“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Picalu B&B Boutique

You added Villas Picalu B&B Boutique to your Saves list
Villas Picalu B&B Boutique
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bahia Xcacel 18 | Lote 9 Manzana 11, Puerto Aventuras 77733, Mexico   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed two nights at Villas Picalu. The room was very spacious and clean. Lots of water pressure, but not much in the way of hot water. Great location, just steps from all the restaurants and shops. We would definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Abo T, Direttore generale at Villas Picalu B&B Boutique, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Estimada Ariana S,
thank you so much for your review, it's very important for us to know our guests'opinion to reach the 100% satisfaction!
Concerning the hot water we are very sorry for this drawback, next time we could set manually if the water it's not hot as you like.
Hope to see you soon in VIllas Picalu.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B. All I can say is that I could not have picked a better place. I will most definitely stay again on my next trip. The house is centrally located to all the shops and restaurants in the village. It is an easy stroll to dinner!

Room Tip: I rented the Golf Suite and highly recommend it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I would stay here anytime again. My stay here was pleasant. Are is safe, you can walk to the restaurants,bars. You can watch the Dolphins on the marina that was nice to see them.
The bed is comfortable, WIFI through out the B&B was good too. The couple who runs the
B&B are so friendly,kind. Parking is free & on the street but it's completely safe. I actually love to go back.

Room Tip: Free Parking on the street is safe.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at the villas with my gf on Aug 13,this would be my 1st Tripadvisor review,I am not the once to complain and I try to make the best of it.Searched and searched on Tripadvisor to find a nice hotel and we thought we will give this a try. Service and location looked great. This bad experience made me post on Tripadvisor.
we had in mind a smaller and cosier place for our couple trip.Well our experience was totally different.I would never recommend this hotel,it looks more like a hostel.While the reviews were outstanding,the service was lacking,they try to be nice but nothing outstanding they'll just provide you a map.The rooms were not much considering the charge they were completely overrated. No amenities, no tv, no lounge chairs just flat,the room was organized but not really clean.
The bathroom was dingy and smelly,the plumbing is a wreck, fortunately we had our own towels cuz' they don't even change the used towels,if you plan to stay here be sure to have your own amenities,shampoo,hand soap and tissue or like me good luck on the store pal!
We had not privacy,Sharing the bathroom was an inconvenience for us since our neighbors ruled it in the mornings we were late for our tours(which costed me extra money)besides we could hear the neighbors sneezing, talking, snoring and doing their stuff.
We never had time to try the breakfast, I can't say anything about it.

About the location the marina is a pretty area to walk around, there're very few restaurants and few shops,some of them quite expensive,we really enjoyed watching the dolphins but there is not much to do.
If you're looking for variety you will really need a car,since playa del carmen is about 15 miles and tulum 30 miles (which i did not contemplate and ended up being expensive).

My conclusion,Perhaps for some people staying at the villas is an upgrade from everywhere else they might have stayed in the pass. Which justify their good reviews on TripAdvisor, but me I was really disappointed we were off to playa del carmen. I would never return again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Abo T, Direttore at Villas Picalu B&B Boutique, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Estimado Sen Gabriel V.
We are really sorry to read this review, we would like to have some more infos by your side 'cause you don't reply to us with pm.
1st of all you write that u have been in our b&b on 13 of august BUT we didn't have had any guest in a room with shared bathroom during this period, so it's a little bit difficult to argument your review.
2nd you write that there were no tv or lounge in the room..do you find in any site this infos?!maybe beacuse there are not, so why are u complaining?
Concerning the bathroom in any site is written that marina and cenote room shared 1 bathroom each other, so why are u complaining about it?it's clear that a shared bathroom is not a private one.
We provide to clean every day this bathroom (where you can find complementary soap) and the rooms but we change the towels every 3 days like in the others b&b and hotels with 2 or even 3
stars
Than the most important thing...why u didn't report it during your stay?
we are here for you to help you and creat a more comfortable holiday, if you prefer to came back home and writhe it like a child on tripad is your business but it's not correct speacially 'cause, i repeat, on 13 of august there were no guests in shared bathroom room.
All the best
Alberto&Sonia
Monza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent my holidays by you and I found at home far from home.

Alberto and Sonia made me to feel at home all the day long and at the same time I felt me as a friend of them.
When you arrive here in Mexico, light and sun remember you you're alive but you need friends too, Tha's what happened to me. I enjoyed my stay and they hepled me to feeel happy!!

This familiar and joyfull B&B it's a magic place where you can relax, have fun and find freinds (Alberto, Sonia and their special dog...another member of the stay in Villas Pacalu B&B).

I particularly suggest you "Cenote Room".

Shared bathroom are always cleaned (like the one you would like to have at home).

Mexico and Villas Picalu it's the right solution for all: AGED ...YOUNG, and VERY VERY YOUNG PEOPLE!!!

Do not forget also their breakfast. the right meal to start your stay everyday!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our trip to Mexico was unexpectedly delayed so we had to find somewhere for a good price that could accommodate us for only a few days. Luckily, we found this bed and breakfast which was more than perfect. Alberto and Sonia are friendly and hospitable, plus they are extremely knowledgeable about things to do and places to go in the area. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a more relaxed and quieter trip to Mexico.

• Stayed May 2013
Abo T, Direttore at Villas Picalu B&B Boutique, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you CValenti81 for your review,
we are very happy that your stay in villas picalu has been great!

Hope to see you again in the future.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Modern, quiet, spotless, air-conditioned, and across from the marina....a lovely spot. Breakfast is plentiful. Alberto and Sonia, your hosts, know the business and the area well and will give you all sorts of ideas and suggestions of how to spend your time. While I was there, a couple from England were spending a week and were very happy with the place. I was there only overnight on my way to meet friends farther down the coast. Nonetheless, I had a delightful time and explored restaurants, hotel/condos (for comparison), dophin areas, and shops in easy walking distance. Should I return to Puerto Aventuras, I would stay only at Villas Picalu. Sonia and Alberto are wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: I shared a bathroom, and it worked out fine. Bathroom was clean and modern, and I had no issue with...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Abo T, Direttore at Villas Picalu B&B Boutique, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Gympy,

thanks for your review; we are very happy that your stay in Villas Picalu B&B Boutique has been positive.

We wait you in the future in Puerto Aventuras!.

All the best,
Alberto y Sonia

Been to Villas Picalu B&B Boutique? Share your experiences!