This year's stay marked the first time we had booked a two-week stay at the Catalonia Riviera Maya and, having dealt with the passing of my wife's mother a few months earlier, we just wanted to relax and enjoy some close family time with our two sons ( who arrived for week #2 )
I am delighted to report that in almost every way imaginable, the management and staff at the Cat found a way to exceed our expectations yet again! From the moment we arrived at reception, Pablo and Manager Jonay let us know that we were expected and were in good hands. Our room this year in Villa 8 was superb! The very small issues we had encountered last year were nowhere to be seen..and some of our suggestions had clearly been heard and acted upon, such as putting a "Please wait to be seated sign" at the Creperia to aid seating.
We found that the food in all the a la cartes and in the buffets had been improved since last year, with new items on the menus and items kept hotter and fresher as well.
What can I say about staff? Well, the list is so long I worry about leaving someone out! Francesco and Elva in the Creperie, Jorge and Hector in the Tapas, Brenda and Lucio in the Mikado, Claudio and Esther in Las Brisas, just to name a few! Special thanks go out to Pablo at the Bambaleo for his amazing attention to every detail. Of course, Jorge ( lifeguard ), Nazario at the Tequila Bar and Gregorio and Ariana at the Margarita Bar welcomed us as old friends and you simply can't put a price on that.
I can't finish this review without a special thank you to the resort Manager Silvia who took the time to welcome us as valued guests and Manager of Food and Beverage Service Joel who simply could not do enough for us throughout our entire stay.
People often ask why we return to the same resort year after year. It's really very simple. The Cat is our "second home" and all the people who work there are our extended family. See you next year at the Cat!!! :-)
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Riviera Maya is situated in the peaceful ambience of Puerto Aventuras, located directly on the beach of the beautiful Mexican Caribbean and in the heart of the Mayan Riviera. The white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, a great marina with restaurants and bars at a walking distance as well as a 9 hole golf course makes Puerto Aventuras a place that stands out, a place for those looking for the authentic Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.