My wife and I chose this resort because we were taking another couple as a Christmas gift to them and we wanted to keep our expenses down. Let me say we were not dissapointed!
First let me say that my wife booked this through Cheap Caribbean and that was the way to go. When we arrived we waited about 15 mintues and were picked up by a shuttle that took us straight to the hotel, piece of cake.
Rooms: We are used to staying in a 5 star resort and when we got there were expecting something that was a step down but to be honest we were very pleased with the rooms. Yes they are smaller but they were nice, comfortable beds, very cool, and very quiet. My only advice is ask if oyur room has a shower/bath combo or just a shower. My wife likes to take baths before bed and our room just had a delux shower. No problem, just a tip for some of you!
Service: Was amazing! EVERYONE from the dinner staff to the pool bar staff to the entertainment staff were outstanding. The lady cleaning our room was great as well. We came back each day to a cute little towel sculpture. Rooms were kept spotless and we did not deal with ANY problems the entire week.
Beach: We loved this as well. Yea it is a little rocky but we brought the slip on shoes everyone recommended and they were fine. We did not get a chance to snorkel on our beach but heard it was great as well. ALOT to do from volleyball, bocce ball to sailing to water activities. No problem getting chairs if you made it out somewhat early.
Entertainment: Went to one show called NIGHTMARE and it was terrific! They have shows in the theatre every night. We only made the one but heard great things about all the others as well. Expecially the Lion King.
Food/Drinks: I was worried after reading reviews here about the food but man these people are way off. The buffets are great! They have all different types of theme nights and they offer a wide choice of food. We honestly enjoyed everything we ate while we were visiting. We did eat at three of the restaurants where you need reservations. The Japanese restaurant was the best but the Mexican and Steakhouse restaurants were tremendous as well. Drinks were available everywhere you turned. Pool bars had great service and could make anything you could think of! I got hooked on the mudslides!
Excursions: We went on 2 different trips. One was a snorkling trip that we were not too impressed with and the other was the NEW park X-PLOR. Trust me, go visit XPLOR. It is a little pricy but well wirth the visit. 11 ziplines, undergournd caves where you boat and swim, lunch served, underground caves you explore on a water/land type of 4 wheeler. It was a blast! Also went to PDC a few times. Shuttle is not good to take because it only runs twice per day which sorta sucked but oh well, it was only 14$ one way for the group. I DO SUGGEST a place in PDC called Oasis to get a massage.. My wife and I went there, paid 90$ and got a free drink and both got an hour 1/2 long massage.. We loved it so much we went back the next day for another visit! Talk to Tony (Antonio, speaks very good english!) he will hook you up! A friend of mine and I also went golfing at the resort PLAYACAR which is close to the Cat, WELL WORTH IT!!
We had a terrific time. When we go back, and we will, we will spend more time just site seeing around our resort. We never made it to the Marina or anywhere around the outside of the Cat.. That we regret!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Riviera Maya is situated in the peaceful ambience of Puerto Aventuras, located directly on the beach of the beautiful Mexican Caribbean and in the heart of the Mayan Riviera. The white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, a great marina with restaurants and bars at a walking distance as well as a 9 hole golf course makes Puerto Aventuras a place that stands out, a place for those looking for the authentic Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico