Been to Mexico 10 times, Cancun, Akumal, PV, etc... first time to Barcelo as we got a 50% off deal thru orbitz. We stayed at the Caribe resort in the Sayil Building.
Beach in front of Caribe was excellent as you could walk into ocean 300 feet and see many fish, Barracuda etc...
Had no problem finding loungers at pool or on the beach. Hotel only seemed 50% full in Nov.
Staff was excellent
Room was great, had king bed very comfortable (most beds in Mexico HARD) Had many english TV stations, HBO, MAX, ESPN etc....
Breakfast and dinner in Caribe buffet restaurant was good. Dinner was a little better over in tropical/colonial buffet restaurant. (You can eat at either)
Mini golf course was very fun and we played it 4 times in our 10 day stay.
Easy to catch Collectivo in front of resort to playa (25 pesos each way was a deal)
We had the option of seeing the nightly shows at the Caribe theatre or the Tropical/Colonial theatre was was good. Most evening shows pretty enjoyable. Michael Jackson and Latino shows were our favorites.
Lunch at the Capt. Morgans resaturant at Caribe was pretty BAD. Not many choices and food was always COLD. We ended up hanging out at the Olympic pool over at the tropical resort and having lunch at the Palmeras restaurant which was MUCH better than Capt. Morgans.
Items at the stores and resort shopping mall were about 50% more than same items in Playa stores.
Fairly long walk to towel pick up booths but was good excercise.
Maid service was fairly slow on a few days as they didn't get to room until 5pm. Not a big deal.
We took ADO bus from Airport to Playa (120 pesos) then took taxi to hotel (250 pesos)
We like this much better than paying the high cost of shuttle service.
Also went to Playa Jazz Festival Nov 22-24th and it was outstanding. FREE admission on the beach. Will be back next Nov. and do it again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico