“The Perfect Getaway!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
South Holland, Illinois
“The Perfect Getaway!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We decided to do an all inclusive resort for the first time and all I can say is wow! If you want to be treated like royality this is the place for you. El Dorado Seaside is an amazing place to visit or wed. We enjoyed the wonderful customer service from check in to check out. The employees were all friendly and approachable. They made us feel special and honored to have our business. The food was great at every restaurant. We were celebrating my husband's birthday on Nov 3rd and the service at Mia Casa was outstanding! The 24 hour room service was great and fast service. The entertainment was great at night. The sky light massage spa service was so relaxing that we went on two different occasions. If you are looking to be spoiled with great service this is the place for you. This place is the perfect place for romance and enriching your relationship.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,297)
  • Polish first
Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Just returned from a week at the Seaside suites. It was a lovely hotel and we would definitely return.
The room:
We paid extra for a swim up jacuzzi suite and this was a great decision. It was brilliant just being able to get in the lazy river and drift along to the bar. The room itself was spacious and the jacuzzi was put to use every night. The bed was very comfy, although being short I had to jump upon it every night due to it being so high which was quite funny! The coffee machine was well appreciated too!
The location:
The hotel is not in a town but that is a strength. The bell boys will get taxis to wherever you want and you are not more than 10 mins from the nearest town Puerto Aventuras which is a lovely marina town with little souvenier shops and also Dolphin Discovery (dolphin experience). We also got a taxi to Tulum (20 mins) and had a look around the ruins which was definitely worth it. The beach is not the best I have seen but this is due to hurricane damage a few years ago so that can't be helped - however there are plenty of lovely beaches in the area and you can easily get a taxi to one of them.
The restaurants:
4 restaurants were open when we were there for evening meals - the best in my opinion being Mia Casa (Italian) and Klay Talay (Asian Fusion). To be honest a lot of the time we were hungry as we are not used to eating a la carte portions at home, but we soon figured out to simply order more food or have room service, which was included in the all inclusive option.
For breakfast we ate at Arrecifes which was good - particularly the pancakes and for lunch we tried both Arrecifes and the beach grill - the latter being the best but unfortunately wasn't open every day.
The staff:
The staff are always friendly and shouting 'hola' which is very welcoming. They are constantly cleaning and gardening and the grounds and hotel are spotless as a result.
The entertainment:
The hotel has its own entertainment team who offered various activities throughout the day. At night other entertainers came in - some of which were totally amazing - the two acrobatic/circus shows actually left me with my jaw on the floor as they were so good.

Overall:
A great hotel - lots to do in the area and it definitely wetted our appetite to return to Mexico.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Wethersfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Let me start off by sharing that my husband and I typically plan vacations with multiple cities in smaller b&b style hotels with packed itineraries trying to see the as much as possible to get the most bang for our airfare buck and vacation time. This was our first all inclusive and so we really have nothing to compare it to...that being said, I felt like spoiled royalty for the entire stay, and slept better and felt more relaxed than any other trip I have been on. I hear AI horror stories and feel like our research paid off, thanks to fellow tripadvisors.
This is a smaller resort and they didn't require any kind of bracelets or towel cards or dinner reservations. It was very carefree and low key with no issues what so ever. They do have a dress code, but it wasn't very strict. My husband wore jeans and leather flops with a button up dress shirt for dinner a couple of nights, and i think he may have even gotten away with a nice pair of dress shorts with the leather flip flops and a button up. We did have him pack dress shoes, but soon realized as long as you aren't wearing the rubber thong flip flops you are okay. The only time we had any issue with dress code was when i tried to pop into one of the restaurants that had a 'make your own bloody mary station' with no shoes on...clearly I was having a good time and not paying attention to rules :-P
The drinks started off very weak but if you tell them to add more liquor they do without a problem, and once you identify your favorite bartenders it is easy to tell to them to make the drinks 'fuerte' or strong. We were in room 3602 which is on one of the lazy rivers. We went with another couple that booked a 'river' room, we went for the cheapest upcharge for a 'oceanview' room but when we checked in we were upgraded to a room two doors down from our friends. It turned out to be really nice, as we could meet our friends 'out back' and mosey down to the swim up bar just a short float from our back door. This bar was secluded from the rest of the resort and therefore wasn't the place to see or be seen, but was a perfect spot for us and our friends to have our own space and not be bothered by anyone. It quickly became our favorite spot once we got to know Isreal the bartender and he started making us his Especial! He knows how to make a mean drink and will keep them flowing. He even walked up and down the side of the river and delivered drinks to us on our lounge chairs by floating a tray across the river.
I think our favorite restaurant was La Vida, second was Klay Malay (Japanese). I tried ordering custom sushi, but that didn't really work, so I would suggest sticking to the menu, although my husband who does not eat seafood asked for chicken and beef sushi and they accommodated him, much to his delight. The beach side barbeque was a nice addition and we took advantage of that a few times. We also ordered room service which takes a while, but worked out nicely when we didn't want to leave our lazy river.
As far as the beach goes, it gets the job done, yes it is a little tough on the feet but the people telling you to bring water shoes are wimps. We had a fantastic nature show one afternoon when wading waist deep...we were watching gulls and pelicans dive bomb the feeder fish that were frantically swimming in large schools right around us...then we saw a 3 foot 'Big Jack' fish (tarpin) right in the swim area. It was great entertainment! We did snorkel off the beach and saw a few things, and heard that others saw a ray and turtle off the pier, but ideally, I would have liked access to deeper water off of my resort beach. The water is about 3 to 4 feet deep as far as you can possibly walk.
We took part in beach volleyball, pool volleyball, aqua arobics and yoga and used the gym, as well as attending the nightly entertainment shows. All was great with no complaints. The guys even convinced the entertainment staff to let them have an all day pool volleyball tournament, which led to lots of fun and making some great new friends. There is a ton to do here, or nothing at all, depending on what you want.
I am not a repeat vacationer, so I will probably not go back, but I fully recommend you plan your stay here. It was fantastic and a great first AI for my husband and I. El Dorado has made this AI format of no bracelets, towel cards or strict rules a must for any future trips.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We just came back from our 2 weeks vacation and we can highly recommend you to book this place. The staff is so unbelieveable friendly - from the gardeners to Paula the hotel Manager. It's worth the 5 stars and every single penny you are paying for it. It's just fabulous! We booked the upgrade on the room (ocean front). It's never really ocean front but I would recommend you to upgrade the room to this level. The rooms that are connected with a pool, are not my cup of tea. But thats just my own preference,as I prefer more pivacy.

You are not allowed to wear flip flops in the a la carte restaurants and men have to wear a shirt with a collar. Not a big thing, but should have been mentioned in any resort description. Just to make sure you have the right clothings with you.

I went to El Dorado Royal casitas a couple of years ago, which was also fantastic. So for sure I am booking my next holiday in an El Dorado resort again. Great concept, very romantic, relaxation pure. Thank you very much for the superb time!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

My wife and I spent a week at the Seaside Suites this past August. It was our second stay, and 4th overall at a Karisma Resort (we are Exotic Travel Club Members).

With hundreds of reviews citing the good, bad and ugly, It's difficult to share something new that hasn't been touched upon already. To my wife and I the Seaside Suites can be summed up with two words: Peaceful Paradise.

It's quiet. It's immaculate. The food is wonderful. The grounds are kept in pristine condition. The rooms are clean. It's relaxing. The journey you take in the lazy river that leads to the bar never grows old. There's yoga, kyaking, snorkling, volleyball, water aerobics, beach soccer, nightly entertainment, top shelf liquor, a smoothie bar, spa services($), and much more.

But what makes this resort so wonderful above all else is the service that they provide. Everyone is friendly, eager to assist you, and willing to deal with any issues you might have, and always with a smile on their face.

A couple of suggestions. First, when you get off the plane in Cancun, take a deep breath and relax - your in Mexico, it's a little slower paced than you might be used to. Second, the vacation is what you make of it. And third, please bring some $1 bills with you to tip the staff. They work long and hard to make your vacation a pleasureable experience.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try an answer them. tsi123@comcast.net.

Dave

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, EDS Representative at El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on here. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your second stay with us and that it is your fourth time visiting one of our resorts!

We feel that what makes El Dorado Seaside Suites such a standout resort for a vacation getaway in the Puerto Aventuras area are included in your kind feedback; our service, gourmet and worldly cuisine, secluded and intimate resort amenities are all a part of our unique Gourmet Inclusive concept, which ensures upscale quality and service to all guests who stay with us.

On behalf of El Dorado Seaside Suites, I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon! We will have your glass of champagne and cool aromatherapy towel awaiting your arrival!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Having never been to Mexico we were unsure as to what to expect. The flight was a touch over 11 hours, which was a real bore. When we got there we were whisked straight to our private taxi transfer booked through First Choice and were at the hotel in about an hour. Well worth the extra money.
On arrival check-in was fast and efficient. and we were soon shown to our room. It was on the 3rd floor above the swim-ups and very well laid out. If I had to be picky the once elegant drapes were a bit smelly and discoloured. It smelled a little musty and there was a little damage to some of the floor tiles. However, it really did not affect the time we spent there. Air conditioning worked really well. Bed was huge and very comfy, and Felipa kept it very clean with daily towel art surprises.
The beach was beautiful. Very clean and the sand is not bad to walk on. We wore water shoes to go in the sea but you would be fine without them. We got up to watch the beautiful sunrise every day, and as a result were able to bag a fantastic swing beach bed. The sea is nice and warm with plenty of fish who love to be fed. You can also see pelicans diving for fish. The icing on the cake was Estella bringing mojitos right to our swing bed. She is a star!
Mia Casa was our favourite restaurant. Miguel looked after us very well there. The beef tenderloin was superb, and we ate outside twice which was lovely. The other dinner restaurants are ok but nowhere near as nice. For breakfast and lunch we went to the Sandwicherie and were extremely well looked after by Antonio. What a great guy.
We didn't go to the main bar very often, and tended to drift to the small swing bar after dinner and sit on a sofa by the beach with our drinks. The racoons came by about 9.30 every night!
As far as tipping is concerned, we tipped for the room cleaning and separately for the mini bar as this is restocked by someone else. We tipped for room service when we had it. We also tipped at breakfast and lunch, with a little more at dinner. Also at the bar 3 or 4 times during the evening. The staff are so lovely and deserve your tips. They work very hard and get paid very little and rely on their tips.
We only went out once, to Tulum. We got a taxi and hired a guide when we arrived. It was well worth seeing. Most of our time was spent just relaxing on the beautiful beach and we were very sad to leave.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was so pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the sunset, while laying on our swing beach beds!

We are privileged to have been able to host your first stay in Mexico and hope to welcome you back to our resort again very soon!

On behalf of El Dorado Seaside Suites, I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and we look forward to hosting your stay with us again very soon!
Meridian, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We were there for our honeymoon this last week. We had a blast. The customer service was awesome! The food was good. William at the swin up bar was fanastic! The only negative things I have to say is that the pillows and beds are extremely lumpy and unconfortable and the beach, the sand bags were very ulgy. We had to walk about twenty mins towards the other resort to get the clear water, not to mention after our walk back to the hotel my legs had broken out into a rash that after 4 days now is still itching. My husband also spent the last 2 days on the toliet, since we have been back he has gone to the drs to be treated for dehidration and the flight back for him was unbarable. Lomas travel also double charged us for our ride which we are not happy about.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are privileged to have been able to host your honeymoon stay with us at our resort. I am happy to hear that your experiences with our service and dining were in line with our reputation for superior quality and accommodations.

I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations in certain areas of our hotel accommodations. However, we thank you for your valued feedback as we are always looking for ways to help us improve and get better.

I urge you to contact us should you want to discuss parts of your experience further. On behalf of El Dorado Seaside Suites, I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at our resort.

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!