“Holiday of a lifetime! we will be back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Holiday of a lifetime! we will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I do feel that the 1 and 2 star review writers for this hotel must have stayed in another part of the hotel that we never ventured into as we had the best holiday of our lives!

Before we went to Dreams PA I had been avidly reading the reviews and was starting to get a bit concerned but I am pleased to report they were wholly unfounded in my opinion after our 9 night stay in the resort.

My husband and I took my mother and younger brother there and had fab service from start to finish. It knocked spots off the all suite 5* resort we stayed in last year and we will be re-booking to take our extended family there next year (something I never thought I would say as we tend to only visit the same place once).

Rooms
We booked garden view rooms (1 King and 1 twin) and were delighted to be placed in Dolphin view rooms. Our King room was huge with a wonderful walk in shower and spacious vanity area. We then had a staircase to a mezzanine with another lounge area with additional TV and downstairs a fantastic king sized bed with plenty of desk, wardrobe and storage space. We had a wonderful balcony overlooking the marina and it was bliss to sit out there after a day at the pool and enjoy a drink from the mini bar or some chips and salsa from room service.
My mother and brother shared a twin room and enjoyed having 'proper' beds. in the UK a twin room would mean two singles, in Mexico it means two doubles! They also had a sofa seating area and being on the ground floor they had a terrace with chairs and table and a hammock! The rooms were cleaned every day to a high standard. I don't really sit in my room waiting to find out what time they come and clean it, clearly this is an issue for some people, but we were out having a great time and the rooms were always done whenever we returned so we were happy. There was also a towel and turn down service later on in the evening if you wanted it. Air con worked perfectly and consistently - good enough for me.

Pools + Beach
Perfect! An adults only area with swim up pool if you have an aversion to children or another family friendly pool with entertainment if you don't mind them! The family pool (I say family - there were never more than about 5 very well behaved children in the huge pool at once) is right next to the beach and we loved being able to go fro a dip in the pool if we were on the beach without having to pack up and move. If you want a quieter area of the beach you can head up to where the gazebo is or round to the bar with swings - there are plenty of spaces! Noe and Charlie were our favourite beach servers and kept us topped up with lovely cocktails and water.
I will mention children here as from the reviews you would think it was really a nursery! It isn't - we barely saw any of them. Occasionally we saw children in the Explorers club and they seemed to be having a ball with various activities.

Entertainment
The team are great and they have SO much energy. Even a cynical Brit like me found myself joining in Karaoke, Water Aerobics in the sea and beach volley ball games - great fun! There is plenty to do if you wish to - we had one rainy day and they had a brilliant 'rain' programme to keep everyone entertained. They even opened the Sports bar early in the morning so my husband and brother could watch some premier league!

Great choice, great variety - we were there 9 nights and never ate the same thing twice. The quality is excellent and they are happy to alter things if you need them to (my mother is allergic to various things) all their menus were listed with dairy and gluten free items which was extremely helpful. One of the highlights for me was having a Mayan Coffee in El Patio - have a look on youtube - it was amazing and VERY potent :) Portofino was exquisite! The Seafood Grill was perfectly fine but not our favourite - Oceana was great and Gus our waiter was very good indeed in dealing with my husbands seafood allergies (no easy feat in a seafood restaurant.....)
Breakfast was a delight - so much choice and with great room service options if you fancied a lazier start to your day.
Room service menu was extensive and unlike other AI hotels i've stayed in there was no tray charge - it really is ALL INCLUSIVE! the food was brought within the time they specified - often sooner and was always piping hot!

My mother had arrived in resort feeling slightly unwell and the room service team were so helpful to her in the night bringing her various things (I bet they don't get too many orders for sugar, water and salt!) so she could control her blood sugar and hydration.

General Facilities
There are always people maintaining the building- keeping everything down to the ash trays immaculate. Many people have commented on the run down nature of the building which I strongly disagree with. The building has character and soul! If you want one of the shiny glass box type buildings then go to New York. Part of the charm of this building was the architectural style for me. I loved the open foyer and the walk ways outside the rooms. The landscaping was beautiful too.

Dophin Swim - I didn't think I would love it, but I totally loved it! You can walk around the marina at any time of the day and see them playing and having fun - my brother did the Royal Swim and had a ball. He would recommend it to anyone. With people who are bothered about algae etc - it is in a marina, not a concrete swimming pool like seaworld so you may be exposed to some nature!

Off site activities
The boys played golf and tennis at the PA club (not part of the hotel) and said it was good value and with great people. The course was perfect for them and although it was a 10min walk they will come and pick you up if you want them to!

My husband and I went on a Catamaya trip booked thought our AMstar rep (also lovely!) and it was brilliant! I saw a turtle whilst snorkelling and the food and drink was brilliant.

Staff
What can I say? top notch! Everything surpassed our expectations. A few mentions for people I can remember
Ingrid our concierge- when we needed to call out a doctor for my mother she was brilliant and continued to check in on her for our whole stay. She explained everything to us with regards to pricing so we knew what was happening. Charlie in F&B - I never saw him without a smile! Noe - brilliant drinks service.
Demer and Luisa who kept our rooms so beautifully clean and tidy (no easy feat!) and to Mercedes in the spa who gives the best massages!

Overall this holiday was heavenly. Go and enjoy it!

Room Tip: We were in 315 and our room was quiet but with a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Nadenoodlee,

We truly appreciate the time you taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. We are delighted to hear that your whole family enjoyed their time here with us.

It is always extremely pleasing for us to hear when our guests have had the chance to experience and enjoy so many different aspects of the Unlimited Luxury we have to offer.

It was an honor for us to have had the chance to host you all and we hope to have the chance to do so once again in the near future.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was the best vacation we had ever gone on. (and we vacation once twice a year) The resort was beautiful the beach, pool and all of its surrounds were just amazing!!! The Staff there are not enough words!!! My daughter got an infection from he earring and the first aid staff checked up on her daily and cleaned her ear twice a day and just with the most caring attitude! Daniel in security, Jennifer mgr of the rooms, Edwin in the buffet, the list goes on and on!! We were pampered from the moment we got there to the moment we left! We will certainly be back very soon!!! Loved Loved Loved the hospitality of this resort!!!

Room Tip: Chose a room higher than the 4th floor so you can get a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear mariya v,

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us following your recent stay here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and were able to experience the high levels of service and quality that we are known for.
We truly hope your daughter is feeling much better now.

It would be an honor to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras from Oct 6 to Oct 13 and had an amazing time overall. The fact that our room was not ready at the indicated check in time but 2 hours later and that we had to move to another one in the middle of our stay(which was also the day a friend was having her wedding ceremony) and that I had to ask 3 times at the reception for some pillows and blankets until they brought it was not what I expected and was a little upset. What made my stay so great though was the service outside of the hotel. Everybody was extremely friendly and knew our names and knew how to make you feel special. The entertainment guys were amazing and working really hard to involve everyone in their activities and have a good time. They organized different activities on the beach from volleyball to water aerobics to bringing everybody together to make a taco. At night at the bar they would bring everybody to dance together and have fun. They wouldn't stop working from morning to night and their enthusiasm was contagious,especially Victor's! So big thank you Jesus, Victor and Giovani , you guys are the best, especially Jesus! I would recommend this resort if you like outdoor activities and great service and do not care too much about minor issues that I mentioned before. I would go back anytime :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear 4011OrangeCafe,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us here on Tripadvisor. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with and at the same time ocncerned to hear that our facilities did not meet with your full approval. All guest feedback, both positive and negative, allows us the opportunity to improve our services. We truly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced however we are delighted that this did not dampen your overall experience here with us.

Our entertainment will be thrilled to hear such wonderful comments regarding their service.

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back once again in the near future and we are confident that on any future stay here with us we will be able to exceed your expectations in absolutely every aspect.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

great vacation with son in college, was afraid it would have too many little kids, but we had an awesome time. swam with the dolphins, had great food, he enjoyed the drinks. the ride from the airport was okay.

Room Tip: you can get a room tolook out on the dolphins
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear bgill1,

We are so pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your stay here with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back here with us soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my third all inclusive resort this year and it was fabulous. We had a deluxe ocean view room that overlooked the pool and beach area. It contained a king size bed, couch and free safe. Activities at the beach/pool area often ran late into the night so be cautious when booking if concerned about noise levels. We had free wifi, soda, H2O and beer replenished daily in our refrigerator. Spa goodies including shampoo, soap, razor, etc were also replenished often. We were given robes and slippers during our stay as well. The fitness center was nice with atleast 6 cardio machines and over a half dozen weight machines. They kept the area stocked with towels, snacks and beverages. We traveled in late Sept, early October, which is not a busy season for the resort. Therefore we had our selection of beach chairs and shaded areas. We were lucky to have absolutely gorgeous weather, considering it was hurricane season.
The ocean is private, off of a reef. There are no waves. It is mostly calm water that you can raft, snorkel or ride the canoes and/or catamarans easily (all free of charge.) Staff was very friendly. Mostly Americans at this resort the week we stayed there. Very couple friendly as many weddings were occurring during our stay. Also kid friendly as they maintained daily kid activities and daycare staff.
The Italian restaurant and Seaside Grill had excellent food. Some of the restaurants were not open every evening. Unsure if this was due to the season we traveled or if it is like this all year round. Breakfast choices could have been better. Some top shelf alcohol.
The staff was very friendly and helpful at the resort. We traveled using a tour group Olympus Tours, which was excellent as well. Catered to our every need. If you want to do the dolphin swim, check out the Dolpinarium two miles down the road. Water was clear unlike the lagoon at the resort the dolphin and manatee are kept in.
Would highly recommend this Dreams resort to couples and families. Hoping to revisit soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view deluxe was our preference
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Brandy A,

We appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review with the Tripadvisor community following your recent stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team. As professionals in the service industry we know that our guests feedback is very valuable, and the key to allow the constant improvement in order to reach an enduring high quality level in services.

We apologize if you felt the water in our marina dolphinarium was not as transparent as in other external artificial dolphinariums. We can ensure that the water is cleaned on an extremely frequent basis in order to maintain optimum conditions for the dolphins. We apologize for any bad impressions that may have been caused.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here with us soon.

Toronto , Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family stayed at this resort for 6 days and 5 nights starting September 25th.
Let me just start off by saying that we're not hard to impress AT ALL. The things most people complain about on here, we find absolutely ridiculous, however, we do have some complaints about this trip.

The hotel is probably an hour or more away from the airport. Check-in was fairly quick, there was no lineup at the desk. We were greeted with a cold towel and a fruity drink which was refreshing on a hot summer day like it was.

We were given a room on the very first floor at first, however we were able to upgrade to a room on the 6th floor (at an additional cost per day) by slipping the man at the front desk a $20. Everything was going fine, until one night, the people in the room next door decided it would be a good idea to smoke inside. All night, they smoked, drank, sang, and threw up (yes we could hear it all through the walls) even after we politely asked them to stop. The next day, we were moved to another room on the 2nd floor, which we didn't mind as we realized it was actually a lot more accessible to things and a little quieter even though it was right beside the theatre. I came home one day to about four men in our room, fixing a leak. They said we were gonna have to move rooms again, but after saying we were leaving tomorrow (which we were) and that we'd already moved (which we did), the men worked hard to fix the leak. Props to them. The rooms in general were okay. One thing that we found a little weird was the fact that the bathroom door slides open, and there's no lock on it. This meant that every time we went to the bathroom, we would have to announce it to our family members. It wasn't that big of a deal, just something we didn't think was very well thought-out. The beds were wet because of the humidity. It was disgusting. Otherwise, they were clean and the maids did a good job keeping them clean.

The staff was absolutely amazing. Everyone truly cared about you and would constantly ask how you were doing. Jesus and Victor from the entertainment team were great. They tried really hard to make sure we had a good time. The movies on the beach were my favourite part of the night. The shows? Not so much. They just looked really cheap, and were pretty much all singing and dancing. The schedules that were posted daily wouldn't correspond with what the staff thought would be happening, which was absolutely ridiculous and unorganized. Don't expect anything to start on time there either - it's a one in a million chance. The only good show they had was some comedy musical show. I don't remember what it was called, but it was better than the others we saw.

The food was terrible. Like I said, we're not hard to impress - we eat practically everything. However, the lack of variety here was saddening. The food was always cold as well, which may have had something to do with its lack of flavour. For breakfast, you had to go to the breakfast buffet, which was probably the most decent meal of the day. All I ever managed to eat were the eggs and yogurt - the hashbrowns, waffles, pancakes, and fruit (my favourite breakfast foods)? Don't even bother. It tastes dry or has no flavour whatsoever. The fruits didn't seem fresh. Lunch was okay because we didn't eat it. We had a burger once - never again. Disgustingly greasy. Dinner was the major problem. They'd only have a few restaurants open a night, and on our last night, we really wanted to have a special meal all together in a nice A La Carte restaurant. Did that happen? Nope. The sushi restaurant was closed, as was the Italian. The Mediterranean was having an "adults only" night (Seriously? Just make it an adults resort if you're going to do that), and the grill by the beach wasn't one of our favourites. We had dinner there on our first night and had to stand in line, waiting to be seated for 20 minutes, followed by waiting at our seats for half an our just to get a menu. The lineup for the Mexican restaurant was absolutely insane, so we sucked it up and had to stick to the buffet food, which we weren't fans of. The only thing we ever ate there was salad. The Italian restaurant (Porto Fino) however, is absolutely fantastic. Have dinner there every night - I would if I went back. The wait staff it always excellent however, despite the terrible food. The little café in the lobby was nice too - we went there every night for dessert and I had a chocolate banana tart, which was heavenly.

The beach was nice, there were barely ever any people there so you didn't have to fight for beach chairs. There were people walking around and waiting on you, asking you if you needed drinks. They did a good job, but the drinks at the bar weren't that great - a little too sugary for our liking. The water was nice, and the water trampoline was fun - until we were told it was only for kids up to 12 years old.

The pool area was nice too. Although the pool seems small in the pictures, it's a decent size as there aren't many people at the resort in the first place. It's fairly small in general. I wish the water could've been a bit colder though for those extremely hot days.
We lucked out on weather this time around since we went during rain season, but we didn't luck out on our choice of resort. It wasn't all bad, I did mention some pros, however I just wouldn't go back.

If food isn't important to you, and things starting on time isn't either, then go for it. The staff will make up for it as they truly are amazing. Props to them.

Check-out took a while as there was a lineup, but it didn't matter too much as we aren't very impatient.

One more thing I'd like to mention that was actually fairly unique was the tour we got of the hotel when we first arrived. One of the staff members showed us around and explained everything to us, which had never happened before. It gave us a chance directly to ask any questions, and see everything at a glance instead of walking around aimlessly.

Overall, a decent trip. Would be nice if the food was a bit better, restaurants were ALWAYS open (not just some nights), if schedules were synchronized, and shows were better. Otherwise, fantastic. See you next year, Mexico.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear IHEARTMEXICO45,

We appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailled review with us and the Tripadvisor community following your recent stay here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. All feedback is shared with our executive team in order to be addressed and where necessary improved.

You may understand that when it comes to food, taste and perception are involved and it is always difficult to get a 100% of satisfaction, but this does not stop us from continuously looking for ways to improve. We can guarantee you that we will continue challenging ourselves so our guests enjoy our food and all of our guests' feedback is precious for this continuous process. Our restaurants are open on a rotation basis which is detailed within our daily Sundial newsletter available with out concierge team. We apologize if this information was not made clear to you.

As we are a family orientated resort, we do offer a quiet area for those guests travelling without children which includes our Seafood restaurant. Again we are sorry if this inconvenienced you at any time. In order to increase gust satisfaction we have chosen to open this restaurant two nights a week for families however it remains an adults only restaurant at all other times.

Again, we apologize for any bad impressions, as we pride ourselves in guest service and strive for overall guest satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit and can ensure that we will do our very best to fulfill your requirements and demonstrate the type of high quality services we uphold here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are confident that in any future stay with us we will surpass expectations.

econcierge,drepa@dreamsresorts.com
New Richmond, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at Dreams from September 28 - October 6. This was our 4th visit to resort. We have always enjoyed our time there, and this was no exception. Apparently, new management has taken over Dreams and have made the resort even better. First and foremost, the service here is extraordinary. From the first interaction with the bellhops and front desk people, to the wait staff and bartenders and maid, everyone is so friendly and hard-working. Special shout out to Juan, the manager at the the World Cafe; Araceli, our waitress there at breakfast; Diane, the hostess there at breakfast; Eunice, our waitress there at dinner; Mariella, the hostess; everyone at Portofinos (cannot remember our waiter's name, but he was great); our wonderful bartenders, Domingo, Ramon, Jesus, and Felipe; Little Juan, who always had a smile on his face; and finally Fausto, who seems to take care of everything. Entertainment staff was excellent and we loved the brothers at the pottery painting. We always pick a resort where there is painting and the brothers bent over backwards to accomodate, staying late and coming in on Sunday to drop off our finished paintings. Food was very good, drinks flowed freely, and we loved the new coffee shop in the mornings where we could get an excellent latte. We will see you next year! Chris and Kris

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris and Kris,

Thank you for once again taking the time to share your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor.

We highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with our outstanding service. The staff members that you took the time to mention within the review will be delighted that their efforts were recognized and we are extremely pleased that you had the chance to experience and enjoy our brand new coco cafe!

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions and we will be happy to make every stay special for you.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!