“Perfect Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Ontario, Canada
“Perfect Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We travelled to Dreams Puerto Aventuras from November 11-18th with myself, my wife and our three kids aged 9,9 and 5. We had previously stayed at the Dreams Punta Cana property and had a good experience there, especially with their Explorers Club which is why we chose this property for our trip to the Mayan Riviera. I can't say enough about the level of service at this resort. Everyone was courteous and friendly, we didn't have one bad experience with any staff there at all.

Check in was fast and easy. We came in by ourselves in our transport so that probably helped since there was no-one else checking in but we encountered no difficulties at all. The check in staff was courteous, friendly and spoke excellent english. Anytime we ever needed to deal with them (which wasn't very often since we had virtually no problems during our stay) they were very helpful and efficient. We got a family suite which had two double beds and a pullout couch. The pullout was actually fold out cushions which our children found much more comfortable than the spring version so that was great. The other beds and pillows were very comfortable too. We had a ground floor room overlooking the main pool which was great and conveniant. Noise was never really an issue as the resort overall seemed quite quiet at night. Maid service was generally good and the fridge was always well stocked. Our shower was awesome, strong, strong water pressure! We had a massive tub as well which fit our three kids with room to spare!

Once we got checked in we came back to the lobby to take a look around the resort. We were flagged down by Carlos who asked if we had just arrived. When we told him we had and were looking for where the dolphins were he immediately took us on a full tour of the resort. Carlos was very helpful throughout our stay, saying hi to us whenever we came into the lobby and helped us with booking our dolphin swim, photographer session and getting our online boarding passes for our flight home.

The property itself is fairly small and compact which was nice for us since we felt safe letting our children play off by themselves. The beach is small but never felt crowded, chairs were easily available. The drink service on the beach was excellent, the staff did a really good job of getting out there and serving you in a timely manner so we barely left our chairs when we were catching rays in the mornings. The beach swimming area is protected by a reef/rocks which is great for smaller children as you don't have to worry as much about safety in the ocean. There was little current at all in the cove and our kids loved playing on the ocean trampoline. Snorkelling and kayaking was excellent as well and we enjoyed going out on the hobie cat (small catamaran). There is a nice, quiet natural pool a ways down from the beach that has a ton of fish in it as well. The main pool is small but never seemed too busy our crowded during our stay. There was a nice "hot tub" which was warmer than the main pool and the kids really enjoyed that in the windy afternoons. Didn't spend a whole lot of time at the adult pool but it seemed nice with a swim up bar and lots of seating area, plus it's own hot tub.

The one thing I found about this resort was it was fairly quiet. It's a smaller property and wasn't busy during our stay so this probably contributed. I personally like to do lots of activities and there wasn't quite as many as I've experienced on other larger properties. This being said, the entertainment staff at this resort were absolutely fabulous. Roberto, Gabo, Israel, Jesus and Carlos were all excellent. They worked hard to get people involved in the activities and games and were great with adults and kids alike. Our kids loved getting flung into the sky on the bungee trampoline! Had a great time playing volleyball on the beach and getting pulled into lots of the "crazy games". The entertainment staff on a whole were all personable, friendly and engaging without being pushy. The night life seemed pretty quiet. Shows were hit and miss, the fire and water show was fantastic as was the circus show. The other shows weren't as good but weren't terrible either. As we had the kids we didn't go out after the shows so I can't comment on the disco which opened later.

Food was excellent. Being a smaller resort the buffet had a more limited selection than some we've been to but on a whole it was good. Always a selection of fresh grilled foods and good options for picky children. I found the more freshly prepared selections better than the hot plated stuff which was sometimes a bit bland and dry but that really is to be expected in that type of buffet setting. The a la cartes were very good, especially the italian restaurant. Excellent service throughout, my only complaint would be that lunch at the seaside restaurant was quite slow, though the food was very good. Carlos at the seaside restaurant, Jonathon at the mexican restaurant and Victor at the italian restaurant were outstanding in their service. Even my kids ate well at the a la cartes and they can be quite picky eaters about "fancier" foods. Food was nicely presented with obvious thought and effort put into both preparation and presentation.

The kids club was a bit of a disappointment especially since it was one of the main reasons we chose this property. Part of the issue was a lack of kids for the club. Often our children were the only ones there so this somewhat dulled their enthusiasm. As well sometimes the scheduled actvities didn't end up happening on a few occasions. The staff were really great though and the kids really enjoyed going there for the evening movies and activities but not so much during the day. I think if the resort had been busier there would've been more kids there and they would have enjoyed it more. Since the resort was small and we felt comfortable with them roaming freely it wasn't a big issue though as we could get some "adult time" without worrying about losing them on the property.

We did the dolphin swim as well which was excellent and I will do a detailed review in the dolphin discovery section. It was great to have it on-site so we didn't have to travel and lose out on time at the resort. We also got family pictures done and Adriana did a great job. We didn't get a great solo picture of my older daughter one the first run and there was no problem to do a later re-shoot.

All in all it was an excellent, excellent family vacation. Everyone had a great time and we had no real issues at all during our stay. Special thanks to Rebecca who is a great resource to talk to before and during your stay. I would highly recommend this resort for families and those looking for a quieter vacation with the best service I've experienced in my many travels to AI resorts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you with us and thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. It was certainly our pleasure to host you all here with us.

We were sorry to hear that there were not enough children in the Explorers Club for your children to mix with. We do hope that you are able to come back in a higher season so that they are able to experience all the fun & games that our Explorers Club ladies offer.

We are extremely pleased to know you have enjoyed our staffs' exceptional service. Our chef will be particularly honored to hear that you all enjoyed his food! Please rest assured that all of your comments will be shared with all staff members and departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are more than ready to welcome you back in the near future.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Where do I begin? A group of 38 people went for our wedding November 3rd and had a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and reception. I would NOT change one thing about that day! Jacki dealt with me almost every week (sometimes every day for a while) To make our day perfect. She never got frustrated with me and always replied back to me fast with all the information I needed. She made me feel so calm and just told me to relax and enjoy and its her job to take care of everything. We had glow necklaces and she stood there and handed them out while she was doing another reception down the beach. Everytime i turned to look for her she was right there asking if i need anything. I told her I wish I worked with her because I respect her so much. Her assistant, Isabelle is wonderful too! I am in the customer service industry and i LOVE that both Jacki and Isabelle remember your name (Which i guess Jacki would after a year) but I like when they would see me days later and its always "Hi Kylie, hows it going?"
Rebbecca is another one. She is in the Concierge department and also on facebook. After a year of her assisting all of my questions she came down to the pool to find me one day to say hi. That is a class act lady! Very nice, keeps everything going at the resort on the marketing side of things and never got frustrated with me either :)
With that note....the staff was WONDERFUL! The first day we were there we had "Noe" as our server at the pool. He told us it was his first day and you would NEVER known that because of how amazing he was. We got to know him after the 10 days and tried to take care of him especially knowing him and his wife have a new baby on the way!
"Fabian" was wonderful as well! We loved him the whole time we were there and was always right there if we needed ANYTHING!
On the NOT so positive note: (which still isnt bad)
Entertainment: The staff was wonderful and if we needed anything (Like a Nebraska football game on) they would play it for us. They also did a little "show" for my husband and I at the disco for the bachelorette/ bachelor party day. I just wish they did more around the pool! I went to a resort once where it was music and entertainment all day long by the pool. That was a little quiet for me!
Food: I thought with the quality of the hotel the food would be better. The Portofino (italian) was the best on the resort(Wish i had it right now)! THe soups are to die for! Then i would say Sushi or the Mexican Place. I did NOT like the buffet at all but the best part about it was the bacon and bagels in mornings. I lived off that part. The Seaside grill was okay....I never hated it! Club sandwhich from the room service is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the honeymoon suite would have been bigger but it was still very nice. We actually moved to my parents room when they checked out because that is by far the BEST room in the place!!!!! 744 :) and we had a very odd roomate that didnt leave her room for days and then complained when we were just talking next door in the room or even on the balcony.But that wasnt the resorts fault. Actually they took care of it right away and offered to move us!

BIGGEST COMPLAINT: It makes me SICK that guests do not tip! That staff works their butt off and will do anything for anyone and will run around the resort to find the perfect nachos for me (NUMEROUS times a day)! People think since its a "all inclusive" resort they dont need to bring money! I wanted to walk around and tell people how rude they are. We spent almost 500 bucks on tipping alone!!!! (between my husband and I)These people live off tips i heard, the least you can do is help them out! We gave Noe and Fabian 20 bucks when we left (on top of tipping EVERY SINGLE time they came to us with a drink) and they hugged us and had tears in their eyes and thanked us for everything. I wish I could have done more!!!!
Beach was perfect...pool water was a little cold but loved the pools!...Our favorite place to be was Baracudda bar! Our group was there majority of the afternoons and nights!!!! No one ever goes there either so we had it to ourself....loved it!
I honestly, had tears when I left because of the people there that made us feel at home. My favorite thing about going to Mexico is trying new resorts but I WILL be back to Dreams and when I do I cant wait to see everyone!

BRIDES: contact me if you have any questions or advice!!!!!!!!!!!! This helped me a ton when I was planning! Also, add me on facebook to see my pictures. We took over 2,000 Pictures!
Kylie Talacko

Room Tip: Ocean view is my favorite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Kylie,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. It was a true pleasure to be a part of such a special occasion. We are delighted that you, your family and friends enjoyed the stay.
All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Jacki and Isabelle will be thrilled to hear that you they were able to make your wedding everything you had dreamed of and it was personally my pleasure to help you with all the information prior to your arrival! It was nice to finally meet you after so many months of correspondence. Noe will be pleased to hear of your comments as he was upset that he wasnt able to be here the day you left.

We truly hope we are able to host you again soon and we wish you and Jesse all the best in the future!

Audubon, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The resort was beautiful!!! We were a group of all adults for our friends 40th birthday. The restaurants were all good except for the buffet. The breakfast buffet was good but dinner was a different story. The food was over cooked, bland, and a small variety at the buffet. The liquor was not all top shelf but it was fine. Great activities and really nice staff. Room was awesome , very clean and BIG. Room service was really good. Snorkling was amazing! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The marina view was amazing, ask for the 6 th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you are planning on returning. We truly look forward to having the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Your comments regarding the food and drinks have been shared with our food & beverage department. We welcome all feedback both positive and negative as this gives the insight into areas that may need improving.

Once again, thank you for choosing Dreams Puerto Aventuras and we look forward to having you back in your home away from home soon.

Kind Regards,

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Travelled to this resort with a large group for a wedding in April 2012, and had an amazing time. The rooms were really nice, and cleaned daily. Clothes we had thrown around we're always folded. Really comfy beds!

Food was great. Large assortment and variations from day to day in Buffett. As well as some really great a la cartes. Really liked the Italian one. I wish we tried the Seafood one, as we heard from friends it was really good as well. Sushi was great too! Even though I was iffy about eating sushi in Mexico, it was super fresh.

Entertainment staff were so nice and accommodating! Junior and Polo were awesome!

Can't wait to go back one day!

Room Tip: If you are booking an ocean view room, try to ask for a floor 3 and above as the lower floors are su...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Please rest assured that all of your feedback has been shared with our operations staff.

Our executive chef will be particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed the variety of food available.

We truly hope we can have the honor of welcoming you back here again with us in the near future.

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Myself and my husband travelled to this resort in early october for 11 nights on our honeymoon, the hotel is absolutely lovely, staff are so nice you couldnt meet nicer people if you tried. The only thing is is was so quite at night there we found that people were drinking all day which is fine as we did too as well you might as well your on holidays but we would come up to the room in the evening for showers etc and get ready to go for dinner in hotel and then hit the bar for the night only to find a handful of people there everynight we were there. After a few days we were beginning to wonder where all the people were at night time, so we got chatting to people as the pools as you do only to hear the americans say they hit the bed early after been drinking heavy drinks all day. I was disappointed because it made the place extremly quite at night time. The food was ok the best restaurant was the italian it was gorgeous we looked forward to heading there each night it was open but you will find that restaurants dont all open every night they take turns this time of the year. We went to world cafe first few days but then got sick of looking at the same food over and over again so we opted for a smoothie and pancake in the sun. World cafe is a buffet restaurant but just was so predictable before you went there you knew what was going to be laid out to eat .Overall the staff and hotel was fantastic but i wouldnt return as it was two quite for us, we should have stayed there hotel in cancun as we are a young couple who like to meet people and enjoy the night while lazing at the pool by the day.

Room Tip: We were in room 221 which was in view of the adults pool there was a big palm tree in our view but w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We were extremely pleased that you were able to experience the excellent levels of service provided by our staff. Your review will most definately be shared with our operations team.
Your comments regarding the buffet have been shared with our food & beverage department, we welcome all feedback both good and bad as this shows the areas where we are excelling as well as where improvement is needed.

We do hope that one day you will return to visit us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras during our high season so the nightly atmosphere will be more to your liking.

Kindest Regards,

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Returning the Dreams PA, we knew what a wonderful resort it was (see my other reviews for lots of details), but this time was even better. Having been there before a number of times, we were immediately recognized and given hugs and welcomes back. We were treated like royalty and given anything we wished, with just a request. The staff went above and beyond to give us anything and even suggested a few niceties that we didn't think of. They have now added free internet (which was wonderful!), they have also expanded the El Patio and Oceana menus and the food at all the restaurants was fantastic. Unfortunately it was all new entertainment staff, but they quickly made us feel welcome, and the Explorer's club only had one girl still there, but she remembered my boys and gave them big hugs. I stayed 12 nights and didn't want to leave, we will definitely return again next year. The one thing I did different this year is to take a taxi to Akumal bay and we swam with the sea turtles. The only cost was the taxi there and back $60 (think that was a ripoff, but we didn't pay for any excursion) and we rented a locker to put our valuables for $9 (full day rental, we only stayed 4 hours). It was excellent! Just look for the groups of people huddled in the water and you will find a sea turtle. Oh and they added 6 dolphins to the marina out back, you can swim with them or just enjoy them right out the back of the adult pool or Oceana restaurant!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Annika,

Thank you for taking the time, once again, to write such a glowing review about your stay here with us at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We were thrilled to hear that this visit was your favourite visit so far.

All of your wonderful comments will be shared with our team, as positive feedback such as yours truly serves as an inspiration to each and every staff member.

It was nice to meet you face to face after missing you on your previous visits.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back next year for visit number 5 and we hope to continue exceeding your expectations with every visit.

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everyone that worked at the hotel and restaurants were very nice and loved the kids. So impressive! This is the best food we have had at an all inclusive resort. THe buffet and restaurants and drinks were all good.
The kids explorer club staff were fun and the set up very helpful.(our kids didn't want to do it as they were comfortable playing on their own or with us)
It was cool to have the bungee trampoline, the water trampoline, the boats, ping pong , checker court and volley ball court available for kids to use. They loved the movies on the beach every night and the access to smoothies and ice cream cones all day.
This was the best little beach in the area as it has more sand than rock/coral for the walk in.
The fish swam right in to shore and were easy to see from out of the water as well as fun for us to swim with and feed :).
We could watch the dolphins swimming and training in the marina/dolphinaris area behind the hotel so we didn't pay to swim with them. FYI The water at the other dolphinaris locations in the area looks nicer but others don't seem to have as long of a program.
The only draw back of this all inclusive was sharing a beautiful otherwise calm and quiet location with belligerant drunk americans (The brits, aussies, euros weren't loud :).
The other families with children at the resort were friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It was certainly our pleasure to have you as our guests here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We are pleased to know you had a great stay with us. All of the comments are shared with the staff and supervisors. Your feedback helps us improve the quality and standards in our resort

Once again, thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!