“Scuba Diving Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dressel Divers

Dressel Divers
Ctra Federal Chetumal, Km 266.3 | Barcelo Maya Beach, Puerto Aventuras 77750, Mexico
+1 321 3922338
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: DRESSEL DIVERS is the company chosen by the prestigious Iberostar Hotel chain for the last twenty years to run diving activities on the premise of its luxury hotels in the Caribbean, to ensure that this service has the same quality as the hotels.We are dedicated to teaching diving and offer all levels of PADI courses: From beginner all the way to PADI instructor. Other federations are also welcome. We offer boats especially made for diving by a lifelong diver, the owner, who contributed his strong experience to construct outstanding boats for this activity. Our main priority is to guarantee your safety!We organize diving excursions every day for certified divers to the marvelous reefs, that are closest to our hotel, as well as full day excursions for both divers and snorkelers to more remote sites such as to the Cozumel island, the world famous Cenotes in the Yucatan jungle, and an excursion to snorkel with whale sharks
Fort Worth, Texas
“Scuba Diving Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a great staff and experience with Dressel Divers at the Barcelo Resort. Marco Onni was our instructor for our Scuba experience. This was my wife and daughter's first time and they did the scuba diver experience. I completed the Open Water course and Marco was my instructor for that as well. Marco was incredible in teaching and giving confidence to us all. But especially for myself for the entire course and the dives. He was incredible in teaching me and spending the time going over all the points and making sure I really understood them to have an excellent experience. He also went over questions I had to enhance my diving experience above and beyond the course but kept things in great perspective. His style of teaching is superb and encouraging. I feel that the entire staff was amazing during our experience and extremely accommodating. They all deserve great recognition for the great job that they do and I really want to specifically thank Marco for making our experience so wonderful and special.

Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“No frills snorkeling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family of five took a snorkeling trip through Dressel Divers located on the Barcelo complex. We took this trip due to the fact that we had paid for scuba diving, but were unable to dive due to my son's ear problems that were created by 45 minutes in a not so clean pool. We had a credit rather than a refund (an unfortunate lake of customer service) so we decided to use this for a snorkeling trip rather than losing ALL of our money. This was the one sour note of our entire vacation. We booked the morning trip and were the only ones on the trip. The afternoon trip is more popular as they stop at a beach. I didn't think we needed another beach as we had one at our resort with beach chairs. This was very nice to have the boat to ourselves. The boat captain and the diver were nice enough, but did not engage or really acknowledge us much. The boat is very uncomfortable for snorkeling as it is really meant for diving. Take a towel to lean against or you will be very uncomfortable. The reef is about 20 minutes away. You will arrive at the same time as all the other folks. The other boats (like Fat Cat) and some others looked better, but a little more crowded. The snorkeling gear was just OK. My mask leaked and the diver switched me and this helped. I really appreciated that. My husband's mask and snorkel were very worn and also leaked. I would bring your own if you have ones you know fit well. The diver was good about putting out food for the fish and brought a safety rescue ring. He swam a bit fast, but we did see a lot of fish. We had plenty of snorkeling which lasted about 45 or 50 minutes. The area is calm and good for younger kids. My son and husband saw a large green eel which was very exciting. I think there are much better trips out there for the money, but is you are staying at Barcelo it is convenient. They took us back to the dock with very few words or acknowledgement. They did provide water. We are used to a lot more interaction and customer service from staff so I think they could definitely improve in this area. The fish were beautiful and bring an underwater camera and towels for your back and to warm up after the long swim. We would not repeat this trip.

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Completed my open water diving with Dressel at the Barcelo resort. Very accommodating as I had to adjust my dive schedule during my stay and they still made it work without any questions. Thx Amanda and Sergio for the experience, hospitality and patience. I recommend this dive center and friendly staff to all. Cheers! Safe diving to all and see u in the seas :)

Visited March 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great Dive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It had been 8 years since my last Dive. Sergio and staff set me up with a refresh course and 3 nice Dives. 1 Off Shore Reef Dive and 2 Cenote' Dives all of which were Excellent.
The Desk Staff, Dive Instructors, Equiptment staff and Boat Captains were all very Professional, Friendly and Fun.
Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

York, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Staff and Dive Sites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My son and I just completed 6 dives with Dressel over the past several days. We both did our Discover dive with them last December and they inspired us to get PADI certified back home in PA. Sergio leads a team of expert, patient, and remarkable talented young men and women whose primary commitment is to safety, secondary commitment is to fun, and everything else to catering to the clientele's enjoyment of the sport.

The reservation staff at the front desk is extraordinarily accommodating.
The DM's in the water are ALWAYS watching the divers in their care.
The equipment guys are truly quality people (they cared for our $$$ personal equipment all week, and knew us by dive #2).
The boat captains and mates are very helpful and managed our gear and our entrances/exits expertly.

I can not say enough positive stuff about Dressel Divers Puerto Aventuras, and I will judge all other dive companies based on my great experiences with them!