“Perfect for families and groups!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
San Francisco, California
“Perfect for families and groups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been waiting to write this review!

Here are some really great tips, for your stay.
1. Do not rely on electronic copies, please bring paper copies of everything with you.
2. Use the massage therapists just off to the left.
3. Enjoy yourself!

The service at this resort is more than outstanding. Noe, Silvia, and Gaby really deserve kudos. They were consistent, hardworking, and always had a smile on their face. They are what makes this place work staying. Virginia our house keeper was in our room several times a day. Wow. Service here is 5 stars. Noe didn't stop moving. Silvia never stopped trying to accommodate us. Gaby made the best burgers and with such an amazing attitude!

The first day was overcast and the spa was doing a special. The prices at the spa are astronomical and ridiculous. I mean seriously dreams. Ridiculous. I Did purchase a special and had a great massage by Sandra. I regularly get massages and hate spa massages. Sandra was fantastic and very strong. She was so good! My family actually purchased a 80 min massage for me as a thank you and requested her for me. I was so so very relaxed. My brother and husband got massages that are not affiliated with the hotel off the beach. The prices were a fraction of the cost and really good. The spa itself is very nice and I would recommend that mom get a treatment done while away.

I found the food delicious and tried every hotel. We do eat a lot of Mexican cuisine and we found the Mexican cuisine the least appealing. Breakfast was my favorite, tortillas, chorizo, eggs, yum. Their juices are
delicious! I found every restaurant had something for everyone. We had our special family evening at portofinos with a few bottles of champagne. It was special and sweet.

We had a ground level floor room and it opened to the pool. This for a family is absolutely perfect. We just went to the beach or pool and walked in when needed. Security was not an issue at all. I felt super safe. The room was cleaned several times a day and I did tip because we were a mess!
There was a mold smell to the room bit it was fine. They were constantly cleaning it.

The only minus to this place, honestly...the concierges and the front desk staff. What an unpleasant experience. While I did have some pleasant experiences with a wonderful lady at the concierge with more of a British accent, she was the only competent person I worked with. The front desk gentleman
Really needs a re-training on customer service. I came after some people in our party and did not like the way he was talking to them. A few people would flutter by and show him what is going wrong and it would seem to get better. I had to produce paper documents several times. After a long trip, this is the last thing I wanted. They did come by with a glass of champagne and that did help.

I have traveled through 9 countries in the last 3 years. I would highly recommend this place for families with children and large groups.

Overall it was relaxing and enjoyable. I think dreams needs to retrain their office staff or the person in charge needs to take some responsibility.

• Stayed January 2014
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear statey,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you feedback with us following your recent stay at our resort. We are especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and would recommend us!

Please accept our apologies for not having exceeded your expectations in all aspects of your stay. We truly understand the importance of guest feedback and all of your comments, both postive and constructive, will be shared with our management team in order to be addressed and where necessary improved.

We are extremely concerned by the comments shared regarding our front desk and concierge staff. This behaviour is by no means in keeping with the levels of customer service we have to offer and will most definitely be acted upon. It was my personal pleasure to have been able to assist you during your stay.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcome you back once again in the future where we are confident that we will surpass your expectations in every aspect.

2,214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I would say that Jenny C's review of this resort was spot on, so I will only add a few extra points in my review.
We went with family (us, 3 kids and 2 grandkids) and our general concensus was that this had to be one of our best vacations ever!
Credits: Some of the best all-inclusive food, Staff incredibly friendly. We upgraded to a higher floor, (#518) and the view was spectacular from our wrap-around porch. Antony at the front desk was very helpful. Entertainment staff deserve high marks. Other great people: Bautista, Gisela, Mitzy, Rapheal and many more!
Debits: El Patio was least favorite restaurant. Resort credits they give you are a joke, since they are more of a discount than anything free. Loud, thumping music noise coming up through our walls until very late at night was annoying. The town nearby was a rip-off... $26 for 6 tacos and no room to haggle! Beach was nice but small.
The overall recommendation would be very high, simply because of the friendliness of almost all the staff! My wish would be for people who come here for vacation to be a little more respectful towards the staff. We are being pampered by human beings who tolerate our rudeness admireably without complaint. I understand it is their job, but most seem genuinely interested in providing us the best experience possible.
Kudos to Dreams for doing it right!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 5th floor. Anything lower, and the view is blocked by palm trees.
Dear jnhort,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community following your recent family vacation at our resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and that you were able to experience the high levels service and quality that we are known for.

We are in the process of updating our Mexican restaurant's menu and we are confident that on any future visit you will be more than satisfied with the new offerings! We apologize for not having fulfilled your expectations in this area during your recent visit.

It would be our pleasure to have the honor of welcoming you all back here with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Hope
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We just returned from a two week vacation at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food is very good, with a good variety. The Gohan sushi bar is a nice change.Fish tacos at the seaside Grill were delicious.The staff were all wonderful! Thank you Bettina for keeping our room so nice and clean. It was so nice to see Sylvia's smiling face at the World cafe every morning. The beach waiters were fantastic Noe,who later moved to the Seaside Grill and was just as good there. Gary really hustled to keep our drinks fresh and recommended virgin drinks for ourtwo grandsons ages 7 and 11. Anjelica is another beach waiter we enjoyed talking to. Sorry I don't remember all their names but they were all great.
Our room on the Dolphin view side was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We had a couple of small problems ,our safe wouldn't work one day and someone came within 10 minutes and fixed it. Same thing with the TV remote. All in all a great vacation and would certainly go back. It was nice to take the short walk to the marina area to the shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Dolphin view rooms are quiet
Dear kr01,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyedy your stay here with us and please rest assured that your glowing feedback will be shared with our entire team, especially those staff members that you took the time to personally mention. They are truly an asset to our team and they will be pleased to hear that their efforts were recognized and appreciated by yourself.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Kind regards,

E.Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Loved the hotel, rooms were beautiful, service was really good. Excellent room service. Didn't realize when we booked they had captive dolphins. Disappointing as I love Dreams resorts but won't visit again after seeing the dolphins kept captive. Pretty sad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

First and foremost we would like to apologize that you were not made aware of our Dolphin Dreams area when booking your vacation. Dolphin Discovery is ranked among the top dolphinariums in the world and is an organizational member of the International Marine Animal Trainers Association IMATA. It also has the H hallmark and has been recognized as a Socially Responsible Company for the 4th consecutive year. All of our dolphins were born under human care as part of the high successful Dolphin Dreams breeding program.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and for the kind comments shared within your review regarding our resort.

We are sorry that you have formed such a negative perception of our resort based on just one area and we hope that you will choose to return here with us once again in the future.

E.Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My girlfriends and I had the trip of a lifetime here!! This was a special trip to celebrate all of us turning 30, and this place did not disappoint. Some of my friends had never been to an all-inclusive resort before - I told them they have now been ruined for all other resorts, as nothing else will ever compare. As someone who has been to my share of all-inclusive places (I've been 4 times to Mexico, three times to the DR and twice to Cuba), I can confidently say that this one knocked them all out of the park. Here's the #1 reason why:

Size: This place is small - and that makes such a difference! Some people love the utterly enormous, cruise-ship-on-land, mass-produced-type experiences. Hey, if that's your thing, knock yourself out! But if you've been to the big box, cookie-cutter resorts, and after the thousandth time you subject yourself to yet another Michael Jackson impersonator, or get lost riding the 15 minute trolley ride from your room to the beach, and you're wondering, maybe there's something better out there? Trust me, there is!

At Dreams PA, the following is true:

-You will never, ever have trouble finding a lounge chair on the beach.
-The service will blow. your. mind. Not only will you never have trouble finding a lounge chair on the beach, but while you are lounging on said chair, the wait staff will come around and take your drink order. This will happen EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
-Wrist bracelets, what are those? You are a valued guest at Dreams, not tagged cattle. No wrist bands needed.
-Same goes for towel cards. Did you forget your towel on your lounge chair? That's ok, you can just grab another one! And p.s. in the night time, if it cools off and you forget your cardie in your room, you can just grab a fresh towel to wrap around your shoulders (they warm them up! They're so cozy!)
-You do not need reservations for a la carte restaurants. I repeat. You do NOT need reservations for a la carte restaurants. You can go to the a la cartes for lunch, or dinner, or both. EVERY DAY. And guess what? Not that you needed to ask, because you know I'm going to tell you. The food is AWESOME.
-You will learn the names of all the amazing staff, and and they will learn your names too. You will actually MISS THEM when it's time to leave.
-You will also get to know other guests - and run into them from time to time, and catch up like you're already old friends! The resort becomes a total community. Within a few days, you will feel like this is your second home.
-Did I mention this place has free wi-fi? Like, everywhere. Like, in your room. Or when you're lounging poolside. Or stretched out on the beach. And it's fast. Here's a hint - it's because there aren't thousands of people competing for bandwidth.
-No nickle-and-diming. There are no stupid charges such as a charge to use the safe each day. This place treats you the way you should be treated as a valued customer, including understanding what ALL-inclusive really means.
-The entertainment will actually leave you impressed (even if you've done the all-inclusive thing a dozen times before). One reason is, the entertainment staff make the effort to utilize the beach area at night. This means, weather permitting, you are watching a fire show, or a Rock of Ages-type show, or having a Mexican fiesta ON THE BEACH, rather than in a dark, freezing, over-air-conditioned theatre.
-Impeccable attention to detail. Like, leaving you cozy robes and fuzzy slippers in your room. And free turn-down service every night. Like, who does that?
-The hotel bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. I'm not kidding.
-There is a dive and snorkel shop at the resort, with another great set of staff. A couple of my friends had never been snorkeling before, so the staff took them out for a lesson and got them really comfortable with the masks and flippers before we actually went out in the boat. Such attentiveness - I've never encountered that before!
-The Barracuda bar. Can't explain - just go, and enjoy it for me.

Lest you think this place is total perfection, and you get your hopes up in all the wrong ways, I'll be honest about a few things that could be a potential negative:

-if children aren't your favourite, just be forewarned, there are lots of kiddies here. (On the flip side, if you have kids, then this is a great place to bring them!)
-the nightlife was not SO exciting. There is a bar at the resort, and don't get me wrong, we had some fun times there - but, on at least one occasion the bar was kept open just because my friends and I were the only ones in there dancing. Since there are a lot of families, and also just because there aren't high volumes of tourists arriving here each day, it got a bit quiet at night.
-the resort is a bit dated. Having said that, the rooms have been given a refresh, and our room was fantastic (see above comment about my bed!) But, if for instance you're looking for that WOW feeling that comes with the uber-grand resort entrance when you first arrive, you may be a bit disappointed. But you know what? I've stayed at places with the uber-grand resort entrance, and sometimes, "that was an uber-grand resort entrance" is the nicest thing you can say about a place.

Dreams PA has a LOT more to offer.

Obviously, I can't recommend it enough. Just go!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jenny C,

We can't say how pleased we are to read such glowing comments from a guest. We are thrilled that you were able to experience and enjoy so many different aspects of the Unlimited Luxury that we have to offer and we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and the tripadvisor community.

Comments such as yours serve as true inspiration to our team as they thrive on guest satisfaction. Please rest assured that your constructive comments will most definitely be acted upon.

We truly hope to have the pleasure and honor of welcoming you back once again in the near future where we can ensure that we will do all we can to make sure that your next vacation was every bit as special as this one!

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were a bit apprehensive about this place because of some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, but I am very happy to report that our experience was fantastic! It started off suspicious when the family room that we booked was not available when we arrived (how does that happen, right?) so they upgraded us to the preferred club on 7th floor. I suspect this is a typical marketing ploy for Dreams, and it worked on us. We were quite comfortable in the penthouse suite even though it cost us $50 per night extra after some hard negotiating with the front desk. After we had that settled, all was great. The food and drink was great with lots of variety - especially the steady supply of pink panther and Miami Vice kids drinks. One of the highlights was when the servers surprised my 12 year old son with a small cake in the Seaside cafe to celebrate his birthday. I made a request for something special and they delivered!

The pool and beach provided hours of entertainment for my kids. The Entertainment team always had some fun activity going, and the nightly entertainment was pretty decent (except for the "magician" Keops - he was horrible). The resort held a first class Superbowl party on the beach as part of the week-long entertainment (I will try to add a video of this special event). The on-site scuba shop Pro Dive was also fantastic (see my other review on Trip Advisor). All of the staff were wonderful: from the entertainment team (Javi was hilarious) to the servers (Miguel in the Sushi restaurant was our favourite) to the cleaners and room service. Dreams PV also served as a good launch point for a few day trips that we booked. Lots of positives to say about this place, and only a few negatives that aren't worth writing about. Feel free to send me a message if you have a specific question about this resort.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite (7th floor) was worth the upgrade for us.
Dear 68paul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent family vacation at our resort and we truly appreciate you taking the time to offer to answer future guests questions. Many guests often tell us that they find past guests' experiences extremely useful when choosing a resort.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences or bad impressions caused at the moment of check in here with us. We are pleased to here that this situation did not dampen your overall experience.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team, especially with Javi and Miguel. They will be particularly pleased to hear that their efforts were recognized.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you all back here with us in the future once again,

Kind Regards,

Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Visited Dreams PA for the sixth year. It was a wonderful two week vacation where the entire staff just spoils us and works so hard to make sure we have a memorable vacation. From Señor Juan in the world buffet to Willi and Manuel at the Barracuda everyone is in it to make sure you enjoy yourself. The weather was a little cooler this year, but it never stopped us from having a great day on the beach, in the pool or hot tub. Each year they try to improve their hotel and the Cocoa Cafe was a wonderful addition. The cookies were delicious and the coffee (loved the Latte) was great any time of day...The entertainment team worked hard to keep everyone busy and the evening shows were entertaining. Love the location right on the water with a small swimming beach and ability to snorkel. The gated community is a real plus and the village itself is an easy walk to explore and watch the dolphins, manatee and sea lions. It is a place where we go to relax, enjoy, avoid the phone and TV. The hotel is fairly small and you get to meet many different people from all over the world. All in all it makes for a super vacation. Hopefully, we will be back next year!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. The marina side is beautiful and the ocean view is also outstanding.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann3020,

Once again we truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your vacation here with us. As we continually mention we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with our outstanding service.

We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the Coco Cafe, our newest addition to the resort.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back once again next year for yet another wonderful vacation in Dreams Puerto Aventuras, your home away from home!

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!