My husband and I and another couples (ages 33-38) just returned from a 7 night stay at the Cat. I do not have a way to put into words how wonderful our trip and stay at the Cat was.
First, let me begin with a little bit of background. My husband and I have visited 10 all inclusives - the Dominican, Riviera Maya, Jamaica, Bahamas, Puerto Vallarta. We usually aim for a well rated hotel that is a good deal. We've done everything from a Sandals resort to a 3 star. We are flexible and pretty easy going, but are looking for a good time, good service, nice rooms and decent food.
After researching for months, we landed at the Cat and we could not have been happier. This is the cleanest ( we watched them clean every chair by the pool every night), friendliest resort we have stayed at. We did upgrade our rooms (a standard deluxe and a suite) and they were wonderful. The food was delicious and had a lot of variety. The beach was gorgeous and the drinks were plentiful.
The only resort that tops our list is the Ocean Blue in the Dominican Republic.
The one negative I have to offer is that the beach is a cove and not good for long beach walks. However, walking and riding bikes around the community of Puerto Aventuras more than makes up for it.
The beach snorkeling is great - invest in a mask and snorkel if you want to go out more than one time a day. There is a lot of fish - we saw a few barracuda.
There is plenty to do in the evenings - the game room is fun, the music is good and the bars offer a great place to relax, play cards and visit. We did not see any shows but we heard that they were fun. The disco is also fun.
The staff is hardworking with a lot of smiles which is very nice. We didn't see one employee grumble about anything during our stay. We also enjoyed not being pressured by any time share staff or excursion staff.
This is a diamond in the rough resort - I recommend it with no hesitations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico