If you plan on keeping cost low then I suggest a resort closer to the city (cancun/playa del carmen), where you will have more transportation options. Otherwise I suggest renting a car because you only option to the city is taxi or excursion.
Otherwise the resort was awesome with the exception of food selection. I was expecting to eat lots of tacos being in Mexico but was very disappointed that I could not find any even at the buffet. The food at the restaurants wasn't great at all. The grill by the pool was the best place to eat. Often quite long lines waiting for food to be cooked and I only think it was that way because it was the best option at the resort.
Otherwise the onsite activities was great. Absolutely no complaints. Every staff person greeted you with a friendly HOLA.
I would go back but would take a car rental from airport to get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Riviera Maya is situated in the peaceful ambience of Puerto Aventuras, located directly on the beach of the beautiful Mexican Caribbean and in the heart of the Mayan Riviera. The white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, a great marina with restaurants and bars at a walking distance as well as a 9 hole golf course makes Puerto Aventuras a place that stands out, a place for those looking for the authentic Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico