“The most amazing Wedding Week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The most amazing Wedding Week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Resort: From our first second there, the hotel was amazing. The location, although was around an hour to get there, was perfect and secluded. It was amazing to have a marina on one side to see boats & dolphins and the ocean on the other. The view from each of the rooms we went into was beautiful. We especially loved our Deluxe Ocean View from the 5th floor. It was wonderful-on the day of the wedding, right before the ceremony it rained for about 10 minutes and a rainbow came out!!! The photographer was able to get pictures of me looking out over the Wedding Gazebo and all my guests with the rainbow in the background. Talk about good timing. The size of the Resort was also perfect for our group. We had close to 70 guests in our party, and there was something for everyone ages 10 mos to 80 years old!! We were able to run into our guests everywhere and didn't feel like we had to walk for miles to find people or go from one side of the resort to the other. Our favorite spots were the Natural Pool & Adults only pool, but all areas were enjoyable.

Staff/Service: Wow. I could go on and on about this. On each facet, the staff could not be better. I heard so many compliments from my guests about the service at the resort. They were on point with everything. The rooms were cleaned each day multiple times with our beds turned down. We could leave with the rooms looking like a tornado had hit, and come back to a comfortable place to be in. Room service was wonderful & would accept any request big or small. The concierge helped deliver our Welcome bags and did so in a timely manner & none were lost. The front desk was always smiling and willing to get us new keys if lost or let us make calls to other rooms. Above all, we felt like family at this resort. From day one, they knew I was the bride & were constantly congratulating us or asking about the wedding details. I walked down to the lobby on the morning of my wedding and was greeted with "5 o' clock!!! Are you ready!!!?" in a celebratory way. We had impeccable bar service & wait service at all of the swim up bars & restaurants. If we were in the pool, natural pool or by the beach, there was wait staff always asking if we needed something or getting anything we would ask. In particular, Santiago & Manuel at the Adult only Pool, Ricardo at the Main pool, and Noe (who was all over the resort helping in a friendly way!) went above and beyond to make our group feel special. I wish I remembered more of the names because each and every person who helped our group did a wonderful job. On the night of our wedding I had 2 personal servers making sure I didn't need a snack or drink. I seriously felt like a celebrity!!!

Wedding: Another ball hit out of the park. We did the Dreams of Love (middle) package & it was perfect for us. I was thoroughly impressed by the service we received by the coordinators at the resort. Jacki & Isabel helped us in particular & everything was perfect down to the last detail. I don't know why I stressed one bit because they took care of everything. When we arrived at the resort, we looked around & I instantly fell in love with the gazebo. Originally I had wanted to have the ceremony & reception on the beach, but we saw it and it was beautiful. Not to mention, when you get under the cover of the gazebo it is significantly cooler and there is a breeze right out by the water. The views from all angles were wonderful of the ocean and it was nice that there is a sound system in the gazebo for music & for the officiant. Jacki helped us coordinate a little rehearsal the day before & everything went smoothly the day of with every single detail of the ceremony. Our friend was the officiant & he did an amazing job. We had cocktail at Barracuda Beachside Bar-another amazing location on resort. The swings were great photo opps and they let us play a Cd of songs we made. Even the hors d'oeuvres table was so great. They had carved two little lovebirds kissing out of fruit to put on the table-once again, every detail was covered. After cocktail hour, we made our way over to Oceana that we had rented out for the night. This was one of the best decisions I made. The ambiance of the place was phenomenal. It matched my colors of blue & white & I didn't have to do any decorating. They set up the tables in a really great formation so all could see head table, speeches & dancefloor. I heard all of my guests raving about the food the rest of the week. We went with the Carribean Buffet option and I would Highly recommend this. It wasn't only the best food we had all week, but the best food I have ever had at a wedding, and I know I'm biased, but I heard this from a lot of our guests as well. We did a traditional Mexican Tres Leches wedding cake and it was melt in your mouth good. One of the best things that Jacki did for us was have the top of the cake delivered to us the next morning with mimosas and breakfast in bed. So thoughtful & it made me so happy! Our guests danced the night away, and then at the end of the night went into the pool to cool off. It made for great pictures and a fun impromptu "trash the dress" session. Jacki wasn't phased and made sure each of the guests had towels to dry off for the after party at Desires. I could go on and on. This was the absolute perfect day & they made it so special for us. It will be something we will never forget.

Photography @ Wedding: I am so glad that I didn't stress about photography or spend extra money to hire an outside photographer. I'm sure that they do wonderful too, but Adventure Photos was offered in our package and my pictures turned out wonderfully. Our photographer Joel was not afraid to get some amazing shots, even if it meant sacrificing his own body. He laid down on the rocks to get a shot of us & cut up his elbow & didn't complain once. I didn't give him any suggestions & he somehow captured so many wonderful moments that I could have never even asked for. He came to the girls room before and got some wonderful shots of us getting ready, and then took shots during and after the ceremony for a bit. Included in the package we got were 36 photos which we got put into a really nice book, on a CD & in a slideshow that he set to music. 36 was reeallly hard to choose so we ended up buying a few extras which were really reasonably priced. The best part was that we were able to take everything home with us since we didn't leave for a few days. A lot of our other married friends (who have been married over a year) said they still haven't gotten their wedding photo book back. Joel had seen my mom in the lobby & told her our book was ready & I went to pick it up before the time he had set up for me. Joel was eating dinner, and personally came to make sure it was perfect for me. I cannot believe how above and beyond this was. This is another service I could go on and on about that could not have been better. Thank you Joel for everything!!!

Restaurants & Entertainment: There was never a moment that we were bored at the resort. There was ALWAYS something to do, something to eat or something to watch. We were going to go off resort for both the bachelor & bachelorette parties, and once we got there we did not want to leave. There was plenty to keep our whole group busy for the 7 days we were there. A variety of food was offered daily and was the absolute best I have ever had in Mexico (this was my 5th trip). There wasn't anything we ate that we didn't like. Another really nice thing was that our group did not have the usual "sick days" every time we have been to a resort in Mexico with a group, each and every person got sick at least one day from something they ate. This was not a concern for us. A few people had upset stomachs here and there, but this was from all of the over-indulgence that our group took part in. We were constantly eating and enjoying the really yummy adult beverages by the pool or beach. We loved going to get sushi at Gohan for a snack, and most of our group raved about the Italian restaurant Portofino. My favorite was Oceana. We went there the last night & the seafood was wonderful. The mexican restaurant also had amazing fajitas & I loved the steak & potatoes I got one night. As far as lunch & breakfast goes, the buffet had everything you could ever imagine to eat. It was also nice to stop by the burger grill and get a snack. If you wanted to sit down for a nicer lunch, you could go to seaside grill for fish tacos, burgers, nachos, and many other options. Every night there was some kind of show by the beach like live entertainment, fire dancers, and movies. Our group (we had a lot of 20 & 30 somethings) loved to go to Desires for Karaoke & DJ nights. It had pool for the guys & was very entertaining each and every night. If we wouldn't have had all the wedding festivities during the first few nights, I think we would have loved the dinners & parties on the beach. The last thing I will mention is the Market. We all loved how they brought in the market on Tuesday & Friday the week we were there so that we could get fun souvenirs from our trip! We got an amazing painting of the wedding gazebo where we got married!

Room Tip: Rooms by the Marina/Dolphins were a bit quieter, but rooms on the ocean side had an amazing view. If...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

Congratulations on your wedding! We're so happy you had an unforgettable wedding and celebration and truly hope to celebrate your first anniversary with us.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We found this resort great for family, not huge, awesome for kids to move around without getting lost. Nice beach and access to water activities. Reef just 20 yards from a sandy beach, great for snorkeling. But what made the biggest difference, that took a good experience to an excellent one, was the great wine and dinners we had. This place is super for family and kids, but great for mom and dad too. Beautiful settings for romantic dinners. If you ever here ASK FOR TEODORO, manager of the Italian restaurant Portofino. He will make the difference and make it excellent for you. I will attach some pics, including Teodoro's ... Don't forget, ask for him.

Stayed August 2014
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We're more than glad to know you had an excellent vacation with us and were able to enjoyed every service we have to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you plan to travel with your family, Dreams Puerto Aventuras is a great option.
It is a medium size hotel with a bit more than 300 rooms, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools, a big jacuzzi, kids club, spa and some other services all gathered in one building.
The beach is nice and sandy and the sea is safe for kids as it seems you are in a big 2 or 3 feet swimming pool with almost no waves at all.
The food and the rooms are okay and the staff is very kind in all areas.
If you like to see or swim with dolphins, they are literally 5 steps outside the hotel.
I stayed from July 30 through August the 7th and I would definitely come back to spend another vacations with my family.
ENJOY

Room Tip: Family ocean view rooms worth a few extra bucks
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 9, 2014

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I am at this hotel at the moment and I must say it is far from 5*. I have traveled a lot and this is a tourist trap in the highest sense of the word! First of they gave us the wrong room thanks in part to kenwood travel UK and when we tried to rectify the problem they were less then helpful. Second the food is awful I mean terrible nasty slop you would find in a hole in the wall. Third the hotel is in with the tour company witch is to the right of the main desk. Every tour we went on was a sales pitch. Tips please like us on trip adviser etc it got really old quick. If there was one tour in particular it was the dolphin adventure beside the resort we waited 30 min and we couldn't take pictures after paying 250 usd they took pictures of course and then charged another 50 on top what a crock of S@!? I was so mad I didn't even go in! Avoid this resort if you have any common sense! I just wish someone had told me before I came here!!!!!!!!!! 5 star it is NOT!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet with your full approval. All guest feedback, both positive and negative, allows us the opportunity to improve our services.

Once again, thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and achieve ultimate guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and change the poor perception you seem to have of us.

Best regards,

E-Concierge & Social Coordinator
Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I must agree with another review in that the resort was not as luxurious as other Dreams properties such as La Romano, Dominion Republic; and the room did not have sufficient lighting, but the overall experience was great! Service was impecable, and Juan Segura, Walter, and Manuel at the World Cafe' rendered fun, thorough, personable and exceptional service! The restaurants were romantic, food was delectable, and service was grand. Maurice, the marketing conceirge was very helpful in booking an outside activity (catamaran) and the ride and activities were fun, comfortable and well-worth the cost. The hotel conceirge was extremely helpful in arranging return flight seats and check-in. Dreams has become one of our favorite resorts and we will certainly visit a Dreams resort whenever we vacation and a Dreams resort is near.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for quiet and you will receive a room off the beaten path but close to anywhe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 8, 2014

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The resort is beautiful and its staff is incredibly helpful, corteous, accommodating and respectful. The only one thing we were not too happy was with the sushi restaurant. For sushi lovers this is not the restaurant for you. But despite that the overall experience was great.

Room Tip: Request a room by the adults pool, more quiet and easy access to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

If this is your first time visiting the Cancun / Riviera Maya, you must know that they are very different vacation spots, even though they are about an hour apart.
Are you looking for nightlife, shopping centers, markets and restaurants? The Cancun is for you.
If what you are looking for is relaxation, nature tours, and archeological ruins, Playa del Carmen is your best bet.
Please understand that this does not mean an either/or situation, you can mix and match activities, it’s just a matter of time and distance optimization.
First of all, the Mayan Riviera and Playa del Carmen areas have many hotels, but not as many as Cancun. The distances between points of interest are very long, so you have to rent a car, or rely on taxis, which might end up being very expensive on the long run.

OK, on to the hotel review. It´s a very beautiful, functional place. The decoration is very simple but it works. It may not win many awards on aesthetics, but it more than makes up on service.
Our room was a junior suite, and it was a complementary upgrade straight from the manager. We didn´t have to ask for it, she offered it and it was great. The room has a king sized bed, a small couch, coffee table and decent closet space (You´re at the beach, your attire should consist of shorts and sandals, so no need for much space ;)
The bathroom was very spacious, with a double faucet and a great high-pressure showerhead. It included a clothesline, but because of the humid weather it´s not very efficient, I recommend sun drying on the balcony. Speaking of the balcony, it is a serviceable space with two chairs and a small table.
This is an all-inclusive hotel, so that means all restaurants and bars are accessible to you. There are several restaurants and they serve very delicious food. You are not allowed to enter any of them in your wet bathing suit.
1. World Café:
Breakfast buffet 7a.m. to 11 a.m. a variety of Mexican and American food, fruit and desserts. It has fruit drinks, coffee and soft drinks. Perfect for when you are waiting to leave to a park
Lunch 12:30 to 3 p.m. and dinner from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.

2. Seaside grill. Fine meat cuts and chicken, with a variety of international entrees, soups and creams. Lunch 11 am to 5 pm, dinner 6:30 pm to 11 pm

3. Barefoot grill. Burgers basically. Located in front of the world café. 11 am to 5:30 pm

4. Coco Café: 7 am to 11 pm. Gourmet coffee and pastries. Think Starbucks, but faster and all included.

5. El Patio: 6 pm to 11 pm. Delicious Mexican food, beautiful place for a romantic dinner, especially after sundown

6. Portofino: 6 pm to 11 pm. Italian food. Only restaurant in resort with a dress code. Formal attire required.

7. Oceana: 6 pm to 11 pm. Seafood prepared in a variety of styles. No one under 18 allowed, not even babies.

8. Gohan sushi: 6 pm to 11 pm. Traditional sushi served on a second floor terrace. Great place to enjoy something different.

9. Room service, 24 hrs. A menu consisting of pizza, burgers, hot dogs and fast food. Service takes from 30 to 40 minutes to deliver to your room. Great for when you get hungry late.

The hotel has a family area and an 18 and up area. The former is always bustling with activity and has the most pools and the only beach access. The latter is way calmer and you can swim in the pools without fear of bumping into children.
The beach is very small but very beautiful. The water has the characteristic turquoise color of the region. And has a variety of fish swimming in it. Because the beach is almost in front of Cozumel Island (approx. 40 km. in sea) the waves are very mellow. Plus, it is very shallow, so the risk of drowning is very low. Next to the beach is a hammock area where you can lounge all day long and forget about the world.
All in all, it´s a great place to relax and unwind and enjoy excellent food and delicious drinks. The proximity of the hotel to the ecological parks and cenotes means you will probably be one of the first guests to arrive at these places.
Just be aware that other activities and services like the spa, romantic seaside dinners and wine are not included, you have to pay for them.
I highly recommend this place, it´s for couples wanting to enjoy the beauty of the Mayan Riviera, or families who wish to enjoy the thrills of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!