“Dreams Puerto Aventuras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Air Credit+Kids Free
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eufaula, Oklahoma
“Dreams Puerto Aventuras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our biggest complaint was that the dining room was always extremely hot and uncomfortable. We would have liked having more chairs also. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Dreams and would like to come back again some time. My grandson thoroughly enjoyed his swim with the dolphins and his time SCUBA diving. That in itself was worth the trip.

Room Tip: We were in a very small room. If I go again, we will upgrade to a larger room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We were delighted to have you with us and thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We would like to inform you that all the comments & suggestions are addressed to the involved departments to improve our service.

We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our staffs’ exceptional service. It is great to hear that your grandson enjoyed his swim with the dolphin and his scuba diving time.

We really hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are looking for a peaceful & relaxing vacation this is for you. The resort is on the smaller scale with a bit over 300 rooms. There are 6 restaurants which do not require a reservation or have stipulations on how many times you can eat at any of them. Only Portifino requires men to wear long pants & proper shoes for dinner. There is a spa & dolphin discovery on site for additional fees. Our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the dolphin's with a view of both the Marina & ocean. Needless to say Ienjoyed the vview every morning. There is a "Starbuck" like coffee shop which served great hot & cold coffees. Also, they served delicious deserts & sandwiches daily. My husband used the fitness center which is small but served his needs. His only concern was that it is not air conditioned. Many of the common areas, hallways, elevators, lobby area & gym are not air conditioned. This atmosphere I feel gives one the feeling of beingin the rrainforest. As the resort lies amongst the marina community you feel more like you are staying with family then at a "corporate" establishment. We were treated like family by all we had the pleasure to encounter. Hola & its my pleasure roll off the staffs tongue. Not because it is standard policy but we felt as though they genuinely were happy to help you. Beach wait staff, Juan, Willy & Hugo were fantastic! I also observed a restaurant Captain at lunch at the Seaside grill & again at the El Patio for breakfest. He truly enjoyed helping people. This is the type of service you will receive. The room is modest but comfortable. Bath is roomy with tiled floors & shower area. It isn't necessary to bring shampoo, lotion or even a razor or toothbrush as all this is provided for you. Housekeeping was great room was always clean & bed was turned down in the evening. Food was excellent. Not only was it delicious but it was visually beautiful! We often at the chefs specials and were not disappointed! We enjoyed all the restaurants as well as the evening fiesta one night. We partook of the beach paella & record breaking taco! The fire & ice show is awesome! I also enjoyed the bazaar vendors were brought in with all sorts of goodies for purchase. There was also a jewelry designer for Cozmel who sold beautiful jewelry on two separate evenings. The beach area is not large but the sand & water are extremely warm and inviting! We spent the trip on the sand under a popular. Sunshine & cool drinks were flowing! There is a daily activity newsletter left at your room every night. Also, it is just a 5 minute walk to the marina where you can hangout with the locals. If you are looking for non stop partying them stay on the strip. We would stay here again. DreamsPuerto Adventura is geared for relaxation & your satisfaction.

Room Tip: As to stay on the 6th floor as these rooms are above the tree tops. Our room 645 had views of the do...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with the Tripadvisor community.

It's great to know you had an incredible time at our resort and were able to enjoyed each service of the hotel. We'll share your comments with all the staff involve, especially with Juan, Willy and Hugo, they will be more than glad they were able to served you during your stay.

The Coco Cafe is an amazing place to delight a delicious hot or cold coffee with a sweet treat, is perfect to have a relaxing time.

Looking forward to your next visit, please, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I will first start by saying this place may have had the best service of any AI's I have visited. All the service we had was great and very attentive. There is always someone waiting to serve you whether on the beach or at the pool. Hugo and Yolanda were amazing, they found us no matter where we were and got drinks immediately.
The food was par for AI. The sit down restaraunts were very good, but the buffet's had a little to be desired. The food activities on the beach or pool were al very good as well.
My only complaint would be the hotel iself. It is in need of rennovation. For the price I paid, I feel that it should be a little better kept. There are many items that are old, worn, or broke. The resort itelf is also laid out a little different but not a bad thing since the adult side is completly seperate from the family side. Our AC did not work well in the room and we pulled the filter down and it was clear why the AC did not work. The filter looked like it was the original filter from the day they built the hotel. I was traveling in a large wedding party and everyone said the exact same about theirs. We all pulled our filters and the AC was like a toranado after that.
The wedding people did an awesome job. They are very attentive and do a great job at weddings. There were 1 - 3 weddings per day.
Overall Dreams did a great job, but I could not rate them a 5 star because the hotel does not fit the price. I have stayed at cheaper AI's that were nicer, although the service makes up for a lot...
Other advice - Walk over the other side of the Dolpin Discovery in town and stop in and say Hi to Manuel at Planet Scuba and book a scuba diving adventure in the Cenotes, you will not be dissapointed, they are awesome!! See my other review with them.
Order the special if you go to a sit down restaraunt, it never dissapointed.
Order a Coco Loco drink, they are awesome.
Bring ear plugs, the birds are very noisy starting at 5:30am.

Room Tip: Hugo and Yolanda are awesome, find them and your stay will be amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing your recent experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

It's a honor to know you had the best service off all the all inclusive resorts you have visited. We'll share your great comments with our Weddings department, they will be flattered.

Also, we want to thank you for the feedback you gave us and we'll share them with the operations staff in order to improve the areas for future stays.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome back and any assistance you may need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Burtonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The daily grind got the best of my wife and I and that's when we decided to find the perfect getaway [We stayed 8 days/7 nights]. We found a great deal through Cheapcarribean.com, it included a non-stop flight from Baltimore to Mexico. I would recommend non-stop flights when traveling out of the country because it reduces the risk of your airline losing your luggage. This didn't happen to us, but this was true for the couple sitting next to me (on their honeymoon- they had 1 change over flight). Bring a change of clothes, a travel size deodorant, and toothpaste/tooth brush in your carry on bag just in case this occurs.
We were treated so well from everyone on staff from the time we arrived at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. I never traveled out of the country before and I imagined something disappointing us along the way- I wanted this to be the perfect getaway so I thought if I thought-through the worst, I'll be prepared to handle it and not have it ruin our vacation. But, I can honestly say that this is the place to be! Luis Gonzalez greeted us upon arriving, gave us a tour of the grounds and immediately made us feel comfortable. Whenever we had a question he was right there to help us. At first, my wife and I were planning to do absolutely nothing but relaxing on the beach, but we thought let's make the best of this trip. We swam with the dolphins (Royal package) and that is well worth it. There were a few times that someone in our group didn't have the right technique for riding on the dolphins nose or the dorsal fin ride and the trainer allowed us to do it again. They have pictures you can purchase, which I think are too expensive ($105 for 10 photos on a CD), but we couldn't pass up some of the hilarious shots of us riding on the dolphins. We also had a lot of fun learning Spanish. In the mornings Mitzy (Etertainment Team) would teach us the basics and she made it a lot of fun. One the best memories I have of this trip is our romantic dinner on the beach. We reserved a palapa, "grass hut", which comes with an upgraded menu. You have to schedule it a day in advance and if it rains you can relocate inside to the Portofino restaurant or cancel it. It just so happened that it was raining that day and it was still drizzling when dinner rolled around. To our surprise, they served us in spite of the rain. It meant that our server was going to go back and forth from the restaurant to the palapa in the rain. Ricardo was our server and he was very professional and pleasant in spite of getting poured on. He had a the chef put happy 2nd anniversary on our plate when dessert was served. That romantic evening meant a lot to my wife and I.
I was very impressed with all the restaurants: Portofino (Italian), El Patio (Mexican), Gohan (Chinese), and World cafe. My wife is an interior designer and I took some architecture classes so when we eat out, we admire the creativity someone put in to create the perfect atmosphere. The downside to that is we sometimes point out the areas of improvement. Each restaurant was beautiful and the service was impeccable. The servers were very personable!

Thank you Luis, Ricardo, Mitzy, house keeping, and staff for making this vacation the perfect getaway!

Room Tip: Put ear plugs in when you sleep because the night owls return to their rooms hammered, thinking they...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful review with the Tripadvisor community. It was a truly pleasure having you with us.

We are more than happy to know we were your first experience out your country and we were able to met all your expectations.

We'll share all your comments with the staff, especially with Luis, Ricardo and Mitzy, they'll be so happy to know they were able to assist you.

Looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a future.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for 6 nights. The service was fabulous but the rooms and the overall facility needs a facelift. I also would not call this a "resort" because it appears that the locals use it as their neighborhood swimming pool. There is more exclusiveness with a Holiday Inn. Internet/Wi-fi access is extremely slow. And, they need to hire a chef to come up with more creative dishes. Also, when it rains (like it did for 3 days out of the 6 I was there) there needs to be somewhere on the property to go besides the lobby or the bar that was closed. If you are use to staying in Cancun and walking for miles on the beach. That will not happen here. If you want to do shopping then you will need to arrange for a 30 minute ride to Playa Del Carmen. btw, be prepared for a drive from the airport to the Dreams. I also got VERY tired of the Dreams folks trying to convince us to go to the Jewelry Factory. It is an hour stop at the Jewelry Factory with a sales pitch. I mean really....most resorts I've stayed at don't do this to their customers. The AC vents need to be cleaned. They were very dirty. If you have kids then you might enjoy this place... I will say the entertainment at night was fantastic. The magic and comedians were great. I loved the drummers and fire dancers and the best was the male dance group. They dance to modern music and were extremely talented. The dance group that does more traditional dance needs more practice and different music though. Their performance was too long and many people in the audience were yawning. (even saw some people sleeping).

Too many other places I want to see so I doubt I will not go back to this place. I would only go to to say hi to the fabulous staff.

Room Tip: The first and second floors near the lobby were VERY noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with all the Tripadvisor community.

We apologize for not exceed your expectations during your stay. As for the internet connection inconveniences experiences throughout your stay, we recently launched our Unlimited Connectivity program allowing guests to have complementary internet access throughout their stay and would like to make sure that every detail is looked into in order to ensure a better service.

Regarding the Chef, We are pleased to announce the arrival of our new Executive Chef whom has taken all comments into consideration in order to develop the variety and quality offered within our many restaurants as well as our in room dining. We have ensured to address the comments regarding the creativeness of the dishes.

Is great to know you enjoyed all the night shows. Rest assure all your comments have been shared and we're working to improve our services for future stays.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family (wife, 16-month old son, and in-laws) just returned from a 7 day stay at the resort. This was my first all-inclusive resort although my in-laws have been to many. My previous Mexico experiences have been during cruises. These are my thoughts....

1. The Resort - I thought that the facility was nice enough although my in-laws seemed somewhat disappointed due to their previous experiences. Their primary complaint was how small the resort was. I did not see this as necessarily a negative factor. The resort is similar in design to an ocean hotel with an airy open concept. The front side of the resort borders a man-made lagoon which harbors the dolphin experience. The back of the resort faces the ocean and has the main pool and most of the restaurants. There is also a side that has an adult only section with a separate pool, Jacuzzi, and bar. The Oceana/seafood restaurant is also located in the adult section but children can use it on Wed and Sat. The beach area is rather small.

We did have the opportunity to see a sister resort - the Dreams Tulum which was newer, larger, and overall appeared nicer. We were told that the Dreams is a growing resort chain but the Peurto Aventuras was the first and oldest.

2. Location - I did not realize prior to going that the resort was located roughly an hour south of the airport. This required transportation which was somewhat more expensive than a closer resort would have been. We paid $205 USD for a van to transport my family roundtrip. We did not prebook but found the airport was filled with different vendors happy to provide this service. The resort uses Amstar which they are affiliated with and have a representative in the lobby of the hotel.

The hotel is located in a gated community which contains many condos and timeshares and an interconnecting web of waterfront channels with docks, stores, shops, and restaurants. The resort is at the very back of this community but one can easily walk throughout the community without a need for transportation.

The remote location made it such that you need a taxi to travel off site.

3. Accommodations - The rooms were nice with the usual amenities. The bathrooms had walk in showers without tubs. The floors of the room were tiled which made for a slipping hazard with young children. The back patio was nice and contained a hammock. We had rooms overlooking the adult section on the ground floor. They called these "garden rooms". The first night we were given a room which developed a substantial water leak from the ceiling. The staff were very accommodating and reassigned our room the next day.

4. Service - this to me was the highlight of the resort. The staff were all extremely nice and provided great service. If you asked for something special every attempt was made to accommodate your needs. Most spoke English well enough although some could not.

5. Restaurants - There are several restaurants in your "all inclusive" package including a seafood, italian, mexican, world cafe buffet, sushi, and an outside covered terrace that served a sit-down cuisine. All drinks (alcoholic and otherwise) and food were covered as all inclusive. There were also several bars scattered throughout the resort and a coffee shop. We ate at each of these except the sushi bar as we were told that a waiver was first required due to the raw fish. We were all happy with the food and service. Some of the restaurants seemed to have the same menus each day.

6. Activities/Weather - It rained the first few days of our trip. You could swim in the pools and ocean in the rain but all of the water sports (jet ski, catamarans, kayaks, etc) were not allowed due to the weather. Each day had a list of scheduled activities (classes, water aerobics, etc) and there were alternative activities for rain days. Each night there was a show. I found these shows to be hit or miss with some being quite good and others mediocre. Some days for lunch or dinner the staff would make a large meal and have activities on the beach. Our last night they did a large Caribbean buffet on the beach with a show that followed. This experience was very nice.

7. Extras - We took advantage of the Spa which was associated with extra fees. The spa facilities were simple but nice. My wife and I also did the "romantic dinner" where the staff prepared a multi course dinner of your choosing on the beach. The dinner was very good although I am not sure that it was worth the $250 USD price. You are given coupons at check in that can be used for activities such as the spa, romantic dinner, etc. They range in discount.

8. Illness - My wife and I both developed traveler's related illnesses while at the resort. This is almost certainly associated with contaminated food although we both drank only bottled water and tried to avoid uncooked food. There is a doctor's office onsite which claims 24/7 availability although this was not used. There is also a pharmacy in the community.

9. Traveling with a toddler - we took a carseat with us although most of the taxis did not have an easy way to install (no LATCH system). The hotel also had a carseat which could be loaned. The resort made every attempt to accommodate families and there were many younger children.

10. Excursions - There were several that were advertised but we did not participate. All required extra fees. The resort also has a dolphin experience that can be purchased where you swim or kayak with the dolphins.

11. Summary: Overall I enjoyed my time at the resort and would stay at this or another Dreams resort again. The poor weather and illness were the worst part of the trip and only the latter may have been associated with the actual resort. The staff, service, and food were great. Next time I will probably pick a resort closer to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

We truly appreciate every comment and feedback gave to us. It's great to know you enjoyed all the services we offer and had a great time. We would like to highlight your comment regarding your sickness. We here at Dreams ensure The CRISTAL Food Safety System which assists hotels in producing safe and hygienic food for consumption by guests. The Cristal system is based on the recognized method of hygiene management as known as HACCP. Today this process is recommended by the World Health Organization and Governments worldwide to ensure safe food and beverage hygiene.

Thank you once again and hope to have the opportunity to welcome back again here at your home away from home.

Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel set in a gated community - about an hour's drive from Cancun airport.

We booked a dolphin delux room as children wanted to watch the dolphins. The rooms on the dolphin side of the hotel overlook the adult section of the hotel and are therefore far quieter than rooms overlooking the family side (also sea view rooms). Most of the evening entertainment takes place on the family/sea side of the hotel. Our room overlooked the dolphin and marina with the added bonus of the sea view going out of the marina. View was not obstructed by trees (5th floor)

Room service was an absolute God send. Many of the excusions leave the hotel at 7.20am which did not leave time for breakfast. The ability of being able to arrange a wake up call and room service to be delivered before we left was fantastic.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Air conditioning worked well and was effective. Fantastic rain shower in the bathroom.

Safe in room was part of the package - set your own code on locking.

Mini bar was sparse but sufficient - 4 beers, soft drinks, and water. Replenished daily,

Food at the hotel was above normal all inclusive standard. The buffet restaurant is as you would expect with a wide variety of choice - both hot and cold. The other speciality restaurants provided very nice food.

Staff were extremely courteous throughout the hotel and all kee to ensure everybody was happy. On site coffee shop serving frappucinos, lattes etc is more than enough to keep coffee buffs happy,

Drinks all brand name and all staff happy to oblige.

Entertainment is there if you want it, but thankfully not in your face if you don't want it!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly consider other Dreams resorts on the basis of our stay here,

Room Tip: As has been said before - go for a higher room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Puerto Aventuras for your recent visit to Mexico. I was pleased to read your glowing review and you would visit us again.

I am also pleased to hear your family had a chance to experience all the services and facilities we offer.

Again, thank you once again. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!