We travelled to Mexico to celebrate a special birthday, the holiday had been booked for 11 months and Thomsons still couldn't get it right.
When we arrived at hotel reception we were advised we were being placed in the sister hotel the Yucatan Beach.
Rooms very very basic and certainly not what you would expect from a 4* hotel, after trying to resolve with reception and 2 Thomson reps, 4 days later we were moved to our correct hotel and placed in Block 1 which had recently been refurbished.
Buffet restaurant food, doesn't cater greatly for English people and also very repetitive also be prepared to stand in a queue when entering for sometimes up to 30 minutes for a table to be found for you to be seated when there is clearly loads of empty tables.
Gardens are well maintained.
Food in A la carte restaurants is lovely however you only get 7 vouchers when staying for 2 weeks to be able to eat at these restaurants.
On a lunchtime if possible stay away from the Bamboleo snack bar it is over run with wild birds which are landing on peoples plates and dirting all over.
The beach is very rocky and covered in seaweed but the lagoon is very peaceful with loads of fish which will quite happily swim around you.
When staying in a standard room and certainly if you are not tipping all the waiters and barmen all the time they seem to become quite ignorant.
Don't believe the details that are in the brochure because when you get there it is a completely different story.
No way would I ever go back to this resort and certainly not to this hotel, like i said earlier this is certainly not a 4* hotel it is more like a 2* so in my opinion visit Cancun and pay a bit extra and stay in a hotel which is actually 4* and not just claiming to be.
The best part of this holiday was the weather and thanks Thomsons for spoiling my 40th birthday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico