This destination was completely amazing. From the second we arrived, we were treated like the most important people at the resort. We were informed that our room was upgraded from a "Garden View" to an "Ocean View". Although this did not mean much to us, when we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The view was breath taking. The service for the entire vacation was second to none. We had previously stayed in an amazing all inclusive resort with a Dreams competitor, and were expecting less from this trip due to the cost literally being HALF of our last vacation. We were pleasantly surprised that the service was as amazing, the room was beautiful, and the amenities were immaculate.
We did run into groups of people who will most likely have negative things to say about Dreams. Honestly, I am not sure why. People have reported that the resort is "crawling with time share" people. Honestly, myself and my wife never experienced one. We never obsered the noted issues with "drunk parents" or unattended children. If you enjoy seeing families have a nice time, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a quiet, uninterruped stay, the resort offers an "adult only" side that includes bar, hot tub, and pool. Myself and my wife enjoyed the lively "family" side of the resort, and felt that the "adult side" was a bit too quiet. The beach is beautiful and I spend hours a day snorkeling and taking underwater pictures while my wife relaxed in the sun on the private beach.
The area that the resort is in is also amazing. Puerto Aventuras is a gated community of residential homes and resorts. You can feel free to walk around the community and enjoy the shops and attractions. Many resorts recommend that you stay on the resort property. This resort allows you to feel safe in the neighborhood and enjoy the surroundings and the culture.
We took one excursian to see the myan ruins at Chichen Itza. Be aware that the bus ride is about 2 hours (which we were told prior to booking) and it is extremely hot there compared to the resort. That being said, it was an amazing trip. Our tour guide, Oscar, was knolwedgable and interesting. He spoke 9 languages and provided information to us that made the trip to one of the "7 wonders of the world" fun and educational. At the end you are able to swim in a 150 food deep natural water supply that will take your breath away.
I can go on and on. To sum it up, we will return to Dreams Puerto Aventuras next year. It was truly the perfect relaxing vacation
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive Riviera Maya, Mexico