“Lovely hotel , with some stupid issues” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 32% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
dorset
“Lovely hotel , with some stupid issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We travelled on the dream liner , premium seats , but more space , free booze rubbish food . Worth the money. We had a swim up room in the premium suits , it was lovely with no problems, even if somewhat ugly from the outside.

We travel all inclusive where possible , this is the best all inclusive as far as food and beverage goes , all restaurants a la carte , beautifully served , excellent food , we had no issues with the house wine . And here sits my first gripe , and it's no fault of the hotel . . Why is it that when the food is beautifully served in lovely surroundings that some guests ignore the dress codes , hats , trainers, beachwear (in the evening) , so disrespectful and rude . And a severe lack of table manners , please and thank you !!!

It is true sun beds are reserved early , the reason is simple , the hotel accommodates 950 guests , there are three pools , each accommodating between 30-40 sun beds , the remainder on the beach therefore are all required , there is not enough and therefore get reserved , some mornings at 5.30 , all gone by 7.00 . The sun beds on beach are in a state and need repairing , the beach is narrow and def not as depicted in pictures on website.

This hotel is sold as exclusive and romantic , it is neither . We usually avoid hotel entertainment , but we did hear the twerking competition from our room !! REALLY .

I think this is false advertising re this hotel, good old thomson.

The staff are incredible and helpful and we had no issues .
We had a lovely trip ,but we won't return for reasons given and would not recommend.

Room Tip: Premium swim up rooms.

4,394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,148)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel! My boyfriend and i had been told that the Karisma group were excellent but we were completely overwhelmed by exactly how friendly and lovely the service was. Nothing was too much trouble, the food was amazing and the trips excellent. I couldn't recommend it more highly, we would definitely return.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kabul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two weeks and although the hotel is acceptaple it is by no way the best in the region. The rooms were good with reasonable facilities and the food was adequate. There is a good selection of beverages including international spirits but the wine list does leave a lot to be desired although in their defence this seems to be a problem throughout this region. The spa is quite reasonable with a good selection and my wife found it very relaxing. The staff were very accommodating as you will find in most hotels in the Cancun/Riviera Maya region, they will always go that little bit further to ensure that your stay is memorable. I'm not quite sure if I would return to this hotel as I have stayed in better in the region but it does offer value for money and as they say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just arrived home last nite and found my hubby today checking reviews on the property and there was Dean speaking in reference to the wine. We just stayed a week and we too were disappointed in the choice of "included" wines. What a coincidence that just 2 days ago, while waiting for our table at Mia Casa, a gentlemen was complaining to the lady controlling the seating that he was appalled at having no decent wine to drink included with his package other than if he wanted to choose a bottle from the "pay extra"menu. His complaint got lost in translation with her and he stomped off. I then spoke to her myself, trying to explain what he was upset about, and that this too was rather upsetting. I explained to her that considering the level of hotel, 1 red wine..to be included was poor and needed to be addressed by the management. I have been in the travel industry for 37 years and can not count the all inclusive let alone "gourmet inclusive" properties I have been blessed to visit in that time. Every major player in the market, on every island, 5 of the major cruise lines.. and this seemed all so petty to me. After all, in our limo down to the hotel...I had a magnificent bottle of champagne for just $15 ... Now to read I should have known to ask for a GI menu with included wines?? come on.... really??? Here I am tonight enjoying my own homemade $8 a bottle with much enjoyment and hubby passed me this review. Sorry, I do try to read past reviews that have negativity. But this is legit, and I will be emailing my reviews and recommendations to the management this week once I have all my thoughts and ducks in a row. I will be posting those in a few days and other than a few bleeps which really didn't ruin our vacation... the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: will be posting a more detailed review shortly..
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our second trip to this resort. We loved our first visit and were going this time with friends who had never been to Mexico. It was like going home to family. From the time we checked in to our check out we were so well taken care of. We wanted for nothing. All of the staff was friendly but we have to thank Edgar, Carlos, Hector, Stephanie, Lucy and Gabriella for making us feel very special. We relaxed, ate well and were never without a drink. We started every day sitting outside with coffee, mimosa's and breakfast treats that were delivered right to our room. We loved all our meals but our favorite restaurant was the Italian. Amazing! We loved our dinner on the beach and the special turn down service to our room that night. Just beautiful and very romantic. The whole week was so wonderful. The grounds, rooms and beach were all wonderful but it was the staff that will keep us coming back. Thank you!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have just returned from a two week holiday at EDSS and travelled with my wife and two friends. We had a fantastic time as the EDSS staff are very attentive and the whole complex was kept extremely clean.
However, during the first week of the holiday whenever we visited any of the restaurants we were offered the house wines or the hotel wine list (which would incur extra cost). Having spent over £4,000 to go there we were reluctant to spend any further money on wine ! However, the white wine tasted similar to vinegar and the red wine was equally as bad or brown in colour which meant it had gone off.
We complained to our concierge Reina with regards to the choice of wines and she basically offered to sent us a bottle to our room and would enquire about the wines. Suffice to say, the bottle that she sent us was the same as we were complaining about !! After a few days of waiting for a reply we again approached Reina who promised to enquire. After more days of no information my friend approached our Thomson Holiday Rep "Sam" who also said she would enquire.
Within hours Sam got back to us and stated that we should be offered the GI Wine List at each of the restaurants (GI stands for Gourmet Inclusive). That night when offered the wine list we asked for the GI List and the waitress nearly fell over in shock. She did deliver the list and there are fifteen wines on the list to choice from and the were really fantastic wines.
I just feel that the list is hidden from guests so that if you do want decent wine then you are expected to pay for it when there is a perfectly good list of wines included in the holiday price at no extra cost. Not one member of staff offered the list without us asking for it !!!
The only other blemish with the hotel was the access to Wi Fi.
This was also at an extra cost which I have never experienced before. I've been to hotels where its free or merely available in reception but not at EDSS.
We were asked to go to a sales presentation by our concierge and she offered us free Wi Fi if we attended. We did this but then only got access in certain areas of the hotel as each area had different passwords but this did assist us in contacting home.
Overall the hotel, cleanliness, food and staff was superb but its just a shame they try and make even more money by merely offering an expensive wine list in the restaurants and hide the GI List which doesn't cost the guest any more money.
Special thanks to Esther our room maid who did a great job and also to Elmer one of the poolside bar men who mixed up some great drinks and was always smiling.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The service and food are great rooms are comfortable clean and spacious, animation staff is terrific Diego and lulu make us laugh everyday DON'T forget to visit Naay spa ask for Elsa she will take care of you as royalty ;) we are coming again soon for sure

Stayed February 2014
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!