“once in a life time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in the paradise of the Riviera Maya. Our beautiful, natural lagoon setting is ideal for your hands-on interactions with our family of dolphins, manatees and sea lions. We offer programs for all ages, a family-friendly experience you will never forget.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“once in a life time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

excelent day out all dolphines are in good health in natural open ocean water (only fenced off)
in very large enclosures small very interactive groups memories that will last forever

Visited September 2012

Eugene, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Swimming with dolphins was something I have always wanted to do and it did not disappoint me. Their pictures of your experience are pretty expensive so we (my husband & I) went at different session times so we could take pictures of each other. I do have to say that their pictures are very professional in quality & very good. They are able to get much closer so their pictures are better. I wish I could remember the name of the trainer I worked with. He was excellent! This is definitely somewhere I would recommend. This is something I will never forget! (They also have manatees & sea lions that you can swim with).

Visited October 2012
Stockport, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“Dolphins, manatee and stingrays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had always wanted to swim with a dolphin and manatees and had already swum with stingrays in Antigua. Not a cheap thing to do, but well worth the money, and something I will remember for the rest of my life. After a talk about how to interract with the dolphins we went into the water and had a wonderful time. The dolphins were so friendly, we hitched a ride on their fins and it was so fast, kissed them, shook their fins as a hand shake, were pushed on our bare feet by 2 dolphins. It was exhilarating and highly recommended to do this at least once in your life. Going into the water with the manatees was an experience I would love to do again, having been charmed by these gentle creatures by watching them on tv, decided must do this. 3 large manatee in pool plus a baby one, now the baby was massive, the adults were 3 times the size of the baby! One big manatee was next to me as I was feeding it lettuce heads, I felt something touch my leg and the baby manatee had come under the adult, and was crawling up my leg with its fins, until its head came out of the water, pushing adult aside for food lol. I will never forget this experience it was so lovely. The Discovery Dolphin experience was a lovely site, lots to see and do, spent the whole day there. Plenty places to get something to eat, walk around watching dolphins in the other pools, saw baby dolphins. Did not bother swimming with stingrays as done it before, but it is a wonderful thing to do, but I had done this in the wild and I dont think you could better that. The photos and dvd are expensive, but we haggled and got them down a fair bit. Dont pay first price, just walk away, they need people to buy these and came after us offering deals. Still expensive but within budget.

Visited November 2011
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience, and at half price, brilliant value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this direct with Dolphin Discovery online before we travelled, and paid usd556 for 8 people (approx £44 each) which included a 'swimmers meal' and a drink (Fajitas are good!), and transport to and from our hotel.
We had a Royal Swim, which included a kiss, handshake, dance, waterfight, dorsal pull and foot push. The experience was amazing and we had 2 adults and also 2 babies (9 months old).
We did buy the photos, but we managed to haggle to get the price for 7 instead of 8,it is expensive at $279, but there were 300ish pictures which were really good quality.
Spectators can watch really closely too, and get pretty good pictures if you don't want to spend too much money. Lockers are free.
If you want to swim with dolphins whist in Riveria Maya, this is the place to do it, just look online beforehand to see if you can get a good deal (they also have a facebook page which shows their offers)

Visited September 2012
Rio Vista, California
“PHOTOS OUTRAGEOUS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I loved our dolphin experience, BUT at the end when we went to get pictures, i wanted to buy the whole CD since it was my 50th birthday and my 3 year old granddaughter was so brave and went too.....He came back with a price of 189 for a CD of pictures...and i said US or pesos and he said US $189 US dollars and i asked how much for 1 picture and the price was $25 bucks....I think this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I would of been willing to pay up to 100 but $189 is crazy....my feeling is they just lost out!!! I did buy 1 picture for $25....But the dolphin experience was amazing!

Visited August 2012