want more time, either pay an additional fee or bring your own gear. I found the dive class/certification to be reasonably priced considering you are learning to dive in 2-3 days and able to get Open Water Certification.
The pool was lovely, especially the adult only section on another side of the resort. The spa was heavenly! We were able to enjoy a couples massage thanks to a long visit to another resort that tried to sell us vacation packages starting at $50,000!! We sacrificed 1/2 day to visit Dreams Tullum, which did include a very good breakfast at their resort to receive "money" that could be used at our resorts' spa.
Overall the trip was a great way to celebrate our birthdays, would most likely visit other Dreams resorts in Mexico and other parts of the Caribbean.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I usually don't write the reviews but since it was such a disappointing experience, I want to prevent others from going to that place. We were invited to attend the wedding so didn't bother to do the research or at least read the reviews before going there.
The resort is very small and old, the decor and furnishings at this hotel are outdated. Our room had a door lock issue, we also had a phone that did not work and a safe that needed repairs. The beach is tiny and water not deep enough.
The Food/Restaurants also big disappointment. The food options were extremely limited. Except for Portofino restaurant food quality overall was below average. There was no AC at buffet and Mexican restaurant so it was very hot in there.
Entertainment was the worst of any all-inclusive we have been to, but the entertainment staff was very friendly.
The only Pro for this resort was the staff. Very courteous and professional in carrying out their duties.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our Honeymoon was amazing here. Was so nice to sit at the beach and get served food and drink. Tops optional at times. entertainment was ok. needs more entertainment that is cool. Take an excursion out to Isla Mures great trip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with a friend for 3 nights and it was wonderful! It is a safe hotel in the safe compound of Puerto Aventuras - I felt comfortable during my entire stay. We paid for a dolphin view room and the initial room they put us in was blocked my trees so they moved us up to the 5th floor which was MUCH better. We rented the bali beds while we are there - they were $35 a day and SO worth it. The barracuda bar was amazing - what a gorgeous view of the ocean while you're enjoying a delicious drink on the bar swings! Noe and Eduardo were awesome bartenders - always friendly and saying hello! Dinner on the beach was awesome and I loved walking around trying to bargain with all the vendors the brought in! The water was warm and beautiful. It was amazing watching fish swim around you when you are in the water! The food was also a high point of the trip. Everywhere we ate was delicious - especially dinner at Portofino. Just PHENOMENAL! We also enjoyed room service for breakfast every morning on our balcony! Not much night life so don't go if you're looking to party a lot. Three nights was not enough and I would definitely go back. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

We're more than glad to know you had an excellent vacation with us and were able to enjoyed every service we have to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

Should need further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was so excited about this trip! The resort was rated so highly by so many I really thought I was in for a real treat! Not a real disappointment...

First off this resort is about 1 hour from the airport, the hotel should really offer direct transportation. Private transport is about $140 round trip, if you do not go private you will be with about 10-15 other people and they stop at every hotel on the way.

Arriving at the hotel, the lobby and main floor is open, so no AC no fans! TRIPPING SWEAT!
The front desk is VERY small and overwhelmed, check in takes a bit of time that you really don't want to be spending.

1st room - did not have a separate seating area which we were promised

next set of rooms

Room with Double beds - safe did not work, lamp did not work, shower was GROSS, the rooms with the tubs tend to have better water pressure but the tub surround is just disgusting and unsanitary; loads of calking and silicon gel that is just sloppy and stained. Also the tubs are raised so if you're more than 6 ft tall chances are you'll be hitting your head trying to wash your hair.

King Bed room - The shower is more of a walkin and in my opinion nicer, but NO water pressure.

These two rooms were on the first floor and you hear carts going by 24 hours a day, it is very irritating.

Last set of rooms

Pretty much the same as before but in their PREMIER CLUB!
1) The AC did not work in one of the rooms and was repaired immediately before we were given possession of the room. We had to make one of our rooms VERY cold so that the other room wasn't a sauna. And again even in the premier club and after the front desk manager assured us that the room was checked over by maintenance, housekeeping and himself. Lamps did not work...

Premier Club
-Highest Floor - you get a nicer view but I'm sure it isnt much better than the floor under it.
-24 hour personal concierge, just for that floor! Usually nobody was there.
-Private Sitting area with games, liquor and breakfast, early evening snack. The breakfast was enough and convenient, it was actually the only place that had cooked strips of bacon.

Is it worth paying more to have the Premier club? At most $25/day.

We had pretty terrible internet connection, it was very slow and went in and out a lot. On the Premier Club level the rooms had their own wireless router that was noticeably better when it was working...

Only the rooms have AV none of the common spaces or hallways.

The Food/Restaurants - MASSIVE MASSIVE disappointment
The Buffet - Breakfast is standard but it is SO SO SO HOT in there! Make sure you sit where the ceiling is higher or its worse than outside. The lunch/dinner I have could get myself to eat anything
El Patio - Is "traditional" mexican food. First off this is sort of hidden so you have to find it! The dinner menu didn't sound good so we went for breakfast which was okay, but nobody in this restaurant spoke english which I found very odd because pretty much everyone we met spoke english!
Portofino's - Italian food - STAY AWAY! The most bland, awful, disgusting "italian" food I have ever eaten in my life!
Oceana - This was adults only except for wednesday I think, the food was better here but not great.
Poolside grill - The food was bad here but took a VERY long time. At dinner it became a steak house that was awful, but the bread they served was AMAZING, the only good bread we had all trip!
The cafe - Only coffee drinks which is great for adult but it would be nice if they had something for the kids there too
Roomserve - at least an hour no matter what you order. I didn't care for much of it but the people I traveled with loved the chicken fingers.

The staff is generally friendly, if they ask how you are and you ask them back nearly everyone said "excelente" and whenever you say thank you the reply is generally "it was my pleasure" At first this was nice and then it just felt very fake.

The Spa - Best customer service of the entire resort (which sadly isn't say too much) Ask for Maria or Penny, both excellent. Alexandria I think as the last person to perform spa service on me and she was awful, if I had he the first day I would have never been back to the spa, I went 3 times in 5 day!

The Pools - They are 3.7 feet deep! DID YOU HEAR ME?! 3.7 FEET DEEP! THATS NOT EVEN WAIST HIGH!!! In both the family and adult pool! THIS IS A JOKE! An absolutely ridiculous joke.

The beach - shallow and quite

The resort is VERY small and compact, the beach and pool are back to back

The Concierge or trip planners? Whatever you do DO NOT let them talk you into going to the other resort for the Ultimate Rewards card! They said it would take 90 minutes! We were gone for nearly 4 hours!!!!! It is not worth it! DO NOT DO IT! Only speak to the woman, the men are jerks.

When I arrived at the resort I received a letter from the manger about Mexican Hospitality. Within the resort I learned what that means, it loosely translate to "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY YOU STUPID TOURIST."

All in all I clearly would never go back to the resort and would unlikely trust a Dreams resort property ever again. But the resort has many other reviews on Tripadvisor of people who seamed to enjoy it, I wish I were so lucky!

Room Tip: Stay as high up as you can. If you don't care about water pressure go for a room with a walk in...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet with your full approval. All guest feedback, both positive and negative, allows us the opportunity to improve our services.

Once again, thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and achieve ultimate guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and change the poor perception you seem to have of us.

Regards,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent a day at Dreams Puerto Aventuras and had a great time. As it is September, it is low season so there was lots of chairs available and no problem getting into any of the restaurants or bars.
The day started with breakfast at the World Café. The wait staff were excellent as was the food. The omelette was incredible.
Spent the day hanging out at the beach and the natural salt water pool. Very relaxing. Again wait staff were great, always checking to see if there was anything that we needed.
Lunch was in the fish restaurant. The wait staff were great, however the catch of the day was quite a small portion and very simple in presentation.
Dinner we had starters at the Sushi restaurant which was excellent. Perhaps presented a bit different to what we are used to, but great flavour. Our waiter was exceptional and definitely added to the fun of the evening.
Main meal was taken at Portofino the Italian restaurant, which was very good.
We were also given a room for showering and changing for dinner which was excellent.
Would definitely go back, even though I am not a huge fan of all inclusive hotel stays

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Should need further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family vacation was spent at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa. The resort is a nice but it is a bit dated and not nearly as luxurious as its website depicts it to be. The resort is missing the WOW factor. It is extremely humid everywhere. The staff was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. The beach is small with lots of seaweed/kelp. There were schools of fish swimming around us. Be careful of the reef and rocks. There were not any motorized water sports available…i.e. jet skiing, parasailing, etc. Free kayaks were available to use for one hour at a time and you could also sign up for a 20 minute ride on a catamaran with a captain. The Concierge staff was available to schedule excursions and group rates were available. There was nightly entertainment on the beach or in the theater. The Drum and Fire show on the beach and the Canadian juggler/comedian were great. The Dolphin pool and Manatee pool were murky. The spa was beautiful and relaxing.

We purchased a Deluxe Garden View room package (room, airfare and free ground transportation to/from airport) via Apple Vacations. Upon check in, we were advised that we were receiving a complimentary upgrade. We were assigned Room 345 which is still a Deluxe Garden View room. Still not sure what the complimentary upgrade included. We were suppose to receive an Anniversary package...still waiting. We did receive a Welcome letter and chocolates on our pillows at turndown. Maybe that was the anniversary package.

From our room/balcony, we had a clear view of the garden area, Adult pool and the Oceana restaurant. We also had a partial view of the Dolphin pool. The garden area was green and lush with coconut trees, shrubs and colorful flowers, well manicured. In the mornings, we could see the dolphins in the pool. Overall, the room was nice and the view was great but we had to turn the AC up to reduce the humidity. We advised the Front Desk that the water drained slowly in the shower but the issue was not addressed during our stay. Also, there is a unique flushing system. Ensure you push both buttons together.

One of the couples in our group also had a Garden View room (Room 359). All they could see were treetops. Another couple in our group had an Ocean view room (Room 438). Their view was also obstructed by the trees. They also had a problem with the AC in their room their first day which was fixed within an hour. Another couple in our group had the Preferred Club Ocean view room (Room 748). The view from this room was FANTASTIC!!! There is a small bar at each end of the 7th floor that served top shelf liquors. One of the bars also served continental breakfast, hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Games were also available (Jenga, Backgammon etc.)

There are several restaurants to choose from for dining. We thoroughly enjoyed the food at Oceana, Seaside Grill, and the Sushi restaurant. The food at the World Café buffet was OK…nothing special. The Coco Café had good coffees and lattes. They also offered desserts and mini sandwiches. Desserts were disappointing.

When it stormed, the Seaside Grill, Oceana and the Sushi bar were closed because they are outdoor restaurants and are not fully enclosed. We did not dine at Portofino or El Patio. We ordered breakfast via Room Service a couple of mornings. The food was good and delivered in approximately 30 minutes. Aside from room service, dining is not available 24 hours a day.

We noticed there was conflicting information regarding the dress code. The hostess denied us seating at the Seaside Grill one night because two of the guys in our party had on basketball shorts. When we went back on another night, a different host was seating a group with guys in basketball shorts. Even the resort pamphlets and books have conflicting information regarding formal attire.

While we were vacationing at Dreams Puerto Aventuras, an AMResort representative told us that Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is the least of the AMResort properties and that they have much nicer resorts. The AMResort representative offered us an opportunity to visit Dreams Tulum and sit thru a 90 minute presentation. Free excursion tickets, romantic dinner vouchers and resort credits were offered if we attended. We declined as we were not interested in a vacation club sales pitch.

Overall, we had a great family vacation at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa. We tipped for everything so bring lots of pesos. If we return to Puerto Aventuras, MX, we will not stay at this resort again...maybe Barcelo or Bahia.

Room Tip: Request higher floors...5th floor and up to see past the trees. Poolside rooms are quieter than oce...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!