I have been waiting to write this review!
Here are some really great tips, for your stay.
1. Do not rely on electronic copies, please bring paper copies of everything with you.
2. Use the massage therapists just off to the left.
3. Enjoy yourself!
The service at this resort is more than outstanding. Noe, Silvia, and Gaby really deserve kudos. They were consistent, hardworking, and always had a smile on their face. They are what makes this place work staying. Virginia our house keeper was in our room several times a day. Wow. Service here is 5 stars. Noe didn't stop moving. Silvia never stopped trying to accommodate us. Gaby made the best burgers and with such an amazing attitude!
The first day was overcast and the spa was doing a special. The prices at the spa are astronomical and ridiculous. I mean seriously dreams. Ridiculous. I Did purchase a special and had a great massage by Sandra. I regularly get massages and hate spa massages. Sandra was fantastic and very strong. She was so good! My family actually purchased a 80 min massage for me as a thank you and requested her for me. I was so so very relaxed. My brother and husband got massages that are not affiliated with the hotel off the beach. The prices were a fraction of the cost and really good. The spa itself is very nice and I would recommend that mom get a treatment done while away.
I found the food delicious and tried every hotel. We do eat a lot of Mexican cuisine and we found the Mexican cuisine the least appealing. Breakfast was my favorite, tortillas, chorizo, eggs, yum. Their juices are
delicious! I found every restaurant had something for everyone. We had our special family evening at portofinos with a few bottles of champagne. It was special and sweet.
We had a ground level floor room and it opened to the pool. This for a family is absolutely perfect. We just went to the beach or pool and walked in when needed. Security was not an issue at all. I felt super safe. The room was cleaned several times a day and I did tip because we were a mess!
There was a mold smell to the room bit it was fine. They were constantly cleaning it.
The only minus to this place, honestly...the concierges and the front desk staff. What an unpleasant experience. While I did have some pleasant experiences with a wonderful lady at the concierge with more of a British accent, she was the only competent person I worked with. The front desk gentleman
Really needs a re-training on customer service. I came after some people in our party and did not like the way he was talking to them. A few people would flutter by and show him what is going wrong and it would seem to get better. I had to produce paper documents several times. After a long trip, this is the last thing I wanted. They did come by with a glass of champagne and that did help.
I have traveled through 9 countries in the last 3 years. I would highly recommend this place for families with children and large groups.
Overall it was relaxing and enjoyable. I think dreams needs to retrain their office staff or the person in charge needs to take some responsibility.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive Riviera Maya, Mexico