We were at Puerto Aventuras from December 31st to January 9th, with our wedding on January 5th. Here are the pros and cons of the resort...
- All of the staff, from the front desk to the bartenders, are friendly and helpful.
- The food and the restaurants are all amazing (except for Gohan, the sushi place)
- Room service comes fast and actually brought one of our guests shots
- The town of Puerto Aventuras is small and charming
- There is excellent snorkeling right off the resort's beach
- Many of the staff members struggle with English, so communication can sometimes be difficult
- Room type is guaranteed, but bed type is not, so you get a king instead of two doubles and vice-a-verse
- The WiFi is spotty at best and their smartphone app doesn't work
- Puerto Aventuras is pretty far from everywhere else (Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cancun, etc.), so cabs/shuttles can be *very* expensive
What not to miss
- The adult pool: A lot of people don't even know it's there, so its considerably quieter and less crowded than the family pool.
- The Barracuda Bar: (Aka the swing bar) It's right on the beach, past all of the restaurants.
- The ocean pool: They cut a pool into the coral/rock that's fed from the ocean. It's great for swimming and snorkeling, with fish everywhere. It's past the Barracuda Bar.