“Great place for food and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Lovely breakfast, lunch, dinner and special event restaurant overlooking the dolphins which are less than 15 feet away. Hippo has a great Taco Bar on our second patio with all the toppings you can imagine. Fresh daily fish and lobster sold by the gram. Hand carved American Black Angus steaks cut to size.We have large screen TV's for sports events but keep the volume low so others can enjoy the ambiance. Free fresh popcorn and terrific cocktails and ice cold draft/bottled beers make Hippo a gem in Puerto Aventuras for all to enjoy.
Brisbane
“Great place for food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my favourite place for surfing the net, they have a couch area and I could just hang out eat and surf and drink margaritas....
As soon as they saw I was a regular my drink size doubled ha ha....
Friendly, good food, great margaritas.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

toronto
“Really good meal at Hippos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Friends had told us this was a good place to eat, so we went there a few nights ago. My husband had a hamburger which he said was absolutely delicious and I had the ribs. My ribs were melt in you mouth tender and very tasty, I will definately have them again soon. I like the idea that you can choose 2 sides with your meal, I had the asparagus which was perfectly grilled. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“Great food and drink in Puerto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hippos has the friendliest waiters in town and Sam, the bartender, can make any drink to the highest standard. Felipe, the manager, is a wonderful host. Have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at Hippos and have never had a bad meal. Ice cold draft beer is a plus. Pasta is served in a cast iron skillet. Don't see it on the menu? Ask anyway, they will probably make if for you.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“Best Place around for food and drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

If your looking for good food, good drinks and good people, this is the place to go!
Great for vacationers and partyers! The People (and owner) is soooooo laid back, loud and FUN!
Something exciting is always happening! This is the place all of us locals go and we will continue to go until they kick us out! lol

Bring your drinking gut because the drinks never stop flowing here at Hippos!

Visited February 2013
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
“Average taste but very filling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We never go out for breakfast. But we were feeling lazy that day so we decided to try Hippo's. It was raining pretty hard so we opted to eat indoors.
We usually eat very healthy especially for breakfast but today we went all out and both had a waffle. I can count the number of times I have had a waffle on one hand in my life.
There was one other table to wait on while we were there. But our order seemed to take quite a long time. During the wait I went to the " bano". Unfortunately the sewer smell was extremely strong in there which almost took my appetitie away.
Apparently the men's had the same problem.

I ordered the waffle with whipped cream and blueberries. There were also 2 very tiny thin sausages that came with it. I have never seen such small sausages. The waffle was very large but unfortunately cold. The blueberries were.... berries with blue berry sauce on them and the whipped cream came in a tiny bowl and had obviously been sitting for a while ( like the waffle) because the cream was flat and runny.
We were so hungry we did not complain so we just dug in. I think the waffles must have been ( day old) because they were very hard and chewy. They definately were not fresh.
After I put the berries & whipped cream on it I allowed the juices to soak in so I could chew it easier. Once that happened the waffle seemed tastier. But it didn't make the waffle fresher or warmer..:) . I have to admit the waffle was large and I think if it were fresh and warm it would have been allot better.

Maybe we will try Hippo's again but will not go for breakfast.
I think it was just an off day for them?

Visited February 2013