“Great location for families and lots of activities! Beware of extra costs though!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Dreams PA in April 2013 during spring break. This was our first time in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. The hotel was referred to us by our travel agent. I've heard hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya can be super huge where you need to take a tram just to get to the beach. This hotel is not like that. The hotel is on the smaller side (300 rooms or so). Most rooms have either an ocean view or a marina view, also overlooking the dolphin area. Our first room (ocean view) was just okay as it was right above the lounge and very loud from 10pm on. We vacationed with our twin boys and everyone in our family wasn't happy when it was getting close to midnight and the music and people were very loud below us. The hotel was accomodating to move us to another ocean view room but we couldn't move for a few days. The second room was much better! On the 5th floor and much better views and most importantly much quieter! The restaurants were great and I liked that you didn't need to make reservations to eat at them. You just showed up and they would seat you. I heard that other families had a wait to eat at some of them but we did not. It was also nice that kids could eat at their will since the food was all inclusive. The hamburger bar ourside by the pool was great! For a foodie like me the food was fine but not stellar. But it was nice that at some restaurants the chef/waiter would make a plain entree for our kids - such as pasta with butter. It seemed like there were a lot of ocean activities to do however the winds were really strong and we did not get to do any water activities other than the first day due to high winds. The entertainment crew at the hotel was GREAT for adults but especially for children. There was so much for them to do and they were constantly entertained. My husband and I felt like we could relax at the pool or beach because our kids were always nearby and entertained. They also met other children their age and spent a lot of time with them as well. Everyone (guests and staff) were very friendly. We loved that the swimming with the dolphins was at our hotel. We did this and it was spectacular! My BIGGEST NEGATIVE about this activity is that the dolphin adventure is expensive in and of its self. To purchase pictures of your adventure you had to go through the hotel. The pictures cost $220!!!! That was INSANE and ABSOLUTELY ABSURD to charge that much! But without pictures we wouldn't have any memories from that adventure so we were suckered into it. In addition to all the other times the hotel staff would come around with some sort of exoctic animal to lure your children over there to take pictures with it. Three digital pictures were $30! That adds up over time and come on - its a digital picture - you could offer a better deal than that! So while the hotel was all inclusive it really isn't. we spent a fortune above and beyond the cost of our hotel/air, etc. Our room was spacious and airy. My only negative about the room was that our mattress was very lumpy and seemed old, along with the pillows - very lumpy and uncomfortable. I called twice to get new pillows but they never came or if they did come there were just as lumpy as the original ones. One additional negative about the trip - we all caught Montezuma's Revenge toward the end of the trip (good that it was the end of the trip and not the beginning though). No matter how many times we go to Mexico someone in the family - this time all of us - gets MR! I have to say that always puts a damper on going to Mexico for us. We chose an all-inclusive resort in Mexico thinking just that - it would less expensive than going to Hawaii - our usual get away location which we LOVE! Mexico was great and we did a lot of extra actvities but it did end up costing us a small fortune! if you've never done an all inclusive resort (this was our first) then just beware there will be a lot of extra costs!

Room Tip: ask for a room with an ocean view or marina view. we can an ocean view but the marina views seemed j...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent family vacation here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

It is always an honor for us to hear when our guests have enjoyed their vacation with us and our entire team, especially our entertainment staff, will be delighted to hear such great comments regarding their service.

We would like to mention that whilst the Dolphin Dream Dolphinarium is on our property it is actually a concession which is controlled by an external company and as such they control the prices of all the activities and of the photos themselves. The same applies for the Adventure Photos photography team. We do apologize for the inconvenience that these companies caused and pleased rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the management teams of both companies involved in order to be addressed.

It is truly infortunate to hear that you were not feeling well towards the end of your stay here with us. Please rest assured that we maintain the highest levels of safety and hygiene when it comes to the handling and serving of all food offered throughout out resort. We do hope that this did not dampen your overall experience with us.

We would truly like to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again soon.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for a week with 3 other girlfriends. We had a blast, pretty much everything was perfect-food & drinks, staff was excellent. Liked the fact it was smaller, not a long hike to anywhere. Met lots of great, fun people. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the beach, which is due to location, not the resort. I prefer a wide, long beach to walk on.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

It was truly our pleasure to be able to host your recent girlfriend's getaway here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras and we appreciate the time taken to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was certainly an honor to have had you as our guests and We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Westminster, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I just returned home from Dreams Puerto Aventuras a few days ago as was not pleased with my experience to say the least. I've stayed at a Dreams resort before in Puerto Vallarta and loved it so i thought this resort would be along the same lines. I'll tell you right now it's not AND it's far more expensive. For $2000/week i was expecting a 5 star resort, even though they claim it's 5 star i'd say it's more like a 3 star with the added benefit of food poisoning. I don't write many reviews but after 5 out of 10 of us got really sick after eating the food there for a few days I want to warn anyone thinking about choosing this resort. I don't care about the lack of hot water, shallow pools, bland food or tiny ocean front but when your spending half your expensive vacation in your room with sharp stabbing pains in your stomach, fever, headache and not being able to venture far from a bathroom you'll regret it. I'm still sick a week later, nice vacation...thanks Dreams.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort Management and Staff we want to thank you for taking the time to share your overview on your stay with us. We strive to create the best possible experience for our guests so it was disappointing to learn that our facilities did not meet with your full approval.

We are concerned by your comments regarding your discomfort and also your food poisoning allegations as we have on record that our guest service team contacted you several times during your vacation here with us including on the day of your departure and at no time were any of these issues brought to our attention.

We would appreciate the chance to further discuss with you the allegations included within your review.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently came back from this resort after our stay from April 21-28. Prior to booking our trip I sent an email to the resort asking how they deal with food allergies as our son has an anaphalactic allergy to fish. I received a response from Rebecca Tunstall within two hours and she assured me that they would do anything necessary to make sure that the allergy was dealt with so we booked our trip. I had sent other emails to other resorts asking about food allergies and I did not hear back from them for several weeks.

Once we arrived we checked in with the concierge to inform them about our son's allergy. We then met with one of the food captains who went over each restaurant's menu with us and told us what to order and what to avoid. Then, during our stay, whenever we went to a restaurant and told the maitre' d our room number they had everything written down with regards to the allergy. The staff seemed to go above and beyond what we were expecting and we felt totally safe eating at all of the restaurants. We even went to the seafood restaurant, Oceana, one night, and they had already prepared an appetizer for us that did not contain fish and which was not on the menu, it was made specially for us.

As for other parts of the resort, the friendliness and service of the staff was excellent, from the maid to the waiters who would come by at least once every half hour while we were sitting on the beach to offer more drinks.

Our room, on the 3rd floor, was a bit musty. I spoke with some other people at the resort who said that their room was also musty. I spoke with our travel rep who stated that the musty smell was due to the fact that they were entering summer and the humidity was usually around 90% every day. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. There is also a kid's club which is advertised for ages 2-12. I didn't see any kids older than probably 7 or 8 going to the kids club and it seems to cater to the younger kids. Our kids, ages 9 and 11, did not want to go to the club as they thought that they were too old for it.

Overall we had a great trip. I would highly recommend this resort if you are thinking of going to the Mayan Riviera and will be traveling with someone who has a food allergy. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about handling food allergies and they definitely went above and beyond our expectations to make sure that we had a safe and enjoyable trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the time taking to share your comments and feedback following your recent family vacation. It was my personal pleasure to be able to assist you prior to arrival and also to have the chance to meet you during your time here with us.

We constantly strive to have the ability to be able to cater for every special dietary requirement and our food and beverage team will be extremely happy to learn that they were able to comply with all the requirements necessary for your son to have a safe meal and allowing the rest of your family to have a worry free vacation.

Your comments regarding your room as well as the lack of activities for older children within our kids club have been shared with the involved departments in order to be addressed and where necessary improved.

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you all back again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and his two kids, ages 14 & 15, just got back from Dreams PA. We all loved this resort and the location. This resort has the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. They were amazing and remembered all of our names, which made us feel very special. (Special thanks to: Ivan, Israel, Jeorge at El Patio, and our bar tenders Damien, and Adalberto (spelling?)).
The grounds were clean and well kempt. There were lots of activities and although the beach was small, it was very very nice, soft sand pretty water.
For a small resort it didn't feel too small.
I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the rooms. They were very nice and the beds were very comfortable, which is what I care about most because we were hardly ever in the room. We took advantage of the room service every morning and night. They were very prompt and the menu selection was great. We ate so well. Probably the best food at an all inclusive resort that I have had. Great sea food and authentic Mexican cuisine. Oceana was my favorite. However, one night at El Patio my boyfriend payed the extra $50 for lobster. It was awful, way over cooked. Don't pay extra for lobster here.
The location of this resort seemed perfect. Close to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum. Also next to the Marina which offered day and half day boat tours to Tulum, which I wished we would have done but we ran out of time. There is so much to do in this area! And we loved this resort!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review with the Tripadvisor community following your recent vacation with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

Our team constantly strive to maintain the high levels of service and quality that we are known for and comments such as yours serve as true inspiration for our staff. The staff members that you took the time to personally mention will be particularly pleased that they were able to assist you during your vacation.

Please rest assured that your feedback regarding your boyfriend's lobster dinner have been shared with our food and beverage manager as well as our head chef in order to be addressed and improved. We apologize for not having been able to exceed your expectations in this area.

We would love the chance to welcome you all back again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Dreams in April and had an amazing time there, the staff were so friendly and we enjoyed our vacation so much. Loved not having to wear a bracelet, the no reservations was a treat we had lunch at the seaside grill...mmmm wings and the Cesar salad was so good and always a cold beer which came in cans my husband loved this =) The Mexican restaurant was delicious and the Italian we went to a couple times so good, nice bot having to eat at the buffet every night because we didn't need reservations at any of the restaurants.
Our bed was the most comfortable bed we ever had and our room overlooked the Marina , they upgraded our room and it was so nice to wake up every morning and see the dolphins swimming around.
We had a massage on the beach and swam with the dolphins while we were there and we really enjoyed being able to leave the resort and walk to the marina area which and shopping and lots of little restaurants (we had a yummy Hawaiian pizza at one )
One of our favorite resorts we have been to and will definitely return in the future!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We are extremely honored that you consider us one of our favourite resorts and that you were able to experience and enjoy so many of the facilities we have to offer such as the massages on the beach and our new dolphinarium.

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned home from a trip to Dreams PA. We were there from 4/26 thru 5/3 and stayed in room 437. We loved this resort because even though it's small, there is plenty of variety. The beach is sandy and the water is clear and warm. All of the staff is extremely accomodating. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the room overlooked the adult pool side and the dolphin area; just perfect.

We found the food to be above average for an all inclusive. The beach beverage service was a huge bonus and we loved seeing the weddings almost every day!

We will definitely plan to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It was certainly our pleasure to have had you as our guests. We are very happy to know you had a great stay with us. All of the comments are shared withour staff team, as comments such as yours serve as true inspiration for them to continue striving to maintain the high levels of service we are known for providing.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!