“Super Excellente!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
“Super Excellente!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I came to this resort for my cousin's wedding along with about 40 others in the group. The food was amazing! The entertainment was Excellente! Accommodations were fantastic Loved the Cali King bed! The staff was always very friendly, always acknowledging each guest with a smile and Hola! It was apparent that this resort really takes care of their employees, because they all seemed very happy and willing to provide amazing service.

Only downfall that I saw was the servers on the beach were somewhat slow and quite often missing in action.

This is probably not the greatest resort if all you want to do is sleep and read in peace. Tons of activities day and night. Live music, shows, and even karaoke! I don't think I've ever danced, smiled or laughed so much in my lifetime!

Highly recommend this resort for anyone that wants to have fun!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,359)
  • Polish first
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This a lovely place on the beach in Mexico. However as the average price for 2 weeks with flights is 3.5k I expected more. I stayed in the premium block on the top floor. The view was great and the room very nice. We found the jacuzzi to be a bit of a gimmick as prefer to shower in the hot weather.

Breakfast was best in the verde restaurant. Lunch best at the barbecue area next to the beach.

We had a wide variety of dinner experiences some very average - the candlelight dinner, which we got free by going to the comical time share presentation, but should have been 175 dollars, looked lovely but the food quality was poor. If I had paid any money for it I would have been fuming. The worst meals were in the Asian an Mexican - the food tastes like it was bought from Iceland! The best the gourmet pub.

The wine list issue was very irritating as we only found out about the GI wine list 2 days before we left! We both had poor steaks in casa Mia which we had to pay extra for and complained about because they were fatty and very thin! The steak at tgi Fridays on the airport was much better and a similar price to the supplement!

The staff were very attentive and waiter drink service on the beach was great. The 'it's my pleasure' standard response however started to do my head in after a week.

The bus services up and down the highway are excellent and very cheap.
This review sounds quite negative but overall we enjoyed our time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

After a comfortable flight on the Dreamliner we arrived via private transfer at a very special location indeed. We opted for a swim up room which met all our expectations.

Staff we truly wonderful smiley and easy to approach if anything was needed. Room service was lovely and included in the price, availability was 24hrs. We tended to have breakfast at aricifes indoor, buffet with everything you could wish for, including freshly made eggs or omelettes to order with various fillings, every bread, muffin bagel you could want, fruit was plentiful and a chocolate fountain as well! The grill was lovely, however personally we found the Mexican disappointing, many enjoyed the Asian, especially sushi lovers.

Pools were mostly clean and grounds were spotless. Swim up bars we good although it spoiled it when we were unable to use them if a wedding party was taking place ( a little unfair).

To note,,, Some swim up do NOT get all day sunshine.
All tilled flooring can be slippy, beware.!,
Take your own tea bags
It's true on previous reviews, no steaks unless paying more.
White wine 'dreadful', opt for sparkling, red is ok.

All above points did not spoil a fab holiday. We hope to return.

dorset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We travelled on the dream liner , premium seats , but more space , free booze rubbish food . Worth the money. We had a swim up room in the premium suits , it was lovely with no problems, even if somewhat ugly from the outside.

We travel all inclusive where possible , this is the best all inclusive as far as food and beverage goes , all restaurants a la carte , beautifully served , excellent food , we had no issues with the house wine . And here sits my first gripe , and it's no fault of the hotel . . Why is it that when the food is beautifully served in lovely surroundings that some guests ignore the dress codes , hats , trainers, beachwear (in the evening) , so disrespectful and rude . And a severe lack of table manners , please and thank you !!!

It is true sun beds are reserved early , the reason is simple , the hotel accommodates 950 guests , there are three pools , each accommodating between 30-40 sun beds , the remainder on the beach therefore are all required , there is not enough and therefore get reserved , some mornings at 5.30 , all gone by 7.00 . The sun beds on beach are in a state and need repairing , the beach is narrow and def not as depicted in pictures on website.

This hotel is sold as exclusive and romantic , it is neither . We usually avoid hotel entertainment , but we did hear the twerking competition from our room !! REALLY .

I think this is false advertising re this hotel, good old thomson.

The staff are incredible and helpful and we had no issues .
We had a lovely trip ,but we won't return for reasons given and would not recommend.

Room Tip: Premium swim up rooms.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel! My boyfriend and i had been told that the Karisma group were excellent but we were completely overwhelmed by exactly how friendly and lovely the service was. Nothing was too much trouble, the food was amazing and the trips excellent. I couldn't recommend it more highly, we would definitely return.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bathgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two weeks and although the hotel is acceptaple it is by no way the best in the region. The rooms were good with reasonable facilities and the food was adequate. There is a good selection of beverages including international spirits but the wine list does leave a lot to be desired although in their defence this seems to be a problem throughout this region. The spa is quite reasonable with a good selection and my wife found it very relaxing. The staff were very accommodating as you will find in most hotels in the Cancun/Riviera Maya region, they will always go that little bit further to ensure that your stay is memorable. I'm not quite sure if I would return to this hotel as I have stayed in better in the region but it does offer value for money and as they say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just arrived home last nite and found my hubby today checking reviews on the property and there was Dean speaking in reference to the wine. We just stayed a week and we too were disappointed in the choice of "included" wines. What a coincidence that just 2 days ago, while waiting for our table at Mia Casa, a gentlemen was complaining to the lady controlling the seating that he was appalled at having no decent wine to drink included with his package other than if he wanted to choose a bottle from the "pay extra"menu. His complaint got lost in translation with her and he stomped off. I then spoke to her myself, trying to explain what he was upset about, and that this too was rather upsetting. I explained to her that considering the level of hotel, 1 red wine..to be included was poor and needed to be addressed by the management. I have been in the travel industry for 37 years and can not count the all inclusive let alone "gourmet inclusive" properties I have been blessed to visit in that time. Every major player in the market, on every island, 5 of the major cruise lines.. and this seemed all so petty to me. After all, in our limo down to the hotel...I had a magnificent bottle of champagne for just $15 ... Now to read I should have known to ask for a GI menu with included wines?? come on.... really??? Here I am tonight enjoying my own homemade $8 a bottle with much enjoyment and hubby passed me this review. Sorry, I do try to read past reviews that have negativity. But this is legit, and I will be emailing my reviews and recommendations to the management this week once I have all my thoughts and ducks in a row. I will be posting those in a few days and other than a few bleeps which really didn't ruin our vacation... the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: will be posting a more detailed review shortly..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!