We were at Puerto Aventuras from December 31st to January 9th, with our wedding on January 5th. Here are the pros and cons of the resort...
- All of the staff, from the front desk to the bartenders, are friendly and helpful.
- The food and the restaurants are all amazing (except for Gohan, the sushi place)
- Room service comes fast and actually brought one of our guests shots
- The town of Puerto Aventuras is small and charming
- There is excellent snorkeling right off the resort's beach
- Many of the staff members struggle with English, so communication can sometimes be difficult
- Room type is guaranteed, but bed type is not, so you get a king instead of two doubles and vice-a-verse
- The WiFi is spotty at best and their smartphone app doesn't work
- Puerto Aventuras is pretty far from everywhere else (Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cancun, etc.), so cabs/shuttles can be *very* expensive
What not to miss
- The adult pool: A lot of people don't even know it's there, so its considerably quieter and less crowded than the family pool.
- The Barracuda Bar: (Aka the swing bar) It's right on the beach, past all of the restaurants.
- The ocean pool: They cut a pool into the coral/rock that's fed from the ocean. It's great for swimming and snorkeling, with fish everywhere. It's past the Barracuda Bar.
Get a marina view if you want quiet.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First and foremost, congratulations on your recent wedding. It was truly an honor for us to be part of a special event. We truly appreciate the time taken to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.
All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. We were extremely glad to hear that you were able to experience the high levels of service offered by our team and our Head chef will be glad to hear that your group enjoyed the food during your stay.
Please accept our sincerest apologizes for not having been able to exceed your expectations in some of the services provided. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed to pertinent departments in order to be addressed and improved. As professionals within the service industry we know that our guests feedback is the key to success! }
We wish you all the best in your new life as a married couple and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future. We are confident that in any future stay with us we will surpass expectations.
E Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.