“Family wedding ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Family wedding ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My son and fiancée were married here June 2014. There were 39 people that attended, including 5 children.

I am breaking down my review into 2 parts: The resort on its own and the wedding on its own.

The resort is wonderful. All the staff I met were friendly and helpful. All the food was really good, especially the beef ranchero at El Patio (shout out to Christian and Mo!). We ate there twice and I had the beef ranchero both times. The filet mignon at the Portofino was also delicious. The drinks were slushie and yummy. The beach area is the best on this stretch and is really good for families with children. We never had any problems getting loungers on the beach. Around the pool was a bit trickier, but we always managed to get some. The pools were clean and although only one is heated, the 'non' heated one was awesome for the hot, humid days. I only had a couple of concerns with the room: not enough lighting for night time and our room had no table or chairs to sit at in the room. There was one on the patio, but if you wanted to order room service, you either had to balance the food on your lap or haul the table & chairs in from outside. Also the bathroom sliding door was different, I would have preferred a full closing door. The complimentary bathrobes are great. And the umbrella in the closet - great idea. The room was always clean, with plenty of towels. We had no issues with water pressure or temperature and the air conditioning was good. Didn't go to Mexico to watch TV, so I don't care what size it is.

Now the good and the not so good about the wedding.

The wedding palapa is gorgeous. You can't find better views or backdrops for a wedding. The bridge over the water to the palapa makes a beautiful walkway for the bride. The service itself was beautifully done, the officiant was very good and did a really nice service. Cocktail hour at the Barracuda bar was a lot of fun with the mariachi band, and the appetizers were good - if I had known dinner was going to take well over 2 hours to serve, I would have had more. The setting for dinner was excellent, right on the beach. Nothing like dancing in the sand! Most of the wedding was really good, unfortunately there were a few disappointments that stick out.

The things that didn't go right for my son and his new wife: they played the wrong song for her walk down the aisle, despite having been told twice by the bride and once by the groom. She was so upset that after the wedding, it took quite a few minutes to calm her down so they could take pictures. Because of the time delay, the photographer ran out of time before taking any pictures of the families. So I have no formal pictures of my son and his wife, nor do her family have pictures of her with them. Then, at one point myself and two of the groomsmen had to run back to the hotel rooms and my son told the wedding planner to wait until we came back to do the walk in to dinner. Nope, that didn't happen, so I didn't get to see my son and his wife walk in and be introduced as husband and wife, and my son had to walk in without half of his groomsmen. I was gone less than 5 minutes. Then, dinner took forever to serve. The wedding service was at 5pm, by the time I got my main course it was 9ish. So they had everyone do their speeches in between courses. Too long, especially for kids. Two of my grandkids seated at another table were served past right away, the two at my table were expected to wait through appetizer, salad, soup etc. They weren't offered any options, nor were we aware until much later. We were supposed to have 2-3 hours of music and dancing on the beach ... by the time dinner was done, the cake was cut etc, there was about an hour and half. Not nearly enough. However, the worst part was when my 8 year old grandson crawled under the table with the long tablecloth when the music started and as we were dancing in a big circle we noticed that we couldn't see him. His mother went directly to the dj and asked him to turn the music down and call his name and he went to check with the wedding planner first. In the meantime we are running to the bathroom, up and down the beach yelling, but because of the loud music he didn't hear us. As soon as the wedding planner said, he turned the music down, called his name and out he popped. Phew.

I would have to say that this venue would be excellent for smaller weddings, but appeared to be a bit challenged by a larger group.

Sorry for the length of the review, but if you are planning a wedding, you may want to watch for these things.

Room Tip: We had a dolphin view room and it was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort with all the Tripadvisor community. We were delighted to have you with us. We would like to inform you that all the comments & suggestions are addressed to the involved departments to improve our service.

We apologize for the inconveniences you had in your son's wedding. For us is very important all our guests satisfaction and we appreciate every comment that helps us improve day by day!

We hope to have the opportunity to host you back again in a near future.

Regards,

E-Concierge
econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
Fall River, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My Fiancé and I just got back from our second stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. The first stay we enjoyed the food; however had serious problems with the resort maintenance. Because of this we were offered three free nights to try them a second time, so we decided to take them up on their generous offer.
Although there were no maintenance problems with the resort this time, the food quality had taken a sharp decline in less than a year's time. The grounds are very nice, and most of the staff are very friendly; however, after two stays, we are ready to move on in search of better options. There was simply not enough positive experiences to make us return a third trip. From the decline in restaurant quality, to being disappointed with the spa hot tub (not worth using for free as a "preferred" guest, and certainly not worth $45. Mostly because it is nothing like shown in their spa photos online), we just weren't feeling we got our money's worth.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and share your recent experience at our resort. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We would like to inform you that all the comments & suggestions are addressed to the involved departments to improve our service.

Once again thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us our guests opinion and satisfaction.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just spent five wonderful days with Puerto Aventuras resort..Oustanding..Wonderful..Surreal.
My family where never bored, the daily itenary for the resort was ever helpful.

I want to take the time to thank Armando Hernandez he works with Unlimeted Vacation club.
Armando since the moment we arrive you allow us to have lunch and return for our resort tour. Thank you we were able to find everything thanks to you. Armando did not stop there every opportunity was constantly offering his assistance. Unlimited you are fortinate to have an employee like Armando. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time and share your recent experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

Is wonderful to know you had an excellent time and your expectations has been exceeded. We'll share your comments with Armando. Can't wait to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

E-Concierge
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We travelled down for friends of ours wedding. It was a beautiful location!! The staff went above and beyond for each of us, the food and drinks were great! No complaints whatsoever, would definitely return!! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it about your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with our outstanding service and you enjoyed every single service we offer.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions and we will be happy to make every stay special for you.

Eufaula, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our biggest complaint was that the dining room was always extremely hot and uncomfortable. We would have liked having more chairs also. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Dreams and would like to come back again some time. My grandson thoroughly enjoyed his swim with the dolphins and his time SCUBA diving. That in itself was worth the trip.

Room Tip: We were in a very small room. If I go again, we will upgrade to a larger room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

We were delighted to have you with us and thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We would like to inform you that all the comments & suggestions are addressed to the involved departments to improve our service.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our staffs’ exceptional service. It is great to hear that your grandson enjoyed his swim with the dolphin and his scuba diving time.

We really hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are looking for a peaceful & relaxing vacation this is for you. The resort is on the smaller scale with a bit over 300 rooms. There are 6 restaurants which do not require a reservation or have stipulations on how many times you can eat at any of them. Only Portifino requires men to wear long pants & proper shoes for dinner. There is a spa & dolphin discovery on site for additional fees. Our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the dolphin's with a view of both the Marina & ocean. Needless to say Ienjoyed the vview every morning. There is a "Starbuck" like coffee shop which served great hot & cold coffees. Also, they served delicious deserts & sandwiches daily. My husband used the fitness center which is small but served his needs. His only concern was that it is not air conditioned. Many of the common areas, hallways, elevators, lobby area & gym are not air conditioned. This atmosphere I feel gives one the feeling of beingin the rrainforest. As the resort lies amongst the marina community you feel more like you are staying with family then at a "corporate" establishment. We were treated like family by all we had the pleasure to encounter. Hola & its my pleasure roll off the staffs tongue. Not because it is standard policy but we felt as though they genuinely were happy to help you. Beach wait staff, Juan, Willy & Hugo were fantastic! I also observed a restaurant Captain at lunch at the Seaside grill & again at the El Patio for breakfest. He truly enjoyed helping people. This is the type of service you will receive. The room is modest but comfortable. Bath is roomy with tiled floors & shower area. It isn't necessary to bring shampoo, lotion or even a razor or toothbrush as all this is provided for you. Housekeeping was great room was always clean & bed was turned down in the evening. Food was excellent. Not only was it delicious but it was visually beautiful! We often at the chefs specials and were not disappointed! We enjoyed all the restaurants as well as the evening fiesta one night. We partook of the beach paella & record breaking taco! The fire & ice show is awesome! I also enjoyed the bazaar vendors were brought in with all sorts of goodies for purchase. There was also a jewelry designer for Cozmel who sold beautiful jewelry on two separate evenings. The beach area is not large but the sand & water are extremely warm and inviting! We spent the trip on the sand under a popular. Sunshine & cool drinks were flowing! There is a daily activity newsletter left at your room every night. Also, it is just a 5 minute walk to the marina where you can hangout with the locals. If you are looking for non stop partying them stay on the strip. We would stay here again. DreamsPuerto Adventura is geared for relaxation & your satisfaction.

Room Tip: As to stay on the 6th floor as these rooms are above the tree tops. Our room 645 had views of the do...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with the Tripadvisor community.

It's great to know you had an incredible time at our resort and were able to enjoyed each service of the hotel. We'll share your comments with all the staff involve, especially with Juan, Willy and Hugo, they will be more than glad they were able to served you during your stay.

The Coco Cafe is an amazing place to delight a delicious hot or cold coffee with a sweet treat, is perfect to have a relaxing time.

Looking forward to your next visit, please, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I will first start by saying this place may have had the best service of any AI's I have visited. All the service we had was great and very attentive. There is always someone waiting to serve you whether on the beach or at the pool. Hugo and Yolanda were amazing, they found us no matter where we were and got drinks immediately.
The food was par for AI. The sit down restaraunts were very good, but the buffet's had a little to be desired. The food activities on the beach or pool were al very good as well.
My only complaint would be the hotel iself. It is in need of rennovation. For the price I paid, I feel that it should be a little better kept. There are many items that are old, worn, or broke. The resort itelf is also laid out a little different but not a bad thing since the adult side is completly seperate from the family side. Our AC did not work well in the room and we pulled the filter down and it was clear why the AC did not work. The filter looked like it was the original filter from the day they built the hotel. I was traveling in a large wedding party and everyone said the exact same about theirs. We all pulled our filters and the AC was like a toranado after that.
The wedding people did an awesome job. They are very attentive and do a great job at weddings. There were 1 - 3 weddings per day.
Overall Dreams did a great job, but I could not rate them a 5 star because the hotel does not fit the price. I have stayed at cheaper AI's that were nicer, although the service makes up for a lot...
Other advice - Walk over the other side of the Dolpin Discovery in town and stop in and say Hi to Manuel at Planet Scuba and book a scuba diving adventure in the Cenotes, you will not be dissapointed, they are awesome!! See my other review with them.
Order the special if you go to a sit down restaraunt, it never dissapointed.
Order a Coco Loco drink, they are awesome.
Bring ear plugs, the birds are very noisy starting at 5:30am.

Room Tip: Hugo and Yolanda are awesome, find them and your stay will be amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing your recent experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

It's a honor to know you had the best service off all the all inclusive resorts you have visited. We'll share your great comments with our Weddings department, they will be flattered.

Also, we want to thank you for the feedback you gave us and we'll share them with the operations staff in order to improve the areas for future stays.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome back and any assistance you may need, do not hesitate to contact us.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!