“No hassles & all we needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive

You added Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal Pto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
dedham, ma
“No hassles & all we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I traveled with my husband and 2 children (7 & 9). This was literally a no hassle trip...we had no problems with anything. The food was very good and the room service was speedy and delicious when the kids were too tired to do to dinner. We knew there were time share people (as there are in most of the resorts) and we just simply walked away from them / ignored them. We were amazed at how hard the staff worked to make everyone happy, especially the waiters and bartenders on the family side. To my recollection, there was only one afternoon with a drinking game..it was more of a "drink one beer" in the middle of doing all sorts of other crazy things. The entertainment people worked very hard as well. We did not go to many of the shows since we were usually too tired. It was nice to have coffee available as early as 5 am in the lobby since I am an early riser. Yes, shower design was weird and water did get on the floor, but not enough to ruin our vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

This destination was completely amazing. From the second we arrived, we were treated like the most important people at the resort. We were informed that our room was upgraded from a "Garden View" to an "Ocean View". Although this did not mean much to us, when we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The view was breath taking. The service for the entire vacation was second to none. We had previously stayed in an amazing all inclusive resort with a Dreams competitor, and were expecting less from this trip due to the cost literally being HALF of our last vacation. We were pleasantly surprised that the service was as amazing, the room was beautiful, and the amenities were immaculate.
We did run into groups of people who will most likely have negative things to say about Dreams. Honestly, I am not sure why. People have reported that the resort is "crawling with time share" people. Honestly, myself and my wife never experienced one. We never obsered the noted issues with "drunk parents" or unattended children. If you enjoy seeing families have a nice time, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a quiet, uninterruped stay, the resort offers an "adult only" side that includes bar, hot tub, and pool. Myself and my wife enjoyed the lively "family" side of the resort, and felt that the "adult side" was a bit too quiet. The beach is beautiful and I spend hours a day snorkeling and taking underwater pictures while my wife relaxed in the sun on the private beach.

The area that the resort is in is also amazing. Puerto Aventuras is a gated community of residential homes and resorts. You can feel free to walk around the community and enjoy the shops and attractions. Many resorts recommend that you stay on the resort property. This resort allows you to feel safe in the neighborhood and enjoy the surroundings and the culture.

We took one excursian to see the myan ruins at Chichen Itza. Be aware that the bus ride is about 2 hours (which we were told prior to booking) and it is extremely hot there compared to the resort. That being said, it was an amazing trip. Our tour guide, Oscar, was knolwedgable and interesting. He spoke 9 languages and provided information to us that made the trip to one of the "7 wonders of the world" fun and educational. At the end you are able to swim in a 150 food deep natural water supply that will take your breath away.

I can go on and on. To sum it up, we will return to Dreams Puerto Aventuras next year. It was truly the perfect relaxing vacation

Harrisburg, PA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

This was our second visit (My wife, son [12] and I) to a Dreams Resort. In June of 2009 we traveled to the Dominican Republic and stayed at Dreams Punta Cana. Let me say that both resorts are uniquely different, but both were equally exceptional resorts.

Last year we traveled to Mexico in the company of another couple and their 8 year old twins. The resort was much smaller and quaint than Dreams Punta Cana, but we really enjoyed that. Because everything was in close proximity to each other, we were able to let the kids run around and still keep a close eye on them. This was HUGE for us, and probably made it one of the best vacations we ever took.

This AI resort had plenty of restaurants to choose from and we thoroughy enjoyed each and every one of them. Our favorite was the Seaside Grill where my son said he had the best Filet Mignon he ever ate, thus ordering another filet and eating that too! LOL! I have to say that the World Cafe had the best selection of foods and could easily be visited daily if necessary.

Off site there are plenty of activities to choose from. We went on an all day excursion which took us to an underwater cave (cenote), then rapelling, zip lining and lastly to the Tulum ruins. The beach at the Tulum ruins has to be one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen and ranks right up there with the beach at Waimea Bay on the North Shore of Hawaii.

In my opinion this resort caters to Families with Children. Be cautioned of this because during our trip the pool and beach areas were full of loud, screaming kids. We do not mind this at all, but young couples and/or newlyweds may not take a liking to this.

All in all it was a wonderful trip and we would not hestiate to patronize this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bridgewater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I don't have much time to write a review...I can go on for at least an hour, but I will keep it as short as possible. This resort has to be one of the BEST vacations I have ever gone on. I traveled to this resort for a short vacation with three friends. Here is a quick overview:

Staff: The staff at this resort were so wonderful. They went above and beyond with everything. We werent even done with our drinks and they brought us out new ones on the beach. There was no need to even get up ourselves to get them. They greeted us off our bus when we arrived with cold towels for our hands or neck since it was very warm when we arrived. The check-in process was great. Although it was an all-inclusive, since the service was so great, we all tipped a few bucks at each meal and about every other drink.

Rooms: very relaxing. You were given bathrobes and slippers when you entered your room. The only complaint I had about the room was that the bathroom shower had half a door...by the time I was done showering, the floor looked like a pool (but there was drainage for it). The beds were SO comfortable!

Money: On the paperwork before you arrive to Mexico it encourages you to get pesos and not bring american money. That was not true. everyone accepted american money and discouraged us from using pesos because it would be cheaper if paid in american money. The peso thing was very confusing because the rate changed daily, and you really didnt know the value of what you were purchasing. At times when I purchased things downtown with the vendors, I felt that I was bring ripped off.

Food: excellent. All water, food etc was safe to eat! Restaurants had no reservations and if you did have to wait, you waited for no more than 20 minutes.

Pools: There is an adult pool for people who prefer not to be near kids. Than there is the normal "fun" pool which I would have preferred but was with friends who wanted more of a relaxing trip with no screaming. If you want to sleep late or not be woken up at 6am by screaming kids in a pool, request a room on the "adult pool side"

Spa: very nice relaxing place..... I have had better massages though.

BTW...when we arrived we asked nicely for an upgrade and at not cost got upgraded from a garden view to ocean view.

Only thing missing was a casino, but it saved me some money :)

On our last night, the hotel honored the world energy hour where people turn off the lights to save energy and prove that we can live without power for an hour.... to help guests with this minor glitch they gave people green glowsticks and had a fire/light show on the beach.

Overall, it was an EXCELLENT trip and I would go back anytime or recommend it to anyone. Of course there will be people who always have bad reviews for a place, but I would rate this resort on a scale from 1-10 about a 12.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Strathmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

It was GREAT! Our family was 5 - twins turned 3 down there, 5 year old, and us. We also travelled with in-laws and my mom, and my sister...so there were 9 of us total. All the rooms were great, but we called ours the death-trap as although it was lovely it was a LOFT with slippery wooden stairs that lead to the pull out couch that they thought was sufficient for the 3 kids! I lost it on the front desk...as if my twins tried to come down for the bathroom in the middle of the night it would have been fatal! BUT the cots that they offered are GREAT they aren't fold up but full 8 inch beds. The kids loved having one bed on each side of our king.
The little guys were not good with the kid club, but did do the beach activities with them at the end of the day on the beach.
The 5 min walk tot he marina -GREAT! our party swam with dolphins & set up fishing trips...
We did a private cab to Tulum, as our kids were little. the price to Tulum - round-trip includes your driver sitting in the taxi and waiting for you the whole time! We did a private cab to the airport too and again the price included a detour to Playa Del Carmen 5th Avenue to shop! The twins were napping and they stayed with Grandma in the van the whole time we shopped! All the cabs were arranged by the bell boys at the hotel.
Great staff, they knew us-our family name, & our room number at all the restaurants by the end. We participated in the gladiator games, both my husband and boy & I Zumba danced, and the kids all danced at the dance party...all the activities are lots of fun!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Revelstoke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Dreams Puerto Aventuras is a small resort, however it's beautiful, clean and has very kind and helpful staff. The rooms are small-medium in size but are decorated very modern and are incredibly clean. 7 days is enough time to spend on resort. Our favorite restaurant was Portofino, which is Italian fine dining with dress code. We ordered stuffed chicken three nights of the seven we stayed! The sushi bar is good, the buffet is pretty good, the Mexican place has fabulous fajitas, as does the room service. Room service is fabulous in this place and is up to par with the ala cart restaurants. Reservations are not required for any of the restaurants. This was a great experience for us and a great safe place to bring your family and your children :) It is also a 10 minute walk from a Marina where you can swim with dolphins, manatees and see sharks, seals and stingrays!

If you feel like having a party night, Party Hoppers puts on an awesome pub crawl starting at 9pm. You bus to Playa del Carmen and start at Carlos and Charlies for just over an hour then go to Senor Frogs then end up at CoCo Bongo, which is an amazing night club/theatre that is nothing we've ever seen before. This all costs about 80 American and is all-inclusive for booze and SO WORTH IT!!!! Playa Del Carmen is a 20 minute drive away. Xel-ha snorkeling is the best and is about 15 minutes but bring biodegradable sunscreen or you will have to buys some there!!!!

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this resort and could not have asked for anything more!! We felt like absolute royalty from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Our room was gorgeous and very clean. The food in our opinion was great as well as the drinks. The staff was amazing and friendly. We are looking at taking our kids to this resort in November. I know everybody has their own opinion but I just couldn't imagine somebody not liking it. We did encounter some very rude and condiscending people and was absolutely appalled and how some people can treat others when all they are there to do is serve you. THAT made me very angry. I can't imagine how high maintenance some people are to complain about the food and service, all we can say is spectacular!! This only my opinion but I believe it to be the most truthful!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your experiences!